Bykski make Chinese PC diyers angry this month

GGGMan

I'm a Chinese PC diyer followed LTT for years, this month there was a big show between AIOs and customer water coolings in Chinese PC internet and I'm curious about your opinions.

The new brand Valkyrie grows up quickly in Chinese cooling market and they entrusted one Bilibili uper “老弟一号” (like youtubers) to make a test for comparing their new 420/480 AIOs with some traditional customer water coolings in the pic,

1.thumb.PNG.2a1b49ee03a41294a89d6882eb4a23da.PNG

and you may be wondering who the handsome is in the middle, so the most interesting thing comes up, the mid one, Bykski threatened to prosecute this uper after the original version of this video got focused because the Bykski think he has no relevant authentication ( nobody knows what it is ) to buy and test their products. After people's critical comments Bykski insisted on testing it again and last week after above 12 hours testing and the test proved the defeat of Bykski, things would be fine if Bykski gave this uper one public apology( as Bykski promised before the second test), but Bykski refuse to keep their promises and deny it,  they insisted that they would withdrew their lawsuit only if the uper "老弟一号" takes down the test videos and make sure the result wouldn't get focused any more.

Also the reason why people are so angry about Bykski now is LTT used to test their products and Bykski make an apology and some promises immediately.

Here is the record by "老弟一号": https://www.bilibili.com/opus/823623123627671621?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0

In fact, there is another storm about PSU, many Chinese diyers build their PCs during 6.18( like black Friday ) and they bought 7900xtx with 850w psu like AMD suggested, but some of they find their PCs always shutdown during gaming time.So people send their psu to one Bilibili uper who always tries to break PSU anxiety (for some people commit to advice diyers to bought 850/1000w even more in Chinese internet this years) for testing with 7900xtx, and large of 850w psu can't through it. It makes Chinese diyers believe manufacturers are cheating consumers on their psu configuration although the test method is kind of extreme which is continuous opening and turning off the furmark gpu stress test with ADIE64 FPU stress test on. If anyone are curious about it, I'd like to offer more information about it.

Hello. I understand that English is not your first language, but this is bit hard to read. We are talking about brands, creators and products that are very specific for Chinese markets (maybe only as I've not heard of these brands/manufacturers). So from what I understand there's some kind of "Nvidia vs creators" thing going on. With company Bykski? But also company called "Valkyrie" competing with them. And both of them seem to be dealing with some shady practises. With one going after content creators for unfavorable reviews and the other just buying ad-space essentially (Dyson vacuum -style).

The rest is too confusing to understand. But you mention that LTT has covered Bykski at some point? Is this Bilibili exclusive video or would it be found on our side of the internet too?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Hello. I understand that English is not your first language, but this is bit hard to read. We are talking about brands, creators and products that are very specific for Chinese markets (maybe only as I've not heard of these brands/manufacturers). So from what I understand there's some kind of "Nvidia vs creators" thing going on. With company Bykski? But also company called "Valkyrie" competing with them. And both of them seem to be dealing with some shady practises. With one going after content creators for unfavorable reviews and the other just buying ad-space essentially (Dyson vacuum -style).

The rest is too confusing to understand. But you mention that LTT has covered Bykski at some point? Is this Bilibili exclusive video or would it be found on our side of the internet too?

Hi, I find it on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVlvu8BoNU

I try to make it short, the Bykski makes Chinese diyers angry because:

1. The Bykski would sue a video creator becase it think people has no rights to buy their products for testing and comparing with other competing products.
  2. The Bykski make an apology to users and said their products would be improved after the LTT critical comments, but it accuses the video creator of ulterior motives after the almost same poor performance in the AIO vs Customer water coolings.
  3. After the second test as the Bykski required, it still refuse to make an apology and deny their promise.

I'll try and summarize it and let me know if I'm making mistakes

• There's a Bilibili content creator who maintains a low profile
  • Valkyrie, a manufacturer, sent this creator its products for a review and the content creator pitted it against products by Bykski, a competitor.
  • The video started to gain a certain amount of popularity and Bykski raises objections to the review, citing the low profile of the content creator, lack of "authorization" (this makes little sense to me so if you can provide the verbatim in Chinese alongside an English translation, it would clear most doubt because you don't need authorization for reviewing a product available on the open market through legal channels) and threatened litigation
  • The above objections were made publicly, which made enthusiasts unhappy, which made Bykski change course and demanded the test suite be run again in exchange for an apology if the second run's results match the first run.
  • The second run took place, which reaffirmed the results of the first run, Bykski reneges on its promise and continues with threats of litigation unless the video in question is taken down
  • Chinese enthusiasts are unhappy because their reaction to critique from LTT was one of apology while their reaction to critique from a local content creator is to threaten them with litigation

Unrelated to the above events, there seems to be a different series of events:

• Chinese enthusiasts tend to make purchases during a Black Friday-like sale, many of them purchasing high wattage graphics cards and a power supply that seems, at face value to meet the requirements of these cards
  • These power supplies when used under high-stress workloads would shut down (implying that the power supply's abilities are misrepresented)
  • This has created a demand for independent testing of power supplies
  • That same Bilibili content creator has filled that demand

I have not verified nor can I affirm or attest to what's being said, I don't speak Chinese nor do I know the first thing about Chinese social media, so I'm not too familiar with content creators or business practices from there, this is what I've seemed to parse from the original message.

