Looking for a keyboard to go

aisle9

I'm about to move cross-country. As such, I'd rather have my wonderful Glorious PCMR full-size wired keyboard packed than taking up a bunch of space by coming along with me. Here's my wishlist:

• 75% or TKL layout. I'm very open to trying 60% because of how compact it is and how right the price tends to get at that size, but I'm a little scared of losing basic things like Fn and volume control keys.
  • Wireless: Bluetooth preferred but USB works too. Multi-device is a plus. If I can avoid carrying the Logitech full-size membrane keyboard I use for work along too, that'd be nice.
    • Adding a caveat here: if it's wired but the wire is fully detachable from the keyboard, I could live with that
  • Backlit. Almost certainly non-negotiable, but I don't need full crazy RGB.
  • Mechanical switches that at least feel like Gateron browns or Cherry browns/reds. I think I could actually get Gateron browns at this price point, but I see a lot more of proprietary switch boards, which typically means stuff on par with Outemu
  • I'm not too brand loyal. The main drivers are price, size, switches and how shit the customer service is if the delete key stops registering in 3 months.
  • Price...I dunno, $50? It's tax-free weekend in FL, so that buys me a little flexibility. Basically, I don't want a $12 Chinese 60% membrane turd, but I don't need a $120 board with a "solve the world's problems" hotkey for a few months while my Glorious is in a box.

Some of the stuff I've found:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z7J4KV3  (Good deal for a Logitech mechanical)

https://www.amazon.com/IROK-Mechanical-Swappable-Customizable-Bluetooth/dp/B0BLSDWX7G  (I actually really like this one, and it looks like it comes with proprietary reds)

https://www.amazon.com/Keychron-Mechanical-Keyboard-Double-Shot-Keycaps/dp/B09YNR1SXJ/  (Ok, I lied, I'd spend up just a tiny bit for a Keychron with Gateron browns. Yes, it's designed for Mac, but it works with a Windows layout and has Windows keycaps in the box, so 100% not an issue. Actually kind of a dangerous plus that would allow me to reopen my obsession with old Macs)

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I have an RK84 which should come around that and is cheaper on chinese retailers like aliexpress. It's wireless, both 2.4ghz and bluetooth, also works wired, has RGB and has half decent software to adjust it, plus you can adjust it on the keyboard, hotswap and mine came with plate foam as well. It's a pretty solid keyboard overall that I've been using for a while. Plus down the line you can upgrade it, be it with a nicer set of keycaps, maybe some gateron yellow, or holy pandas if you prefer tactiles. The keyboard is solidly built, there's hardly anything I have against it. I've installed some gateron milky yellow in mine and it sounds and feels really nice.

Oh and it also has little USB hub if you're going wired, a removeable bezel and is 5 pin hot swap with north facing LED's so switch compatbility shouldn't be a problem like with certain hotswap boards that use 3 pin outemu style ones. And it's compact since it's a 75% but all the keys are together instead of spread apart.