Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, TopWargamer said:

What would they sue her for…? She didn’t leak any confidential company information. She is freely speaking her mind on a subject matter. There is no legal recourse for LMG. 

There is no course outside of the court where Linus gets a win. Discussing this on the public will only be worse due to the power dynamics. Suing for defamation can fix the issue, but, it's problably not a god route also. You also have to check local laws, don't know how this works on the USA or CA, in Brazil there is grounds for defamation if she can't prove it.

I can empathize with Madison on the workload complaints and not getting things addressed in a timely manner (the sexual harassment I haven't experienced, so adding that on top of the generally poor environment I can't even imagine).  People are saying that the few social media posts per day she was tasked to do aren't a lot, but she expanded on it a bit herself.  Obviously if she just needed to post anything it would be easy, but it sounds like there were either quality requirements or she herself wanted them to be meaningful.  When you need to go around getting good content at a company where everyone is busy all the time with little time to do much else . . . yeah, that's going to be a lot to do every single day.  Her other option would be to just constantly put out trash, which would eventually get her into trouble and add yet another mark on her employment.  It sounds like she was put into a situation where she couldn't succeed regardless of what she did.  Asking for a simple notebook and that getting denied is a really weird thing to happen, especially when that entire process and people involved in it probably cost more than the company just having a supply on hand or her expensing her own.  To me this is all believable having experienced bloated processes and work environments where doing your job well is nearly impossible.

Add on top of that the constant stress of harassment and needing to keep your head on a swivel . . . yeah, sounds horrible.  Was her response (going to the ER on purpose) reasonable?  How can anyone that wasn't involved truly say for sure?  To me, it seems plausible.  When people get put into situations they feel they can't get out of they start to do crazy things that may seem weird to someone on the outside looking in.  This is something that needs to be handled, and it probably needs to be handled behind closed doors.  I don't think we are owed anything other than a "we looked into it, found the responsible parties, and they are no longer a part of LMG" type of response on WAN show or a brief community post.  There are real humans involved in this, and as was seen by the NCIX Play Button debacle, a community getting involved can take things too far.  This situation as a whole, like others being brought up recently, is a failure at many levels and probably can't be pinned on just one person.

2 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

And all that sarcastic stuff, double to you!

Thanks 😄

Everyone is allowed to have their own feels.

How do we know LMG did not looking into the allegations she made when she made them and found a lack of evidence to support the claim? She may not of liked the out come but there may of been one. 

2 minutes ago, hassam222 said:

LMG is Canadian. There are government channels she can still go through right now before she needs to sue.

My point is that she doesn't need to sue or go through government channels - I was talking about LMG notionally suing her for defamation.

Think about it; a big part of her motivation is the accusation that they minimised her complaints and didn't deal with them properly, and she left her job as a result. If she wanted them to properly investigate, then posting it on social media and leaving the ball in their court is actually a pretty good way of doing that. They either investigate by response, find out she's right and offer reparations (financial or otherwise), or they sue for defamation...in which case, they have to investigate to prove she's lying in order to make a case.

Either way, the "make LMG investigate the complaints" goal is achieved.

However, if she's going to go down that road, she'd have to be really confident in her claims before posting. Like, 100% sure.

It's been a long time since I've posted here. I wanted to say a few words.

I see people here using self harm as an excuse to use PTO to the detriment of LMG. I see something else. I see this as evidence that the alleged interactions between Madison and Linus/LMG as a whole, as they pertain to questions about her mental health, are substantiated. Regardless of the tact, or lack thereof, in the verbiage used, intentionally cutting yourself to the point of needing immediate medical intervention is not the behavior of a sound individual. LMG is not a labor camp. It is a place of employment. Choosing to cut your leg open in order to take a sick day shows an egregious level of disconnect from reality that I have no choice but to think was pervasive in the other areas of Madison's employment. A reasonable person would put in a resignation, raise their concerns in a firm yet respectable manner, or find legal counsel.

Just now, GitGudDandy said:

The responses of some of the members in this thread, even post moderation is frankly disgusting.

This is why people don't want to come forward about SA.

Agreed. I engaged a little earlier, but some of the sentiments being expressed are horrible and most of the scepticism reminds me of the worst possible actors during the GG fiasco a decade or so ago

Women staying quiet about harassment

WHY DON'T WOMEN SPEAK UP ABOUT THESE THINGS?

