Samsung workers die from cancer

jmaster299

This happens everywhere. It is really horrible but not necessarily Samsung's fault.

Foxconn had similar problems before. But it was not due to lacking protective measures but the fact that the workers, in order to save time and not understanding the risks, decided not to use them as instructed.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

It is partly due to the stress of being replaced. This is a common problem in ASIA! Nothing to do with foreign companies producing there, at local companies it is much worse, but you will not hear about it in Western (or for that matter, any) Media.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

This has been an ongoing problem for decades now. There is even a movie about it. It's also not just a single company doing it, but pretty much every company involved in computer related manufacturing. And, as tech fans, we are part of the problem as well.

Chip manufacturing related deaths started popping up in the U.S. in the 70s. People working at these factories were getting cancer and further investigations revealed that a huge amount of safety issues were needed to be in place to continue running these factories. Instead, the manufacturing was moved overseas, why? Because in order to pass regulations, the cost of manufacturing will rise enormously.

So who took these jobs? China and Korea became the place where these factories relocated to, and because of laws in place there, many safety precautions were able to be avoided.

Now, many of these fab plants are being relocated back to the U.S., not because it's suddenly safer, but because the way manufacturing has changed in the past 30 years. Most of the fab plants you see have just popped up in the last 5 years, and are all done by robots. The only humans running these are in full body suits and they are there just to make sure there isn't any failure troubles with the robots.

What I find interesting is, we all enjoy our gadgets, and suddenly a problem that has existed for 30+ years is suddenly a bad thing since it's big bad Samsung. People in China and Korea losing lives is tragic, but we should also blame ourselves since we aren't willing to pay $1000+ for a smartphone manufactured in factories that have all the up-to-date safety precautions and/or equipment.

They're Foxconn workers and they produce products for nearly every major technology company including Acer, Amazon, Blackberry, Cisco, Dell, Google, HP, Microsoft, Motorola, Nintendo, Nokia, Sony, Toshiba, and more not just Apple.

But Apple is by far their biggest customer, accounting for more products then all those other companies combined. All the illegal overtime they were being forced to work was to meet the demands for Apple products, and not any other company. One of the 12 people who jumped off the roof did so after being interrogated about a missing iPhone prototype.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194