3 hours ago, GGGMan said:

Hi, I find it on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVlvu8BoNU

I try to make it short, the Bykski makes Chinese diyers angry because:

1. The Bykski would sue a video creator becase it think people has no rights to buy their products for testing and comparing with other competing products.
  2. The Bykski make an apology to users and said their products would be improved after the LTT critical comments, but it accuses the video creator of ulterior motives after the almost same poor performance in the AIO vs Customer water coolings.
  3. After the second test as the Bykski required, it still refuse to make an apology and deny their promise.

Ah yes, that thing.

Overall, this comes down to different culture. Without going to specifics. Though as we have seen, same thing happens in here. Company doesn't like review, company will bully and taunt small creators. Or if they think they are better than markets, taunt the bigger names too.

Really nothing can be done. Other than voting with wallets. Which will not happen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Because of an exam about water cooling, LaoDiYiHao,bilibili content creator,maybe prosecuted

After a live retest and third-party conciliation, custom loop water Cooling brand Bykski still refuse to apologize for the controversial measure and hint at launching a goodwill lawsuit against the bilibili content creator Laodiyihao if the matter is not handled cold.

July 2, bilibili content creator Laodiyihao posted a video : <All-In-One liquid CPU cooler vs. Custom Loop Water Cooling ,fatal due ! 6 Cpu Water Blocks vs. high-end All-In-One liquid CPU cooler! > (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1pa4y1w7gb) (This video is sponsored by All-In-One liquid CPU cooler manufacturer Vk Valkyrie, but both the manufacturer and content creator claimt that is not a advertisement.)

In this video, LaoDiYiHao was invited by VK to conduct a comparison test of their highly confident All-In-One liquid CPU cooler against six Cpu Water Blocks from different brands.

Surprisingly, VK's All-In-One liquid CPU cooler breaks the long-term impression that custom loop water cooling has better cooling ability than all-in-one liquid CPU cooler, and has a stronger performance in some of the testing items. The Cpu Water Blocks selected for comparison in this test are XPX, XPX PRO, Bykski, EK Velocity, AQ 925 Silver, and Hummer.

On July 8th, custom loop water Cooling brand Bykski filed an infringement complaint with the video platform and sent a legal letter to LaoDiYiHao, claiming that LaoDiYiHao does not have a public testing qualification, and that the testing of its cpu water blocks in the video fabricated facts, falsified and verified to mislead the consumers, and created a great negative impression of its company's image.

'After our actual test, the actual test temperature of our product 'CPU-XPR-C-I' Cpu Water Blocks with CPU 253W power consumption is 78 degrees, which is very different from the false data released by the content creator.' custom loop water cooling brand Bykski declared so in the complaint letter.

However, some B-site users have pointed out that Bykski isn't always so tough, and in the comments section of the video <[Official Bilingual] Haven't tried such a crappy product in years - Bykski external radiator #linustalkingtechnology>" (www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Mc411n7tc), which was translated and released by Glow subtitle group with LTT license . Bykski thanked LTT for the criticism and promised to improve and upgrade this product. Such obvious double standard behavior caused great controversy.

On the same day, Bykski posted a test video, <Bykski CPU-XPR-C-I CPU Water Block Performance Test > (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1oh4y177k), began the video by pointing out that LaoDiYiHao incorrectly installed the CPU Water Block deflector, which would have degraded the cooling performance, and argued that LaoDiYiHao testing of the CPU Water Block with the knowledge that the hand-screwed screws may not have been tightened is not rigorous. However, this video was set to AUTO temperature wall in the test, and the power consumption did not run to 351W, which is not the same as the test conditions of the LaoDiYiHao, and was questioned whether it had any reference value.

On July 9, LaoDiYiHao responded to Bykski's objection. In response to the issue of the reverse mounting of the deflector, LaoDiYiHao admitted that there may have been a reverse mounting situation, but after the positive mounting test was conducted, the temperature performance results did not change, so it was considered that this did not affect the results of the test. The reply also questioned Bykski's test, and expressed disgust at Bykski's double standard remarks, two faces.

On July 12, Bykski issued another legal letter requesting the platform to remove the video and asking the platform to provide LaoDiYiHao one's real name authentication information for judicial action. Shortly after the second complaint letter was issued, the video was taken down by the platform.

