A question about moustaches advice please

Sharif

If only i had whiskers like cats

cat_whiskers.jpg

Anyway,so i have mustache and i want to get rid of it and i am a kid (only 15)

but i always hear people say they will grow back thicker,longer and quicker 

i am sure many of you have experience,could you give me some advice in what i should do,as it will be my first time shaving

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Ladies dig mustaches. Keep it.

cat_whiskers.jpg

i am sure many of you have experience,could you give me some advice in what i should do,as it will be my first time shaving

dollarshaveclub.com/linus 

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

cat_whiskers.jpg

:D

Just do it; it will come back, but you just shave regularly. You get used to it. It won't come back in a day, but within a week or so (since you're only 15), you'll notice some stubble.

Butt wipes for men.

No its a myth. Shaving just removes hair. Hair grows fast, as you get older it will just grow back faster and faster until you get old and it stops growing ;P haha

Just go buy a nice razer, and have a good ol shave

Or keep it :) and grow it out, I love my beard...mmm beard *strokes my beard* its all fluffy

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Thanks all of you for the advice

Ladies dig mustaches. Keep it.

hahahaha

Love to,if i i was working/lived in Us/canada 

i would have told my dad about them,as they offer a great deal 

:D

Just do it; it will come back, but you just shave regularly. You get used to it. It won't come back in a day, but within a week or so (since you're only 15), you'll notice some stubble.

Maybe i should hmmmmmmmmmmm  :D

Butt wipes for men.

aha

No its a myth. Shaving just removes hair. Hair grows fast, as you get older it will just grow back faster and faster until you get old and it stops growing :P  haha

Just go buy a nice razer, and have a good ol shave

Or keep it :) and grow it out, I love my beard...mmm beard *strokes my beard* it's all fluffy

Ps i have a beard as well

i won't shave that yet,as it gives me a different look but not kidy look and i liked my kiddy look but this new look is okay as well.........

my dad has a bag of gillette razors, i could just take one of them 

oooh yay,what about shaving cream? is there anything special  i should know about razors or shaving creams?

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

No but I recommend using shaving cream, I just use whatever random Gillette stuff is laying around

I just use a normal Gillette razer since I shave like never, I use a beard trimmer.

If you have a beard then keep the moustache if you ask me, its weird without

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The first time i shave, i was 13. Yes i was very premature with lots of facial hair, it's only a phase you'll pass by it in no time. An whats wrong with it growing stronger and thicker ? ladies love it :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Foam shaving cream from a pressurised can is not that good for your skin because doesn't really help to moisturize it before shaving,which can lead to razor burn. Get those gel shaving cream from Gillette and lather up to nice thick foam.  And get a nice after shave BALM,not those alcohol stuff that burns. It's best to wash your face with any good non-soap based facial cleanser before shaving. Tap lightly with clean cloth to dry out the face after shaving,don't wipe it.

Do not shave against the grain or your moustache will grow in weird directions (moustache=no. beard=ok). Try to minimise the shaving pass to avoid razor burn.

I prefer safety/straight razer for of that gentleman shaving feeling and more accurate shaving over those normal multi bladed razor though I still have that Gillette Mach 3 and an electric shaver for when I feel too lazy to shave.

Enjoy your first shave!

That it comes back thicker and longer is a complete myth, don't worry.

Well, My advice would be . start grooming your whiskers early , as time goes on you wont have enough time or even bother to shave so it can either give you a classy look or a hobo look. it's gonna grow thicker as time goes by .

Advice.

• First time shave use single blade razor preferably (careful not to cut yourself) , dont use the electric razor thighy as it just shreds the hair up & tugs out the hair follicle
  • Go along with the grain first hand (this is your direction of shave),  just one pass using no pressure but letting the weight of the razor to cut the hair (dont press down too tight on skin)
  • keep a 30 degree angle (i know you're not gonna use a protractor but you get it) or 7:00am/pm clock angle
  • second pass should be smoother, still dont apply too much pressure
  • going against the grain is optional if so do it @ last pass

Things to keep in mind.

• fill the sink with hot water (not steaming but luke warm) as the steam helps open up pores while you shave
  • use a good shaving gel or cream (go for the gel preferably sensitive skin since it's your first time)
  • usually after a hot bath is the prefered time to shave since the pores are open and hair follicles are moisturised properly
  • keep strips of tissues near beforehand to cover up razor cuts. & let it stay there until it clots
  • optional use preshave oil before hand applying the shaving cream/gel

remember that your skin is going to itch/irritate like hell afterwards. use proper aftershave oil/moisturiser , DO NOT scratch it.

post before & after pic!!

Happy shaving.. :)

:ph34r: Katana Gillette , the best a ninja can get.

Details separate people.

