Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

The only thing that I can say is that Linus got shitted on during these couple of days, and I am not aware of anything, yet. I do not like the fact that reddit is reopening topics from 6 years ago just to fuck with him, I love the fact that this forum is kind of with Linus on this one.

We shall wait and see the Wan Show. It will be epic, like no other. 

I saw someone saying that if Steve (Gamers Nexus) wanted to help Linus, he would have done it in a more private matter, well I would agree, but not fully. Linus already dropped the video, so I think Steve's video going out will at least stop the spread of misinformation, and I do not really know what video it is they are talking about anyway, so I cannot really judge. 

I hope everyone stays well. This crap is getting out of hand.

Gone to watch the videos and come back.

8 minutes ago, Fufia said:

now says the same of people trying to divert attention from the real problems pushing the argument of what are the GN intentions. as if this had anything to do with the subject or changes anything.

maybe then i can take you seriously

so you believe that GN had good intentions

52 minutes ago, SuperGnu said:

All my mouses the last 10 years have had protective film on the underside. But i do not buy 5 dollar mouses either.

Maybe you should stop buying from AliExpress😎

1 minute ago, andreimj said:

Maybe you should stop buying from AliExpress😎

Logitech is AliExpress now?

9 minutes ago, dragonuck76 said:

so you believe that GN had good intentions

GNs view counts were stable going down... shame on those, who would think something "bad"/other intentions about his Video.🤭

b0a.png.0cb51994b8e70310469f18f6a529b2ab.png

2 minutes ago, SuperGnu said:

Logitech has a film allover the back. That pwnage mouse had protective film ONLY on the pads

@dragonuck76 Personally, I could not care less about their intentions. From a legal, ethical and moral standpoints, it doesn't change the fact that they presented facts backed up by evidence. They basically compiled LMG's wrong doings. Except for the Billet Labs private email exchanges, everything else was gathered from the public videos, events and information that LMG produced. GN's credibility should not be in questions here, regardless of their intentions, as long as they stick to facts backed up by evidence. By all means, LTT has all the necessary resources to start and investigation of their own an look for skeletons in GN's closet. If that's what it takes (for some) to make things right again.

6 minutes ago, andreimj said:

Logitech has a film allover the back. That pwnage mouse had protective film ONLY on the pads

And if a mouse don't glide properly that is the first thing you look at and then you look at the mouse mat to see if there is anything wrong there.

Just now, SuperGnu said:

And if a mouse don't glide properly that is the first thing you look at and then you look at the mouse mat to see if there is anything wrong there.

LTT responded that at the time at the filming there wasn't anything on the back of the mouse. Pwnage said that it has less friction than MOST gaming moses, not that it airglides over any surface. You just watched GN but didn't care to check the full picture. Is it a thing that every bad review was fake? I'm really trying to understand your mentality. I may not agree with people like you, but I would still like to understand what is in your mind when cherry picking

15 minutes ago, SuperGnu said:

Nah, Aliexpress has better customer support.

11 minutes ago, Alex T88 said:

By all means, LTT has all the necessary resources to start and investigation of their own an look for skeletons in GN's closet. If that's what it takes (for some) to make things right again.

Yes, because the community is so well served if folks start making what amounts to political attack ads against each other.

Just now, ImorallySourcedElectrons said:

Nah, Aliexpress has better customer support.

Good one. I would not know as i never had to deal with it.

Drama aside, I really liked how well Linus and the team took this. Ultimately they didn't point fingers at anyone nor acted too big or too important and immediately went to work to amend their mistakes and be better. They could've continued like nothing happened and after a few "dislike waves" everything would be alright on YT. I like that they didn't pick that easy route.

2 minutes ago, andreimj said:

LTT responded that at the time at the filming there wasn't anything on the back of the mouse. Pwnage said that it has less friction than MOST gaming moses, not that it airglides over any surface. You just watched GN but didn't care to check the full picture. Is it a thing that every bad review was fake? I'm really trying to understand your mentality. I may not agree with people like you, but I would still like to understand what is in your mind when cherry picking

My response was to that mouses do not have protection.

