Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

1 minute ago, harls said:

What you are saying is possible.  It is also possible that Linus met with Tehran and they had agreed that they would compensate Billet for the prototype and would need to negotiate the price with them.    Had steve followed up instead of having a predetermined conclusion as he said in his video the narrative may be very different.  Or it may be the same.  

Tell me you haven't watched the GN response video (to Linus' comment in this thread) without telling me you haven't watched the video.

Linus said this:

AND the fact that while we haven't sent payment yet, we have already agreed to compensate Billet Labs for the cost of their prototype).

In turn, Gamers Nexus asked Billet:

[Linus' comment] doesn't expressly say it, but it seems to imply that this agreement was made previously?

Billet back to GN:

No, absolutely not. No, no, no. The only mention of any moneyto do with the prototype was our response to them [after they said] they'd auctioned it, and we basically said, you know, that was a $[REDACTED] prototype."I said: 'do you plan to reimburse us for this?'

And we heard nothing. We didn't get a response until your video."

Linus/LMG only offered to reimburse for the prototype was only made AFTER Steve published the video criticizing LMG shortly BEFORE Linus' forum post here. And as of the time Linus posted in this thread, Billet had not agreed to accept that offer or responded to Linus' email.

Linus' response twisted words towards his end to deceive the community, which robs his response of any real value because it was not made in good faith.

I cannot understand why... Mr Sebastian can call out... quite loud TeamViewer gmbh and the commercial interface for bad practice....

But he cannot be called out when his (and his wife) company do things... less than desiderably good.

And wish "special treatment" from a smaller reality...  I mean. Was what reported from the video all made up? Or only the criticism to LMG and Creator Warehouse commendable for "special treatment"?

Mr Sebastian... I'm awaiting an "apologies + what can the company do better" from CEO and CVO.

Soon.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

4 minutes ago, WillHeard said:

If you feel angry or upset after watching the GN update, you need to look in the mirror and identify whether you are having an emotional response or a logical one.

It is a fact to say that Linus completely failed to respond to many of the core components of the original video.

Linus deflection of that reality by using emotional, ad hominem arguments is beneath him. It's not acceptable. cancel your floatplane, I already did.

Linus did not respond to many of the complaints.  Steve did a hit job without journalistic integrity.  LMG had made some huge mistakes they need addressed.  These things are all true. 

22 minutes ago, LostInferno said:

Make these statements on the WAN show. I want LTT Labs to be successful and I want LTT to make quality reviews until Labs is a well-oiled machine. Posting mistakes on video is okay as long as they can post apologies on video as well. Why do I need to find the LTT forum to know Linus and LTT are taking these mistakes seriously?

Repeating to your audience how dedicated you are to producing quality content shouldn't be tiring, but exciting to prove the haters wrong. What do you think? 

Uhhhhh go back to those points and watch gamer's nexus's newest video....Linus straight up LIED about compensating Billet, he didn't even try to contact them about payment for the prototype they auctioned/sold off until after the first GN video went live. He lied to you/me and everyone else about it. Everything else he said in that post can be taken in the same light as far as I am concerned.

19 hours ago, LinusTech said:

AND the fact that while we haven't sent payment yet, we have already agreed to compensate Billet Labs for the cost of their prototype)

Don't get fooled people, Gamer's Nexus claimed that there was no talk about compensation until minutes before Linus posted that comment. (Time stamp 3:59)

Billet Labs said LMG ghosted them when they asked for reimbursement, and they only saw the email from Linus only after GN released that video...

I think people who are focused on whether Steve gave Linus a chance to respond are treating this like some sort of fan-boy parasocial media relationship fantasy.

You're not friends with these people.

Their personalities and intrigues don't matter.

Your fan fictions about whether you like them don't matter.

It matters to LMG's employees if they're being pushed to make videos too fast and low quality.  

It matters to LGM's future if people can trust that their videos will be accurate or not.  And it matters if companies can trust LMG not to just trash their businesses because Linus isn't getting enough sleep.

2 minutes ago, VisibleXela said:

I'm glad they posted the video and LMG should be criticized for all the wrongdoing, but let's not be naive. Gamers Nexus surely stands to benefit from this, even with monetization off.

and so he should, it was a good video that deserves appreciation for his no bullshit attitude.

19 hours ago, Jazmodo said:

It's the undertones & snide comments, it's unnecessary. I've watch a lot of GN. This isn't an isolated incident, nor just with LTT. It just happens to be the most egregious example. 

Yes, GN have done some great investigative work, but that doesn't justify the crusader attitude. I enjoy GN when it's extreme OC & in-depth case testing, or similar. This garbage, less so. 