Thanks all of you for the advice

hahahaha

Love to,if i i was working/lived in Us/canada 

i would have told my dad about them,as they offer a great deal 

Maybe i should hmmmmmmmmmmm  :D

aha

Ps i have a beard as well

i won't shave that yet,as it gives me a different look but not kidy look and i liked my kiddy look but this new look is okay as well.........

my dad has a bag of gillette razors, i could just take one of them 

oooh yay,what about shaving cream? is there anything special  i should know about razors or shaving creams?

In my experience, you should really be 17-18 before growing a beard or mustache. otherwise, it just looks awkward, and looks like you're just are too lazy to take care of your face :P

Well, My advice would be . start grooming your whiskers early , as time goes on you wont have enough time or even bother to shave so it can either give you a classy look or a hobo look. it's gonna grow thicker as time goes by .

Advice.

• First time shave use single blade razor preferably (careful not to cut yourself) , dont use the electric razor thighy as it just shreds the hair up & tugs out the hair follicle
  • Go along with the grain first hand (this is your direction of shave),  just one pass using no pressure but letting the weight of the razor to cut the hair (dont press down too tight on skin)
  • keep a 30 degree angle (i know you're not gonna use a protractor but you get it) or 7:00am/pm clock angle

Things to keep in mind.

• fill the sink with hot water (not steaming but luke warm) as the steam helps open up pores while you shave
  • use a good shaving gel or cream (go for the gel preferably sensitive skin since it's your first time)
  • usually after a hot bath is the prefered time to shave since the pores are open and hair follicles are moisturised properly
  • keep strips of tissues near beforehand to cover up razor cuts. & let it stay there until it clots

remember that your skin is going to itch/irritate like hell afterwards. use proper aftershave oil/moisturiser , DO NOT scratch it.

thanks a lot

i will try taking a pic

if only if i had a katana :ph34r:

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

In my experience, you should really be 17-18 before growing a beard or mustache. otherwise, it just looks awkward, and looks like you're just are too lazy to take care of your face :P

Maybe i am :ph34r::P

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

The first time i shave, i was 13. Yes i was very premature with lots of facial hair, it's only a phase you'll pass by it in no time. An whats wrong with it growing stronger and thicker ? ladies love it :)

mmmmmee no likeyyy~

it gives me a indian look (though i sort of am)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Get yourself a good quality bic or gillette razor with 3 blades or up. One where you can swap out the razor bit and keep the handle

Stay away from single blade razors for the first few times. 

Wash your face beforehand as it will make the shave much easier.

Get a good shaving cream. I only use Gillette fusion proglide myself and i have never cut myself.

Shave in the direction the hair grows the first time and don't let the razor move sideways.

Don't let the razors touch your skin without shaving cream in between. (The gillette shaving cream that i use creates something like a barrier and protects my skin)

Rinse your face with cold water when you're done. It'll soothe your face and if you're unlucky enough to cut yourself it will stop the bleeding.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Advice.

Things to keep in mind.

Eh, I just started slicing. :P Softly however, not putting weight on it.

I started to get facial hair when I was about your age. I'm almost 18 now and it's thickened out a fair bit. My side burns still need to connect with my moustache though... And I'd prefer my beard to overall be thicker. It tends to go quite curly when it gets long so I can't use that trick to make it look longer... But I have crazy thick and dense hair on my head so I have no doubt it will happen eventually :)

You can shave it if you like. I think if it's quite thin it tends to look quite fluffy, which is not a good look. I'd wait until it's somewhat thick to keep it permanently. 

I haven't completely shaved my beard for about half a year now. I look so strange clean shaven - it makes me look about 4 years younger :/ I just keep it nice and neat  ^_^

By the way your hair will not keep getting thicker. The first time you shave, you cut the end of the hair, which is tapered to a fine point. That leaves a stubby bit of hair behind - on a larger scale you could think of chopping the end of a toothpick. Pointy at first, but when cut it leaves a blunt end. That means it will look thicker the first time, and consequently not as soft. From there, the density of hair will increase. It's great having a nice fluffy beard to stroke, you'll love it!  :D

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

4767737_460s_thumb.jpg

hmmmm maybe not :P

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Eh, I just started slicing. :P

THATS HOW YOU BECOME A REAL MAN!!!!!!

5756fef0c564c473f7e708664b9df85f.png

Details separate people.

THATS HOW YOU BECOME A REAL MAN!!!!!!

5756fef0c564c473f7e708664b9df85f.png

Too much rules for shaving, not needed.

Just slice and dice, wounds make you stronger!!!

first thing that popped in my mind was

michael-cera-michael-cera-rocks-creepy-m

and if you want my advice...

i don't use any shaving cream or gel, just shave under shower under running water, or right after the shower when the hair is still soft

and my aftershave is cold cold water, as cold as it can get, it cools my face and moisturizes my skin, i keep my face under ice cold water for at least a minute, then tap the face gently with a clean towel

and you're done in 5 min w/o having to put and stuff on your face

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.