I just saw a post about this in a Chinese social media...... Its really gone viral......

Just out of curiosity and since I don't have the time to read through all of reddit, we're currently looking at:

a) Linus screwed up the review of Billet Labs cooler, including massive mismanagement of inventory, more or less losing their 3090ti, and then selling of their bespoke "prototype" water cooler.

b) Madison bringing up allegations against LMG as an employer, both in a specific way (regarding the occasions and what was happening) but being unspecific about the persons, places, and times.

and of course

c) GN holding the moral high ground over LMG for not living up to their claims regarding tests. And of course, screwing up a "startup" by doing a).

That it?

I'm just trying to find out if there is anything substantial in this, justifying the outrage on social media platforms and this actually hitting tech news even in Europe. I'm not sure I grasp the extent of the shitstorm compared to the damage done. Maybe I don't grasp the level of emotional damage out there, just not getting it.

To my understanding, Billet Labs is a two-man show, creating bespoke solutions for water cooling. The actual damage done to them, besides cost of labor and material, is hard to quantify, because they would have to disclose their actual revenue. Which might not be in their best interest right now; riding the social media attention wave would probably get them more bang-for-the-buck than claiming whatever they're claiming.

And Madison's claims are exactly that: claims. By today's standards: old claims.

So... I'm really struggling to align the extent and the scope of the incident on a rational level to the extent and scope of the shitstorm.

Please, enlighten me.

5 minutes ago, andreimj said:

I use a Glourous Model O wireless mouse and it had peels on the skates, but they were very clearly labeled. 

14 hours ago, starsmine said:

image.thumb.png.e223546b70ed9560ff74087c3ab30500.png

The first four questions are relevant for this thread.

I would like to see the written part of the first answer. Because it seems they have two very different positions on that one.

2 minutes ago, SuperGnu said:

Yes! Mouses don't have protective film ONLY on the pads. And if they do they instruct users to take it off and not in the user manual in small letters. And even if, the magnesium mouse didn't have any protective film at the time of the filming.

3 minutes ago, Loopers said:

I use a Glourous Model O wireless mouse and it had peels on the skates, but they were very clearly labeled. 

I can agree it looks cool, but I could never use a grated mouse with all the liquid spilling that I'm doing from time to time 😂

22 minutes ago, Black__Jack said:

GNs view counts were stable going down... shame on those, who would think something "bad" about his Video.🤭

Reveal hidden contents

b0a.png.0cb51994b8e70310469f18f6a529b2ab.png

I do not fully agree.  The manner in which it was put together was not just about pointing out mistakes, but personel attacks.  Dont take away that he is right LMG need to fix things.  That is it.   For ME GN has done this many times with his videos, and that is bad.  His video where he would not meet Newegg with out video, for me was idea, but the manner was with ill intent

2 minutes ago, andreimj said:

Yes! Mouses don't have protective film ONLY on the pads. And if they do they instruct users to take it off and not in the user manual in small letters. And even if, the magnesium mouse didn't have any protective film at the time of the filming.

My mouses have had exactly that. So yes they do.

9 minutes ago, SuperGnu said:

Incorrect .   Mouse prophylactics now on sale, lttstore.com

13 minutes ago, ImorallySourcedElectrons said:

Yes, because the community is so well served if folks start making what amounts to political attack ads against each other.

You took my statement out of the context. Of course I do not condone that. That's why I've specifically written: "If that's what it takes (for some) to make things right again." (I should have put "right" in inverted commas, that was my mistake). And yes, I am willing to bet whatever you'd like, that if LTT would produce even a baseless accusation against GN, with a tabloid like feel to it, that would turn the tides. Even in this tiny fraction of the massive community behind LTT, there are still die hard fans, who are willing to ignore the facts that ultimately LMG produced and GN exposed. It's as simple as that.