You mean the garbage where he points out the garbage being created by another company getting a lot of info wrong? 

1 minute ago, AlienALX said:

google is your friend. As I pointed out, I am not here with my character based sniper rifle.

So I should just hope that google give me the same thing you saw and are quoting as "I remember someone once said"?  really?  

sorry for asking for a source beyond "random thread contributor remembers thing maybe"

Just now, wanderingfool2 said:

if GN had approached Linus before Linus could have easily done what he currently did and essentially "made it right" before the GN video got released...at which point it's a lot harder to show that Linus only did it because he knew the storm was coming.

Or, if LMG was trying to be particularly shrewd, they could have told Steve they were "working on it" only to quietly let the firestorm die down without a dime leaving the company coffers. Or maybe it was a bargaining tactic - after all, there's no pressure to pay back what the thing was actually worth if there's no public stink, right? Maybe they could have gotten away with only paying half or a third of what they agreed to after the stink.

There's plenty of shady reasons Linus would rather Steve reach out in private, think outside the box. 🙂

6 minutes ago, ClassicCustoms said:

Steve saying "we didn't have to reach out" raises the question of "Yeah, but why didn't you?" Like it's an answer, but kind of a weird one in my opinion. Still, the fact that Linus didn't reach out to Billet until AFTER the GN video went up yesterday

The last sentence you mentioned is a big reason why you don't always contact the person you are about to run the piece on.

Linus essentially tried using the "trust me bro" approach in his response, and has essentially proven that LMG should not be trusted.  Like what Steve said in his video, that if there is a clear systemic issue at the company there isn't much point to contact.  In fact, it leads to things like what Linus did; where LMG might try acting quickly to try essentially changing the narrative and undermine the GN video. 

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

27 minutes ago, Glorthiar said:

Overnight this went from being a fair criticism of an industry peer to an obvious assassination piece.

LMG sure fucked up plenty and I am thoroughly disappointed, by GN reaction to the reaction is just completely and utterly pathetic shit pot stirring.

Unprofessional, hypocritical, drama baiting

Soo.. reporting a follow up regarding what sounds like a lie based on their(GN) research is utterly pathetic shit pot stirring ?

If so... what do you call not saying anything about it ?

If Linus' response was good, pretty sure the follow up video would be him (Steve) telling people that the reply seems promising.

I mean, quite a bunch of companies got bashed by GN for craps they did, and depending on the said company response, GN's follow up can either be highlighting the good response or bashing it further for the poor response.

Gigabyte, NZXT, Fractal, Artesian-effing-Build (The Noah Katz side of Artesian Builds ofc), what else ?

13 minutes ago, VisibleXela said:

I'm glad they posted the video and LMG should be criticized for all the wrongdoing, but let's not be naive. Gamers Nexus surely stands to benefit from this, even with monetization off. They're up 30k subscribers since this whole thing started. image.png.67368f1621374cd38eca62316752f123.png

Well, Honestly, I am glad they did.
Always thought they could use some boost. But then again, most people prefer entertaining vids instead of a jumble of datas and charts.
Because at the very least now I know He (Steve GN) meant it when he said he'd be treating LMG like any other corporation out there.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Just now, JoshuaScholar said:

I think people who are focused on whether Steve gave Linus a chance to respond are treating this like some sort of fan-boy parasocial media relationship fantasy.

You're not friends with these people.

Their personalities and intrigues don't matter.

Your fan fictions about whether you like them don't matter.

It matters to LMG's employees if they're being pushed to make videos too fast and low quality.  

It matters to LGM's future if people can trust that their videos will be accurate or not.  And it matters if companies can trust LMG not to just trash their businesses because Linus isn't getting enough sleep.

Exactly. This is business, not personal. Linus tried to keep it personal, where I would imagine he would have swept it under the rug and we would have been none the wiser.

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

Just now, coopa said:

Tell me you haven't watched the GN response video (to Linus' comment in this thread) without telling me you haven't watched the video.

Linus said this:

Billet back to GN:

Linus/LMG only offered to reimburse for the prototype was only made AFTER Steve published the video criticizing LMG shortly BEFORE Linus' forum post here. And as of the time Linus posted in this thread, Billet had not agreed to accept that offer or responded to Linus' email.

Linus' response twisted words towards his end to deceive the community, which robs his response of any real value because it was not made in good faith.

1 minute ago, coopa said:

Linus said this:

Billet back to GN:

Nowhere did he specify who WE are.  We could mean LMG internally had agreed to compensate Billet for their screw up.   They also may have been trying to spin things to make them look better.  Steve chose not to be a journalist and bash LMG.  LMG may need bashing in this instance,  but we do not know the facts.  It would help if someone impartial investigated. 

