Nintendo - patent infringement, yet again

GoodBytes

A Dutch technology company Koninklijke Philips is bringing Nintendo to court for 2 claimed patent infringement.

According to documents, it is for Nintendo Wii's (and WiiU) motion control tracking, and for wireless devices that can be remotely controlled by a second device.

wii-u-console-next-to-gamepad.0_cinema_6

The company states that the following devices/accessories are in violation: Nintendo's Wii, Wii Remote and Wii Remote Plus controllers, Nunchuk, Balance Board, Wii U console, Wii U GamePad, Wii Mini and Wii MotionPlus technology.

The company is also claiming that Nintendo knew this beforehand and decided to infringe it regardless.

Polygon:

According to court documents, Philips states that Nintendo's technology infringes on Philips' own research into interactive systems using remote motion control and detection to operate a device. Philips' suit against Nintendo includes two patents — one for motion control, and another for wireless devices that can be remotely controlled by a second device.

The suit also specifically states that Nintendo's Wii, Wii Remote and Wii Remote Plus controllers, Nunchuk, Balance Board, Wii U console, Wii U GamePad, Wii Mini and Wii MotionPlus technology are all in violation. The second infringement claim is leveled at the Wii U and GamePad console ecosystem. Furthermore, Philips' suit states Nintendo had "actual knowledge" of the first patent and proceeded with their technology anyway, choosing not to license from Philips.

Philips is calling for trial by jury on all its presented claims and is asking for a ban on the manufacturing and sale of the Wii U and subsequent Nintendo hardware with similar technology as a result.

Image source: http://wiiudaily.com/2014/02/wii-u-powerful-semiconductor/

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/15/5719968/nintendo-philips-patent-infringement-dispute

I love how everyone goes after Nintendo. They're a very successful company. The dutch companies Patents are far to loose. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Blah blah blah bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan..

That's all this company is doing. How old is the Wii now...? Not even including the remote and other things. I'm all for legit patent infringing being a bad issue, but to wait this late..that company seems starving for cash like a blood thirsty leech.

Apple should join in because some devices have rounded corners.  The nerve of these people....

if those are legit patents, why didn't they do it when the wii launch, this trolls are becoming a bigger stone in the shoe everyday -__-

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

LOL really? How long has the Nintendo Wii/WiiU's been out and it took this long for someone to claim a patent infringement against them. Yeah Get the hell out of here you damn patent trolls, you are just grasping at strews and it pathetic.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Seriously? The Wii is nearly 10 years old now

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Leave Nintendo alone!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I can't believe this. Pretty sure they should have brought this to the courts attention when the Wii was built?

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Nintendo does not need to loose any more money....    (Cries about no Pokemon WI FI for DS ever again.)