The titan wasnt cancelled, its drivers were being naughty

brownninja97

Its

3a.jpg

So once again no one believed me(that was probably a good thing that you didnt), people said that the titan was cancelled, no idea why they said this as there was no set in stone evidence. Anyways the delays point to driver issues. Nvidia believe that they can make the card more powerful but messing aroudn with drivers, that means no clock changes, it means no cooler or hardware changes, nvidia has impressed us in the past with their drivers however im no giving them the benefit of the doubt just yet, i doubt they can really put it off and increase the performance much. Well then discuss.

http://www.techpowerup.com/200830/gtx-titan-z-launch-delay-drivers.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wait there were rumors it was cancelled? That makes no sense after the huge fanfare they made showing the damn thing off.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

still if its just a tiny bit better then a 295x then i dont care 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I often wonder this, how come Nvidia cards have only 1 DisplayPort?

"...to prevent a GTX-TITANIC Z from happening"

I cringed

Well .. i guess it's time to make it rain money.  Move over broke a$$ bitchez..

:ph34r: ninja gettin fast money

Details separate people.

still if its just a tiny bit better then a 295x then i dont care 

Its double the price, i dont see the point in just getting two black titans, it will be cheaper and those gpus will performance a lot better having about 300mhz extra mhz on each gpu before overclocks.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well .. i guess it's time to make it rain money.  Move over broke a$$ bitchez..

:ph34r: ninja gettin fast money

Just get three black titans and get superior performance.

Listen if you care.

Its double the price, i dont see the point in just getting two black titans, it will be cheaper and those gpus will performance a lot better having about 300mhz extra mhz on each gpu before overclocks.

Well in theory the lifespan of one of those two cards will be decreased radically since it would be suffocating all the time so one could make that argument. But overall I just feel like Nvidia is not even trying to make sense anymore.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

there where no such rumors as far as the hole techies world know ! it would be stupid to cancel such Project, and again, where did you hear this "rumor" ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Well in theory the lifespan of one of those two cards will be decreased radically since it would be suffocating all the time so one could make that argument. But overall I just feel like Nvidia is not even trying to make sense anymore.

Also people cant argue about the titan being better for space, forget itx cases, none of them support triple slots, this is forced to matx and above cases

there where no such rumors as far as the hole techies world know ! it would be stupid to cancel such Project, and again, where did you hear this "rumor" ?

This forum and a few youtube videos were talking about it, also some of the techs tweeted about it.

Listen if you care.

i still can't Force my self to believe thid "Rumer" ! i mean, AMD lunches their 295x2, the thing hits a huge success, and nVidia Cancels their only Hope To compete with it !!! WTF

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Also people cant argue about the titan being better for space, forget itx cases, none of them support triple slots, this is forced to matx and above cases

This forum and a few youtube videos were talking about it, also some of the techs tweeted about it.

check what i said above

i still can't Force my self to believe thid "Rumer" ! i mean, AMD lunches their 295x2, the thing hits a huge success, and nVidia Cancels there only Hope To compete with it !!! WTF

Exactly my point, i was confused as hell as to where these suggestions were coming from and what facts were behind them, at any rate im putting an end to them before they spread, the titan lives.

Listen if you care.

i still can't Force my self to believe thid "Rumer" ! i mean, AMD lunches their 295x2, the thing hits a huge success, and nVidia Cancels their only Hope To compete with it !!! WTF

Exactly my point, i was confused as hell as to where these suggestions were coming from and what facts were behind them, at any rate im putting an end to them before they spread, the titan lives.

It does not compete... It's twice the price and not even as powerful as the 295x2. nVIDIA HAD to delay it if not cancel it completely and now they're just throwing a bullshit story about optimizing drivers.

It does not compete... It's twice the price and not even as powerful as the 295x2. nVIDIA HAD to delay it if not cancel it completely and now they're just throwing a bullshit story about optimizing drivers.

The decks are stacked againest the titan, no reason to buy it at all, you cant say its smaller as its triple slot, no itx case will support it without mods.

Listen if you care.

It wouldn't make sense to cancel the Titan-Z anyway as thousands of these things have already been produced, not sellint them would create an unimaginable financial loss to Nvidia.

144Hz goodness

The same reason the CEO said, for as much CUDA performance that's possible to shove into a small form factor. If I remember right his exact words were "Using these in small form factor clusters to provide as much GPU horsepower as physically possible"

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

i think who ever lunched this rumor was like "huuuum, i Love AMD, it's a head now in terms of Dual GPU Cards, but, what if the Titan Z Bypasses it ?!!! " so one if his idiot friends said " oh i know, i have a Great idea, let's tell every body that the Damn Green thing is being cancelled, and that way maybe nVidia will do it for Real :D:D:D "and he was all over his Face,.... mmmm, i don't think so Brilliant :huh:

i think who ever lunched this rumor was like "huuuum, i Love AMD, it's a head now in terms of Dual GPU Cards, but, what if the Titan Z Bypasses it ?!!! " so one if his idiot friends said " oh i know, i have a Great idea, let's tell every body that the Damn Green thing is being cancelled, and that way maybe nVidia will do it for Real :D:D:D "and he was all over his Face,.... mmmm, i don't think so Brilliant :huh:

The same reason the CEO said, for as much CUDA performance that's possible to shove into a small form factor. If I remember right his exact words were "Using these in small form factor clusters to provide as much GPU horsepower as physically possible"

physically possible?No its not, no itx case at the moment currently supports a triple slot cooler, if you want to change the cooler be my guest but in its current state the titan z isnt going to be in small systems, i think the smallest you will find it in is a prodigy m.

Listen if you care.

It doesn't compete with it and never was intended to.  The Titan line is not meant to compete with anything AMD has.  I assume there will be a 790 released to match the 295x2.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

physically possible?No its not, no itx case at the moment currently supports a triple slot cooler, if you want to change the cooler be my guest but in its current state the titan z isnt going to be in small systems, i think the smallest you will find it in is a prodigy m.

Nowhere did I say ITX.  I said small form factor clusters.  He said whilst announcing it that it was meant to be crammed in with multiple cards in a "server blade" type of case/scenario, and utlized for extreme real-time rendering things.

And on the ITX front, isn't it 2.5 slots?  I'm sure you could easily fit one with a small bit of effort if you actually wanted to.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089