Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

9 minutes ago, AcidBurn98 said:

Did you not read the paragraph where I complemented men that stuck up for her and didn't just blindly accuse her of being evil. Maybe that sexism rooted inside you made you forget how to read for a moment. I am not angry at all men, just men that stand up for abusers and treat women like garbage so they can feel like they have some sort of power in their miserable life.

calling me sexist when you dont know me or my life is cool, so thanks for your understanding. The point is for 90 pages of this thread we had one persons word so taking that persons side blindly is wrong, more have now stepped in and backed her up like they should. Now if anyone takes the side she lying that obv wrong but you called alot of poeple just looking for the truth alot of bad names now. (your doing too others what your mad somone did to her now)

10 minutes ago, AcidBurn98 said:

I am sorry but think about your post for a second. Even if the context for the coffee thing turns out it was meant in a friendly way. Considering that she was also called slurs and physically assaulted I am wondering how those can be take out of context. They just called me that slur, maybe it was to show support. Grabbing me in uncomfortable places and asking about my sex history, maybe its like some vulkan ritual or something. /S

Please think about your post for a second. Her testimony is not proof and is so vague in most places - I fully agree with rickyc12s on this because it's a very common thing to happen. People take things out of context all the time and some people have different boundaries or more easily take offense. There's also many degrees of severity depending on how these allegations happened and her vague testimony makes people think the worst.

For example I'm still curious what she means with "inappropriately grabbed" for example because that could mean ANYTHING and I think she knows people would suspect the worst. If you grab a colleague by the waist as if to dance, that can be "inappropriate" but this is not what people here are suspecting. They think they grabbed her boobs or ass. 

2 minutes ago, David_Campbell said:

calling me sexist when you dont know me or my life is cool, so thanks for your understanding. The point is for 90 pages of this thread we had one persons word so taking that persons side blindly is wrong, more have now stepped in and backed her up like they should. Now if anyone takes the side she lying that obv wrong but you called alot of poeple just looking for the truth alot of bad names now. (your doing too others what your mad somone did to her now)

Oh no did I hurt your feelings. Guess I shouldn’t talk to men who can dish it out but can’t take it back. You can read into my life and tell me how I should or shouldn’t feel about men, and assume I am angry at every man ever. But I respond back with a hint of sarcasm and suddenly that’s too far. Now your fees fees are hurt because I made a little assumption about you back.

I am gonna hang up for the night. Again thanks to all the allies fighting the good fight against the misinformation and misogyny in this thread. You are all Kenough in my books.

Well, I've definitely seen at least 2 of her posts that kinda cancel each other out. First she wrote that she was told something inappropriate and she quit 15 minutes after. In an other twitter post, she was replying to someone who asked how she had the stomach to quit, she wrote, that she started applying to jobs and she accepted an offer and quit. Did she do it in 15 minutes? I mean, an interview usually takes at least 30 minutes to an hour in my experience, soo, I don't really believe her. Think she was just mad for having to do some work. Maybe with some real evidence she can change my mind, but right now, things just don't add up. I mean, it seems pretty unbelievable to have a job offered to you just around when someone tells you something you don't like.

image.png.dda3805db70924367fcb77a5baa65f8e.pngimage.png.6e2e714089a5dad162d0270cea096c51.png

1 hour ago, David_Campbell said:

show me proof she not making this up

Not up to anybody except LMG to prove her wrong.

And even if she is exagerating it, they've to ask how to avoid that in the future, cause all of this Is hurting LMG badly.

17 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Please think about your post for a second. Her testimony is not proof and is so vague in most places - I fully agree with rickyc12s on this because it's a very common thing to happen. People take things out of context all the time and some people have different boundaries or more easily take offense. There's also many degrees of severity depending on how these allegations happened and her vague testimony makes people think the worst.

For example I'm still curious what she means with "inappropriately grabbed" for example because that could mean ANYTHING and I think she knows people would suspect the worst. If you grab a colleague by the waist as if to dance, that can be "inappropriate" but this is not what people here are suspecting. They think they grabbed her boobs or ass. 

She spelled it out for you. She said she was asked to twerk, told she should screw her co worker, and called slurs. At this point you are cherry picking anything to not have to admit your tech daddy has a horrible work culture. This is my actual final post for the night wanted to respond to this before bed.