Woman speaks up about harassment

WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU. YOU ARE PROBABLY CRAZY AND A LIAR.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

Just now, Kravatie1 said:

his points are valid though

I have a much lower opinion of men and their desperation than you do.

It sounded like ordinary people to me!

5 hours ago, Im_a_Rhinoceros said:

There more than enough legal remedies for her allegations. If they had any merit she is free to pursue them, otherwise…

Many people cannot afford the monetary and/or emotional costs of legal pursuit in situations like this. Dismissing them wholesale really doesn't work in every situation.

4 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

The timing is absolutely opportunistic, but that is not at all a negative or a coincidence.

People rarely tend to speak up on their own. There is a very high barrier to start such a conversation. GN lowered this barrier significantly with their valid critizism. Madison finally sharing her experiences after GN started the conversation is exactly what you would expect.

So please don't try to measure the validity of her claims by the temporal dependency to another controversy.

She also said she was getting a lot of DMs about her situation, because when there's a little bit of drama people tend to go looking for more.  But I think at some level she could have felt she wouldn't be believed if she had mentioned anything before.  Now that people are looking at LMG with a more critical view it was absolutely the time to get her story out if she wanted to be believed (and also get people to stop messaging her).  I agree it's opportunistic, and I understand people thinking she just wants to pile on.  But as I think you were alluding to, it's probably more that this is a time she will actually be believed than anything else.  It happens a lot, unfortunately.

Edited by Oilyraincloud
Clarification in wording

17 minutes ago, McGherkin said:

Because of course there’s lots of women working at LMG.

There are other women working there. There have been others in the past as well. AND, we don’t know ALL of the people that LMG employs, only the ones that they choose to participate in videos. I’m not discrediting anyone. Just wondering why only her in all the time the company has existed. And it’s not just about sexual claims. There were work related claims that could have just as easily been directed at male employees as well. 

Even if a vast majority of the allegations and alleged experiences Maddison claims are exaggerated or made up entirely.  There is most likely a kernel of truth here.

Im not going to judge one way or the other if what she says is true, we simply dont and cant know what is valid at this point.

Perhaps everything Maddison says is 100% true and actually did happen in the way they claim.  Perhaps its all false.  The reality is its likely somewhere in between and there are many points of view to consider.  Something one person might find highly offensive and would make for a hostile environment is not the same for others, and there is also an element of potential exaggeration to include.

Im not defending LMG, but im also not going to immediately hate spam them.  Same goes for Maddison.  We need to let this play out and hear both sides if possible and make an informed judgement instead of bandwagoning one way or another.  Somewhere, somehow, someone has proof one way or another and we should be champion for that proof to come out and the truth to be known.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

2 minutes ago, Neroon said:

But trust me, this has crazy written all over it.

Finally somebody said it. Just watch the Show & Tell video of her, she doesn't seem professional at all. If you then compare the review on glassdoor with the twitter thread she seems to exaggerate a lot of what has happened. 

To me this just sounds like somebody who hasn't "grown up" enough to be in a high pressure "startup like" environment. And then she goes on to also say she hurts herself to get sick days.

image.png.bbbf50a952dc0f81b67bba530a901617.png

https://youtu.be/AflNDflM-LU?t=253

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

Just now, NachoKingP said:

Many people cannot afford the monetary and/or emotional costs of legal pursuit in situations like this. Dismissing them wholesale really doesn't work in every situation.

Or they can't handle a public case laying out their entire sexual history, mental health and having their entire character torn apart in front of their loved ones and friends.

2 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

I have a much lower opinion of men and their desperation than you do.

It sounded like ordinary people to me!

like people are just assuming what madison has said is true without letting any investigations happen

2 minutes ago, RWxAshley said:

If I see one more comment like this I'm going to scream. Can people please read the thread before dropping a hot take that has been posted multiple times, and responded too already.

I'm sorry for your disconfort about that.

Unfortunately both claims are, at this time, responding to the truth: the timing is at least peculiar, and the tweet scroll provided only the Madison opinion about that, not any proof.

On one hand I don't want to dismiss a woman accusation as bulls*it.

On the other hand, I have no proof for LMG being the bad place Madison told. 

I was not there. So I cannot take any stance on this, I have no experience, direct or indirect knowledge. I'm trying to keep my mind open, some things don't match on both theories. And who knows if there will be a time for the naked truth about what happened between LMG and Madison.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

16 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

What would they sue her for…? She didn’t leak any confidential company information. She is freely speaking her mind on a subject matter. There is no legal recourse for LMG. 