43 minutes ago, phje said:

And so, there it is. This WAS for drama and an attempt to hurt a competitor. Most of the criticisms Steve presents in the original video are valid, actually, probably all of them. Steve SHOULD have reached out to LMG for comment on the Billet Labs situation. They reported on it with half the story (the half that fit their narrative) Even IF LMG would have tried to spin the narrative back towards showing them in a good light. This is how it works, you let the audience decide, poor reporting.

Why did he have to reach out when LTT/Linus has already offered their opinion on every matter? You don't need to reach out to report on facts which are well documented.

48 minutes ago, zeroality said:

So Compensating for the prototype is a lie from LMG. Proof from Billet themselves: 

Yeah I'm done with LMG wondering if I can return my backpack and my 3d down jacket 

Why would a store refund your previous purchases for that reason? LMAO

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Just now, Thepyrodex said:

So I should just hope that google give me the same thing you saw and are quoting as "I remember someone once said"?  really?  

sorry for asking for a source beyond "random thread contributor remembers thing maybe"

Look, I will help you here.

Search Google for - linus sebastian employees.

You should see a few things pop up. I am not stupid enough to get myself involved in defamation lawsuits. Though do know, what you find may or may not be truthful, but you should read/watch it and be informed. 

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

5 minutes ago, ravagetalon said:

The hell are you on about? Steve did not have to do a damn thing in this instance when reporting on another entity. Period. 

Especially when that entity was actively causing real damage with their misleading information and other actions potentially destroying an entire startup company.

The problem with Steves's response video was he didn't reach out for comment, fine.... but then creates a follow-up with commenting on his comment. I've found the hatred towards Steve weird around here, but his follow-up was running lmg's nose in the shit and felt it left a bad taste.

I think Linus is now seeing how corporate-size businesses are handled by public opinion. So much could be excused and brushed off, but this latest video from Steve is fanning the flames right now.

4 minutes ago, japers said:

Youre completely insane. You think that "Any journalist" knows that its not a fundamental pillar of journalism when the industry ethics guidelines for professional journalists clearly states that it is

You need to help yourself by keeping your mouth shut about things you clearly don't have the capacity, will or capability to understand. Buddy. You seem to think you know better than the Society of Professional Journalists about what their own ethics guidelines are.

Again, try reading that page in it's entirety and grasp the full message instead of picking quotes. But since this argument is becoming circular I'll let you get the last word in. Just try being a little less lazy next time you research since you're a totally legit journalist, yeah?

You have the agency to make this right Linus. It will not be overnight or easy, but its possible. It starts with you taking a lot of responsibility and admitting how horrific your handling of this has been.

☮️

I7-13700k |MSI Z790 Carbon |Gigabyte RX 6800 XT |32GB DDR5 6000 Crucial |1TB M.2 Crucial |Fractal North |Deepcool AK400 |Seasonic Prime GX 850w

Youtube Sub since Febuary 2017

9 minutes ago, WillHeard said:

If you feel angry or upset after watching the GN update, you need to look in the mirror and identify whether you are having an emotional response or a logical one.

It is a fact to say that Linus completely failed to respond to many of the core components of the original video.

Linus deflection of that reality by using emotional, ad hominem arguments is beneath him. It's not acceptable. cancel your floatplane, I already did.

This. You'd expect it from a high schooler being criticized, not from a person smart enough to build a major company worth tens of millions of dollars.

now we are here with EposVox saying on Twitter that he  isn't involved in this but he is IMO as he got himself involved with his comment under their newest video of the Fifine mic since the comment he made added enough to the whole debateimage.png

11 minutes ago, aidenbliss789 said:

i think luke has tried in the past on the Wan show to point it out to him but it feels like Linus doesn't listen 

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

If Luke, who is one of Linus's oldest employees and a long-time friend, can't get through to him, then nobody can. 

in response to you two... I think Luke have given up a while ago... he has tried SO many times... to no avail... it is sad... they are BEST FRIENDS and he won't listen to his best friend when he is off the rails...

he needed this backhanded slap to wake up... he lied yesterday... lets hope he wakes up TODAY... else I got a feeling it might end like some other streaming company that built PC's that ripped off another streamer/viewer for a price they rightfully won... If Terren doesn't pull up the reigns here and speak with BIG F'ING WORDS to Linus then it can ruin everything...

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

Because at the very least now I know He (Steve GN) meant it when he said he'd be treating LMG like any other corporation out there.

you wouldn't see many NZXT fanboys hating on GN for exposing their flammable cases or ASUS fanboys defending their warranty scandal