2 minutes ago, fenna said:

Not up to anybody except LMG to prove her wrong.

And even of she is exagerating it, they've to ask how to avoid that in the future, cause all of this Is hurting LMG badly.

your late, Colin backed her up and that is what i was looking for.

Can't wait for the new item in the store - "Big Girl Pants"

6 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Well that's exactly it - being asked to twerk isn't that big a deal if it's said as part of a goofy conversation. I mean, you DO watch LTT videos right? They say the silliest things on camera, do you think they fake it?

No, I don't think they fake it. As I don't think that adult actor fake enjoying doing what they do on camera, but I don't expect them to just do the same thing off camera to other workers, because there on camera and off camera. 

I get it that LTT hosts have quite the goofy personality, but that doesn't justify them doing what they allegedly did. 

Even in that HR vid, it was joked that Linus should dance on the table - is THAT sexual harassment or just an innocent joke? You can make many silly things sound egregious by taking it out of the context. 

Yes, it is, but since both parties involved in the joke were ok with it, then it's not reported and the thing ends there. A bit like when people call me lazy fat ass or useless or bald [redacted], it's ok with me because I like those kind of jokes. Just so you understand to what little extent you have to go to "sexually harass" someone at work, calling a man "bald" is considered sex-related harassment. And that's exactly why SH training is extremely important, because most people don't even understand what consists SH and what doesn't.

21 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

You can make many silly things sound egregious by taking it out of the context. Now, if someone walks up to her and goes "hey twerk that booty for me" that's very different but somehow I doubt that's what happened.

Well, to be clear, in any work-related context that would count as sexual harassment. 

12 minutes ago, AcidBurn98 said:

Oh no did I hurt your feelings. Guess I shouldn’t talk to men who can dish it out but can’t take it back. You can read into my life and tell me how I should or shouldn’t feel about men, and assume I am angry at every man ever. But I respond back with a hint of sarcasm and suddenly that’s too far. Now your fees fees are hurt because I made a little assumption about you back.

Yes and now your gaslighting me, you are now the abuser!

3 minutes ago, AcidBurn98 said:

She spelled it out for you. She said she was asked to twerk, told she should screw her co worker, and called slurs. At this point you are cherry picking anything to not have to admit your tech daddy has a horrible work culture. This is my actual final post for the night wanted to respond to this before bed.

Your logic is astounding. So now I can post on Twitter "AcidBurn said I want to have sex with Linus". See how that goes? How easy it is to misinterpret something said off the cuff and out of frustration? 

3 minutes ago, David_Campbell said:

Yes and now your gaslighting me, you are now the abuser!

Stop trolling. You don't come out as funny or smart

1 minute ago, post_screen said:

Stop trolling. You don't come out as funny or smart

im not, i was making a point! also wasnt talking to you!

14 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

She was very specific in details about minor stuff, like the special notebook. Though probably because humans do like to fixate on small things that annoy us.

Though, basically, everything anyone is going around about is academic. Madison's and much of LMG's future hinges on whether she told the owner of a small-ish company, that has 2 young daughters and is hyper protective about his company's image & PR, that she had been bullied/sexually assaulted/harassed at his company.  And then he completely ignored it, in violation of Canadian Employment Law.

There's a reason I keep coming back to "don't do late night Twitter threads". There's no winners here, only damage. 

15 minutes ago, dominikremes said:

Well, I've definitely seen at least 2 of her posts that kinda cancel each other out. First she wrote that she was told something inappropriate and she quit 15 minutes after. In an other twitter post, she was replying to someone who asked how she had the stomach to quit, she wrote, that she started applying to jobs and she accepted an offer and quit. Did she do it in 15 minutes? I mean, an interview usually takes at least 30 minutes to an hour in my experience, soo, I don't really believe her. Think she was just mad for having to do some work. Maybe with some real evidence she can change my mind, but right now, things just don't add up. I mean, it seems pretty unbelievable to have a job offered to you just around when someone tells you something you don't like.

image.png.dda3805db70924367fcb77a5baa65f8e.pngimage.png.6e2e714089a5dad162d0270cea096c51.png

You can have an offer of employment without having accepted it yet. It's entirely possible she'd found something else but didn't make the final decision until that comment was made to her.