On July 23, bilibili content creator 51972 (short as 51972) said that he would act as a third party to mediate in the middle, hoping to solve the problem by means of a three-way live test. The following day, two Bykski staffs and 51972 arrived at LaoDiYiHao's studio and conducted a live retest. The three parties agreed that if the test proved that LaoDiYiHao had not faked, Bykski would apologize for the controversial incident the following day. After the test, the cpu water blocks temperature performance was in line with the previous test results of LaoDiYiHao, confirming that LaoDiYiHao did not engage in counterfeiting. The brand's staff acknowledged the data, promising to make a public apology to LaoDiYiHao and withdraw the complaint.

But from the live test has been a few days, only the platform resumed the LaoDiYiHao`s evaluation video, Bykski did not honor its public apology commitment.

On July 29, LaoDiYiHao released an update, combing through the events that have occurred since 51972's mediation. It claimed that the two sides have big differences about the content of the apology letter, and after many times of communication, Bykski refused to honor its promise of public apology and hinted that it would file a lawsuit.

"LaoDi, this is fine if you don't want to go cold turkey." In the communication record released by LaoDiYiHao, Bykski's representative said so.

What was unexpected was the attitude of VK, which promised to provide legal assistance to LaoDiYiHao, and would also bear the costs if sued. Its pattern was praised by the majority of B-site users.

LaoDiYiHao also said that it will make contact with lawyers, collect evidence and prepare to respond to the lawsuit.

(I am not a native english user , this article maybe hard understand. The exchange between the parties was recorded as follows.)

image.jpeg

法务函2.webp

7月9日 老弟一号的回复.jpg

7月29日老弟回应.webp

I'm not at all knowledgeable about Chinese law but I suspect a brand can't sue anyone because they've bought their product, and only if the willingly badmouthed it

If they test/compare stuff brand should demonstrate it has been rigged against them and their product wasn't tested fairly

So it looks more of an empty threat that anything else

Now about 7900XTX and 850W PSU it works absolutely well in my rig even at 450W TBP but with a *good* Corsair RMx PSU

But if using noname crap PSU it's another thing...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 8/4/2023 at 3:40 PM, PDifolco said:

I'm not at all knowledgeable about Chinese law but I suspect a brand can't sue anyone because they've bought their product, and only if the willingly badmouthed it

If they test/compare stuff brand should demonstrate it has been rigged against them and their product wasn't tested fairly

So it looks more of an empty threat that anything else

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, this does not constitute legal advice, this is speculation based on limited information and may not reflect the motives or intentions of the organization or parties mentioned below. This is a post on an internet forum made for casual reading, treat it as such.

Abuse of the legal system to silence criticism is nothing new, even if the lawsuit is so bogus that a first year law student would mistake it as toilet paper, the purpose of such suits aren't to argue in front of a neutral party on matters of fact and law, they're instead meant to perform two things.

• Cause financial and emotional distress on the defendant, as means of expressing the organization's vast resources and the lengths it'll go to, to make its point.

Even if the lawsuit is nonsensical, you still have to hire a lawyer, you still have to go to court, you still have to pay legal fees (even if you're in a loser pay's jurisdiction, the loser only pays if judgement is delivered). The plaintiff can now start using delay tactics, ask for extensions, file extraneous motions, not show up and then send an apology citing "urgent circumstances", etc.

Each tick of the clock costs both parties, except one party has lawyers (probably) on retainer paid by the company credit card and the other has to hire them out of pocket. It is possible a judge could see through it and have little tolerance for it but I wouldn't hold my breath over it.

Vexatious litigation has always been a weak point of the legal system and the court's duty to treat all allegations as credible (not proven, mind you, but only within the realm of possibility and worth proving) and to treat parties seriously, plus the trust the court places in its officers (i.e. lawyers, advocates, barristers or whatever other term may be used) means that... it's uncommon for vexatious litigants and the lawyers who aid them to actually get a right spanking, to use the legal term, from the courts for wasting its time.

• Use the proceeds from step one (doesn't matter if they eventually lose after all appeals are exhausted, it only matters that it cost a lot of time and money for the other side) to warn members of independent media that if they don't play nice with the company, it's their head on the chopping block and the court will be the blade.

Larger media organizations can either play ball with the company or tell them to screw off, since they too have lawyers on retainer, see Church of Scientology International v. Time Warner, Inc., et al. for an example of just that

TL;DR: It's a crap lawsuit and they know it, it's to waste time and bleed funds. This kinda crap works on smaller companies, not larger ones, since they can actually fight back.

On 7/31/2023 at 2:46 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Ah yes, that thing.

Overall, this comes down to different culture. Without going to specifics. Though as we have seen, same thing happens in here. Company doesn't like review, company will bully and taunt small creators. Or if they think they are better than markets, taunt the bigger names too.

Really nothing can be done. Other than voting with wallets. Which will not happen.

you are right, we can do nothing for this case.

However, anyone who are considering Bykski product should be noticed (from this case):  this is a company who just bully individuals/small companies; they did not respect what they promised; you are just purchasing for the appearance of custom loop cooling system, not the performance.

people should be noticed for what they purchased, not those marketing trash.