Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Proof of mistreatment? Do you deny that?

Absolutely. Zero evidence.

3 minutes ago, McGherkin said:

And that David Gautier has gone through the twitter thread liking Madison’s posts.

And that the video of the staff meeting discussing an allegation happened in Dec 2021 when Madison left, despite Linus now claiming he doesn’t recognise any of the events described.

And that Madison’s accounts of the working environment tally up with other ex-LMG accounts of the place, workload and conditions wise.

There is currently far more evidence that this DID happen than did not. But clearly it will never be enough for some of the LMG community.

It’s all very well saying you want to wait for the outcome of the investigation, but to claim that there’s no merit to these accusations or that there’s no evidence is patently incorrect.

Seriously, liking Twitter posts? Out of how many people at LMG now and over the years exactly? How many anonymous reports or Glassdoor reviews, for people who may be afraid of coming forward?

How old are you people? lol

1 minute ago, dynastes said:

As I said, people will consider this hearsay and for good reason, too. However, what you said remains speculation at least just as much. We are not likely to find out what's the actual facts.

However, some of the things she claims are, if not outright lies, absolutely inacceptable, not matter the context of the situation - or don't you think so?

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to jump to conclusions here, even though I get that it might have come across this way. But if there are any reasons whatsoever to level such accusations, even if the true story might be less extreme, it still does not bode well for the company they are leveled against.

There can entirely be context that she's conveniently ignored for everything she put in the thread rendering the complaints null & void and defamatory of LMG and specific employees there.  Even the groping allegation could have been someone catching her as she's about to fall down the stairs, but in a decayed mental state, at the time, the memories got twisted in weird, self-affirming directions.

I don't want to drag on the Woman, but her own statements mean her testimony of facts are going to be suspect. A lot of the people in these threads have clearly never dealt with anyone that's in a terrible mental space. Realities get invented that never happened. This is why the Late Night Twitter Thread is almost never the way to deal with any sort of situation like this. She lobbed grenades at LMG and its employees. She best hope none come back to blow up in her face.

Also, she could have outright named the direct manager she had, who's the one employee of LMG that's central to all of this.  They weren't worth mentioning by name? Or the employees that harassed her?

There's a reason I've been saying this isn't going to end well for 90+ pages.

17 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

Someone shared it in the thread already. It's posted on reddit, here: 

I've been in around 5-6 different companies, all of them gave us a chat like this, and honestly, I don't know if I'm used to it, but every single thing, even the EGREGIOUS JOKE HOLY SHIT WOW, was fine for my standards. Was the joke ok? Nah, but this types of chats generate stress and nervous, as the talk informs you that there has been issues with this type of stuff, so of course, you crack a joke to alleviate the stress. Again, I'm not defending the joke, but it seems everybody makes a big hoopla out of it, plus, it doesn't confirm ANYTHING that Madison has said, just that James is a dumbo.

I know this will sound weird, but I really, reaaaally hope, that everything that Madison said, was true, because with the latest tweet from LTT, it has been confirmed that a third party is gonna do a RH audit and the results will be shared, and if Madison, just even slightly exxagerated her point of view, the poor girl's reputation is gonna be demolished.

3 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

But there is also zero evidence that LTT/LMG are innocent.

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

7 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

You can diddle-dance all you want. The fact of the matter is that people care about this stuff and LMG has been exposed. Linus at least did the right thing and talked to his employees about it. Perhaps he should also talk to his fans about what's best for LMG as well. You're only hurting yourself and LMG themselves with this kind of non-attitude. <remove by staff>

Edited by SansVarnic
Do not politicize. ~Sans

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Or, you know, you could look at what Colin, who worked for LMG until about a year ago, said backing up a lot of Madison's statements...

But hey, who needs other first hand accounts on things, you do you.

Exactly. The only motivation I can find behind Madison's thread is that she explicitly says she's pissed off that her complaints were ignored/minimised at the time, and that's what led directly to her leaving - there's no upside to her doing this now for her other than rectifying that, especially given the backlash she knew was coming (since it's happened in the past).

LMG are actively investigating this now - whether it's because there are suddenly consequences or because of a desire to do the right thing, doesn't matter. That's the best result she could hope for, and the only proper response. I suspect there are some LMG employees who didn't sleep a whole lot last night and will be polishing their CVs this morning, particularly since her account has been notionally corroborated by Colin and he won't be the only one now that the environment has switched from "production at all costs" to "we need to know about this now".

To all of the folk doubling down on their character assassination of Madison instead of talking about it rationally...have you considered how you're going to look if the investigation shows that she's telling the truth? The Internet is forever, and a lot of folk doing that have reused usernames and posted content in the past that link to your actual identities...y'all might find yourselves in exactly the same box that you're trying to put her in.

Have a care for the future, and maybe a bit of empathy, and perhaps try to show a bit of restraint.

So here is my question... Who "leaked" that audio? I mean for all we know Linus could have recorded it 10 hours ago and it's all an act to show how he "cares" about the issue. Isn't it convenient that it got "leaked" just now? It would take him like an hour to prepare such audio and "leak" it. Can someone prove that this audio is actually an old audio from that meeting?