This isn't the big "aha" moment you seem to think it is.

im not, i was making a point! also wasnt talking to you!

You, my friend, are long past proving a point. Now you are saying stuff for sake of making people angry. Come to think of it, that's what you've been doing the whole time.

3 minutes ago, Mertrodome said:

You can have an offer of employment without having accepted it yet. It's entirely possible she'd found something else but didn't make the final decision until that comment was made to her.

This isn't the big "aha" moment you seem to think it is.

I mean yes, it could have been, but based on my experience, these offers rarely do last more than a few days. Yes, if she applied to lots of places, than yes, but if I was in a situation that bad, I wouldn't really hesitate to accept an offer that seems fine when I get it. 

Edit: Also as I said, multiple things just don't add up to me. If there will be real hard evidence, I can accept that, but I just don't believe it for now. If she wanted to deal with it legal way, a lawyer would tell her the stfu about this on social media until legal action is taken, because publishing things on social media might fuck up her chances. However if her intentions were purely to just harm LMG, it definitely worked. Question is only if it will backfire, or if she's telling the 100% truth

23 minutes ago, dominikremes said:

It might have been a "I would have given 2 weeks notice and worked both jobs had this not happened" sort of a thing?

Having the job lined up might have been a confidence boost to 'fuck this shit I'm out.'

3 minutes ago, post_screen said:

You, my friend, are long past proving a point. Now you are saying stuff for sake of making people angry. Come to think of it, that's what you've been doing the whole time.

half true, i only make angry people more angry to show them how wastefaul anger is. it causes rash decisions and words and has no place in a sitution like this. should you be angry ofc but letting it controi your words is why we have world like this.

truth is i dont care what the outcome is, theres much bigger problems in this world and what she went through is nothing to me when compared to the children being expoilted in this world. So if you want to help a real person and make a diffrence in lives ill leave this here for you all, Help a person who never had a chance today https://www.childrenincrossfire.org/

41 minutes ago, AcidBurn98 said:

Whatever you're trying to achieve and however legit your interests are, this is inappropriate, and you're not doing yourself or your mission a favor by this form of communication. The end doesn't justify the means.

12 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

She was very specific in details about minor stuff, like the special notebook. Though probably because humans do like to fixate on small things that annoy us.

Though, basically, everything anyone is going around about is academic. Madison's and much of LMG's future hinges on whether she told the owner of a small-ish company, that has 2 young daughters and is hyper protective about his company's image & PR, that she had been bullied/sexually assaulted/harassed at his company.  And then he completely ignored it, in violation of Canadian Employment Law.

There's a reason I keep coming back to "don't do late night Twitter threads". There's no winners here, only damage. 

The notebook thing was an odd thing to be so specific about which is why it feels so weird how she leaves all the rest incredibly vague. The problem is that you cannot do anything with such vague accusations. At work I have to mediate between workers as well and quite frequently and if one makes an accusation, I need all the detail to be able to figure out in how far they're speaking the truth or embellishing things. If you leave things vague, it means nothing can be done since I won't reprimand someone without knowing EXACTLY what to reprimand them for.

I dunno, my gut tells me she was poorly treated but that she's trying to make some things sound worse than they are by keeping them vague.

half true, i only make angry people more angry to show them how wastefaul anger is. it causes rash decisions and words and has no place in a sitution like this. should you be angry ofc but letting it controi your words is why we have world like this.

truth is i dont care what the outcome is, theres much bigger problems in this world and what she went through is nothing to me when compared to the children being expoilted in this world. So if you want to help a real person and make a diffrence in lives ill leave this here for you all, Help a person who never had a chance today https://www.childrenincrossfire.org/

While I admire the cause you claim to support with your actions here and I somewhat agree what you have said, that's not the best way to go about it. Yes, there are levels to bad things that people experience in life, and my day being ruined by me cutting myself while cooking is nowhere near as bad as the way some people are being exploited in awful ways. But it still sucks for me at that moment.

You should never disregard someone's fears and pain as being small and less then other person's. There is time and place to advocate for everything. Chose it carefully and don't hurt others in that process