Samsung workers die from cancer

jmaster299

Reports are claiming that several dozen workers at Samsung's South Korean factories have been diagnosed with leukemia and other various diseases due exposure to harmful chemicals at the factory. It's bad enough that Samsung failed to provide a safe work environment, but the same reports claim that Samsung has been trying to silence people form talking about it.

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/samsung-apologises-after-56-employees-contract-leukaemia/

Edit: For all the people who can't read, the article clearly states that 56 people have been diagnosed and died of leukemia. So stop trying to claim that I posted something wrong.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

"several dozen workers at Samsung's South Korean factories have been diagnosed with leukemia" (56)

Title : Samsung workers die from cancer

Uh...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

"several dozen workers at Samsung's South Korean factories have been diagnosed with leukemia" (56)

Title : Samsung workers die from cancer

Uh...

Read the article, there have been numerous confirmed deaths, and leukemia IS a form of cancer......

from the article: "since then the makers of ‘Another Promise’ uncovered 56 other cases of Samsung factory employees contracting incurable illnesses and eventually dying."

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

There are lots of reasons I don't like Samsung but I admit this is pretty high on my list now.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Read the article, there is more than 1 confirmed death, and leukemia IS a form of cancer......

from the article: "since then the makers of ‘Another Promise’ uncovered 56 other cases of Samsung factory employees contracting incurable illnesses and eventually dying."

You mad it plural. 

Yes, the will probably die. BUT, they haven't yet, so the name of the thread is misleading by saying that "workers" have died from cancer. 

Samsung > Any coal mine is West Virginia

You mad it plural. 

Yes, the will probably die. BUT, they haven't yet, so the name of the thread is misleading by saying that "workers" have died from cancer. 

Again, go read the article, 56 people have died. 56

Direct quote, for the second time: "since then the makers of ‘Another Promise’ uncovered 56 other cases of Samsung factory employees contracting incurable illnesses and eventually dying."

Again, go read the article, 56 people have died. 56

Direct quote, for the second time: "since then the makers of ‘Another Promise’ uncovered 56 other cases of Samsung factory employees contracting incurable illnesses and eventually dying."

For some reason I thought your post said 1 confirmed death  :blink:

My bad

That's simply because workers tend to not wear the complete protecting suit even if they are forced to. This is what happens where I work just because comfort worths the risks in their opinion. But still...hideing the truth made it a lot worse.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Read the article, there have been numerous confirmed deaths, and leukemia IS a form of cancer......

It is,but...whatever.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It is,but...whatever.

So, everything I posted was accurate, yet you made a post acting as if it wasn't. Do the right thing and admit you were wrong and edit your post to reflect as such.

Welp, there goes my though and want of buying a S5, HTC One, here I come

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Well that is another reason for me to stay away from apple and Samsung.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Samsung tried silencing people.. They're more like apple if not worse...

Wait... When did Apple employees start dying from cancer that they had developed because of a bad working environment?

Honestly though I would expect nothing else than Samsung trying to cover it up, anything else would be damned suicidal of them.

Just like all those old industrial capitalism stories. To keep costs down and profits high in a competitive market, they keep wages low, hours long, or have terrible working conditions.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Well that is another reason for me to stay away from apple and Samsung.

How did Apple suddenly become a part of the conversation?

Wait... When did Apple employees start dying from cancer that they had developed because of a bad working environment?

Honestly though I would expect nothing else than Samsung trying to cover it up, anything else would be damned suicidal of them.

The Apple workers just commit suicide, and do it so often that they had to put anti-suicide nets around the building.

How did Apple suddenly become a part of the conversation?

Because Apple factory workers have died too. It was from suicide, but dead is dead when bad working conditions are what contribute to the death.

"We'll compensate families", probably with 5 years of sweatshop wages. Increase margins, ending lives. Capitalism at its finest. 

there was always reports of leaks throughout the years

wtf samsung  fix this

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The Apple workers just commit suicide, and do it so often that they had to put anti-suicide nets around the building.

Wasn't this Foxconn and not Apple?

"We'll compensate families", probably with 5 years of sweatshop wages. Increase margins, ending lives. Capitalism at its finest. 

ehh this is korea not china

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I didn't say apple's employees die from cancer, just said that apple kept their employees "silence" of stuff, couple months ago it(an article) was said that "apple's working environment isn't as good as you think" or something like that lol...

Wasn't this Foxconn and not Apple?

Yes, but they are an Apple manufacture that assembles the majority of the iPhones and iPads that Apple sells.