When you utter a verbal statement that could harm the reputation of a person or organization, either intentionally or unintentionally, and the facts in said statement are false, that's slander. When you issue via a written medium statements that could harm the reputation of a person or organization, either intentionally or unintentionally, and the facts in said statements are false, that's defamation.

That's why things like Glassdoor exist. It offers protections to employees/former employees in the form of anonymity. Glassdoor doesn't know whether the info is true or not, it's just the messenger. Anyone using the service could claim that the defamation was not intentional. It makes it very difficult (though not impossible) for corporations to pursue a defamation suit. Usually any individual case is not widespread enough for it to be worthwhile for the corporation to do so.

This isn't the case for Madison, anymore. She's well known within the community, and has now made written posts about the situation. She may believe them to be true, because they very well could be true. But the only way for the factuality of her statements to be verified or dismissed are either via: a defamation suit in court; or, an out of court settlement with both parties confirming that said settlement has been reached, and the matter resolved.

Also, I don't think the timing is suspicious at all. Victims of he-said/she-said crimes such as rape, harassment, etc. generally don't come out until they see that someone else already had, especially when it's against a powerful corporate entity like LMG. Many voices make a choir, strike at your enemies when they are at their weakest, etc. Yes, it could be that she is trying to capitalize on the situation for clout and/or financial gain. But, it could also be that she felt alone and powerless, and if there was any time to have her grievances heard by her, that time is now.

3 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Yes, holy fucking shit. What the fuck indeed.

But I'm gonna just say it, something is seriously off here.

Let me comment on a few things, starting with the image in this post.

These claims are absolutely crazy. Could they be true? I mean I guess, but are we really expected to believe it? The claims she has made here and in other messages, makes LMG extremely liable, and with how cancel culture ran crazy, she would have massively hurt the company if she had opened her mouth. Not to mention other women work there, and I cannot believe they would be ok with this happening. Also the timing of this seems to be more vengeful then anything.

She stated her mental health was bad, I can understand that, but is she blaming LMG of that?

She made many claims about responses to her work, who made them? Did she address these claims, what is the context?

She said she has been inappropriately grabbed, grabbed how? When I hear this, my mind would go to breasts or ass, but was that the case? If so, wouldn't she mention that?

Why would LMG fear her or others starting for themselves? It's not that easy to do that, and that doesn't mean they worry about them other. Obviously they wouldn't want to lose good people, but that's not the same.

She said she received death threats, why didn't she go to the police? Why is this the first time hearing? Also generally the community loved her, so that seems off.

You might be thinking: "why would she make this all up"

Well I've been working in mental health for 15 years, just in the past year, myself and my colleagues wore excuses many times of pedophilia (she is 16), inappropiate touching, verbal violence, verbally sexual comments, threatened with knives, chairs, pieces of broken glass, and many threats of her going to the police against us. Oh and she livestreamed our talks with her to social media, and made countless other videos complaining about us.

If you think no one is this crazy and isn't locked up, then you have no clue. All of her messages scream that she has serious issues. I don't know if any of it is true, maybe someone did call her work dogshit, after she went apeshit on them, and they got fed up.

But trust me, this has crazy written all over it.

And people going through depression their perception also tends to change significantly. Things people normally would just shrug off are hyper-analysed and framed in a negative context.

Basically, this conversation is one for legal and mental health professionals, not for an online discussion.

7 minutes ago, GitGudDandy said:

The responses of some of the members in this thread, even post moderation is frankly disgusting.

This is why people don't want to come forward about SA.

Where is the Sexual Assault in all this? All I see is that someone grabbed her and she doesn't even state what part of her body. 

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

6 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

So please don't try to measure the validity of her claims by the temporal dependency to another controversy.

I'm not.

1 hour ago, Kresnik-02 said:

The only way to tackle this is by suing her. Not because of being true or false, but, because the only other counter claim is suing and making the person prove their word.

I'll take you one further.

Linus should sue his audience.

That's the only way to get everything out in the open!

It's better for everyone, we'll all thank him!

Just now, k0enf0rNL said:

Where is the Sexual Assault in all this? All I see is that someone grabbed her and she doesn't even state what part of her body. 

If someone grabs you inappropriately, it's harassment or assault.

Either way, inappropriate is inappropriate.