I Bought Ten of the WEIRDEST Phones EVER

Plouffe

Things sure have come a long way since the first mobile phone was invented, and there have been plenty of duds or experiments along the trail to where we are today. So of course, we had to buy them and take a look for ourselves.

I wonder about that Xperia Play, did they forget that they needed to mount the SD card? I recall having to turn my phone off for this back in the day~

To be fair, this partly highlights why Nokia kind of stopped making phones.

They simply were going a bit too hard on being different, a bit too high on their own prior success to be fair.

And yes, it is a bit odd that Sony haven't gone for a second attempt at a controller centric phone once more. Like at the time phone gaming weren't really all that established as it is today. And looking at other handhelds on the market it does seem like they have some low hanging fruit at their fingertips. Especially now that people have changed their opinion about phone size, back then a 5 inch phone were big, now it is absolutely tiny...

39 minutes ago, Nystemy said:

To be fair, this partly highlights why Nokia kind of stopped making phones.

They simply were going a bit too hard on being different, a bit too high on their own prior success to be fair.

nokia had plenty of offerings for "normal" phones too. they just made LOTS of phones, and had the odd weird one in the bunch.

something like half of my family rocked a nokia phone with full keypad for YEARS before the smartphone eventually came to be. in fact, my sister only has one smartphone between her nokia full keyboard lime green thing, and a 'nokia' (HMD global) smartphone.

--

on the topic of the video...

i kinda find it funny how most of those displays are available as cheap devkit modules for arduino/esp32/raspberry.

i have the 7280 , the 8110 and the playstation phone still .. the 8110 never had the auto slide feature shown in the movies , but the model after it , the 7110 does .. the N-Gage should have been been in the video ..and the siemens sx-1 .. 

I wish you had uploaded some of the photos so we could see what the cameras were like.

7 hours ago, CoinDemon said:

I wish you had uploaded some of the photos so we could see what the cameras were like.

Terrible.

nokia makes phones again

PSP Go (PSP-N1000) was salvage a lot of tech from the phone version

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

15 hours ago, shiningfates said:

Are you aware there is black face at 6.12?

I don't think they are. Surely they would have corrected it by now. Crazy it got through QC.

6 hours ago, mirrorofjim said:

I don't think they are. Surely they would have corrected it by now. Crazy it got through QC.

its a cgi face on all the characters.

back in the day. it was very costly to do that.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I know that, but it is amazing that LTT didn't catch it. I am aware LTT did not film it, they also don't employ Joel Moore. However they did take that clip and put it in their video.

41 minutes ago, mirrorofjim said:

I know that, but it is amazing that LTT didn't catch it. I am aware LTT did not film it, they also don't employ Joel Moore. However they did take that clip and put it in their video.

i dont see a issue here. seeing no real actor face was used. it was a angle cgi face. used for different cgi faces. vfx /gam dev do the trick all the time for back ground walking past main character  etc all the time.

fyi you need a real person to claim black face issue.

none where used for the cgi face.

also could have shown this the N-90 .. rotating screen like n-93 ..and a rotating camera module behind , and a secondary display ..(picture from wikipedia)

Spoiler

Nokia_N90_Camera_flickr_178946625.thumb.jpg.8a0d136dfca16d496cd27f308930cb1d.jpg

Edited by Rarity
edit to input image source

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder what else they bought with the LG Wing. Surely there are odder phones for a bargain right now.