Just think about it guys who benefit from this audio the most? I already see people who take Linus' side on this issue after hearing that audio. We have to be open minded everything is possible. And I would not be surprised if that recording was done just to make Linus look good. I mean he doesn't have to make 24 videos a day so have the time to make a 4 min audio recording i guess.

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

You can diddle-dance all you want. The fact of the matter is that people care about this stuff and LMG has been exposed. Linus at least did the right thing and talked to his employees about it. Perhaps he should also talk to his fans about what's best for LMG as well. You're only hurting yourself and LMG themselves with this kind of non-attitude. <removed by staff>

Where is the evidence? 

<removed by staff>

Of course I wouldn't expect more from someone with such a username.

Edited by SansVarnic
Do not politicize. ~Sans

2 minutes ago, Rolling2405 said:

Innocent until proven guilty. Are you familiar with that? Also, Hitchens' razor.

3 minutes ago, Rolling2405 said:

Yeah, but your innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around mate.

9 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

Have a care for the future, and maybe a bit of empathy, and perhaps try to show a bit of restraint.

What about evidence? Or are we going to put people in jail on hearsay?

Just now, mikaelus said:

Seriously, liking Twitter posts? Out of how many people at LMG now and over the years exactly? How many anonymous reports or Glassdoor reviews, for people who may be afraid of coming forward?

How old are you people? lol

Bearing in mind that these accusations are incredibly damaging to LMG, and you can bet that LMG is aware of this, I’d call it quite a brave thing to do frankly. Also, you wouldn’t be liking everything if you thought it was all made up.

5 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

Innocent until proven guilty. Are you familiar with that? Also, Hitchens' razor.

You don't seem to realize that if Madison takes this recording to court the Jury will be on her side. <removed>

Edited by SansVarnic

5 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

What about evidence? Or are we going to put people to jail on hearsay?

Who's going to jail? At most, this would be a civil case.

But...the only evidence that will be available is corroborating witness testimony. In just a day, and with nobody from the company actively soliciting evidence, we've already had two people with first-hand knowledge support Madison's account - David by liking her Tweets, and Colin coming right out and saying it. How many more do you think there might be, now that the culture has actively changed at the company?

6 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

You don't seem to realize that if Madison takes this recording to court the Jury will be on her side. <removed>

and why would the jury be on her side again? She is complaining that no one did anything, the video proves the someone, in fact, did something

What else is there to the video that can help her case?

Edited by SansVarnic

Just now, avgvstvs said:

and why would the jury be on her side again? She is complaining that no one did anything, the video proves the someone, in fact, did something

Not exactly. She complains that nobody did anything when they should have, and the video proves that they changed their policies after she left (without actually taking any further action on her complaints).

Those are not comparable.

1 minute ago, avgvstvs said:

what is this recording, do you have the sauce.... (source) it would be nice to have the ability to make a opinion, since it sounds brutal...

27 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Or, you know, you could look at what Colin, who worked for LMG until about a year ago, said backing up a lot of Madison's statements...

But hey, who needs other first hand accounts on things, you do you.

It would be great if you could share a printscreen or at least source it? Who is Colin? Where can i find "what he said"?

It proves exactly what you said. If you had the power to offer a penalty then, what would it be? We can be completely theoretical about it. But since there is proof that something happened, practically you HAVE to give a penalty. And normies don't like LMG as much as you do.

It would be great if you could share a printscreen or at least source it? Who is Colin? Where can i find "what he said"?

image.png.71c142326f7cac7bc8d53042b7d68b74.png

6 minutes ago, Goriss said:
So here is my question... Who "leaked" that audio? I mean for all we know Linus could have recorded it 10 hours ago and it's all an act to show how he "cares" about the issue. Isn't it convenient that it got "leaked" just now? It would take him like an hour to prepare such audio and "leak" it. Can someone prove that this audio is actually an old audio from that meeting?

Just think about it guys who benefit from this audio the most? I already see people who take Linus' side on this issue after hearing that audio. We have to be open minded everything is possible. And I would not be surprised if that recording was done just to make Linus look good. I mean he doesn't have to make 24 videos a day so have the time to make a 4 min audio recording i guess.

It was on Reddit some five or so months ago already. Check back in this thread, someone linked the original one. 

6 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

What about evidence? Or are we going to put people to jail on hearsay?

Witness testimony is one of the highest forms of evidence that exists. 

And so far there's Madison, Colin and David liking all her tweets. Along with a meeting exhibiting inappropriate behaviour.

8 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

The court will not be in her side because the recording doesn't confirm the allegations, if any, it will just show that she complained to RH way too late, meaning she didn't follow what she was supposed to be, plus, she said Linus didn't really knew much of anything.

Also, everybody says Colin confirmed everything, or generally, but he just said "sounds about right", and that he's happy everything is going to be scrutinize, so it just partially confirms it, which is to be seen with the audit.

Again, I hope everything Madison is true, because if the findings show that she's exaggerating or just untrue, it will tank her, and most worryingly, it will completely break her mental health, which from the likes of it, is already in a fine thread.

Edited by SansVarnic

6 minutes ago, McGherkin said:

Bearing in mind that these accusations are incredibly damaging to LMG, and you can bet that LMG is aware of this, I’d call it quite a brave thing to do frankly. Also, you wouldn’t be liking everything if you thought it was all made up.

And what does that prove exactly? That out of dozens of people working at LMG Madison maybe had one buddy?