mini water chiller in pc case connected to custom loop.

can you use the rigid mini water chiller in a custom loop to chill the water along with the rads. or maybe even without rads.

that would be sweet. a small water chiller incorporated in the loop to chill the water down. powered by the psu.

Depends on what you are cooling

usually you dont chill water with rads present since theyll just heat the loop up since the loop is sub ambient, basically just turns your rads into air conditioners

id personally skip water chilling and go straight to phase change, just buy some cheap outdoor ac and make a cpu block and done, easy subzero temps and usually alot cooler than a waterchiller (maybe like -20 or -30c)

45 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Depends on what you are cooling

usually you dont chill water with rads present since theyll just heat the loop up since the loop is sub ambient, basically just turns your rads into air conditioners

id personally skip water chilling and go straight to phase change, just buy some cheap outdoor ac and make a cpu block and done, easy subzero temps and usually alot cooler than a waterchiller (maybe like -20 or -30c)

this is doesn't sound ideal though. fabrication is needed and there is gonna be parts outside the pc that i probably would have to power separately. what im talkin about is something that can be implemented in the pc case powered by the psu. so imagine a custom loop with the pump pumps the water to the reservoir, then it goes into the water blocks. but before the water goes into the res, it goes thru a mini water chiller that is inside the pc case which cools it down even more sub ambient. 

20 minutes ago, Edmond Dantes said:

this is doesn't sound ideal though. fabrication is needed and there is gonna be parts outside the pc that i probably would have to power separately. what im talkin about is something that can be implemented in the pc case powered by the psu. so imagine a custom loop with the pump pumps the water to the reservoir, then it goes into the water blocks. but before the water goes into the res, it goes thru a mini water chiller that is inside the pc case which cools it down even more sub ambient. 

Only thing thatd fit would problably be a tec and those are kinda trash

But the concept doesnt seem that bad, think of it kinda like an assisted sub ambient cooling system where a decent amount of cooling is done by the rads and then cooled to sub ambient by a chiller, so the chiller doesnt have to handle all the heat and thus be able to hit lower temps

Not sure about efficiency tho cause tecs are kinda shit not to mention cooling the tecs themselves

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Only thing thatd fit would problably be a tec and those are kinda trash

But the concept doesnt seem that bad, think of it kinda like an assisted sub ambient cooling system where a decent amount of cooling is done by the rads and then cooled to sub ambient by a chiller, so the chiller doesnt have to handle all the heat and thus be able to hit lower temps

Not sure about efficiency tho cause tecs are kinda shit not to mention cooling the tecs themselves

there is this mini water chiller called rigid mini water chiller its like the size of a video card. what is a tec

7 hours ago, Edmond Dantes said:

there is this mini water chiller called rigid mini water chiller its like the size of a video card. what is a tec

Can you send a like/photo?

Its problably tec based

Tec = thermoelectric cooler iirc or peltier cooler, basically just a tiny little device that uses power to chill one side and dump all the heat out the other side

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Its problably tec based

Tec = thermoelectric cooler iirc or peltier cooler, basically just a tiny little device that uses power to chill one side and dump all the heat out the other side

i think this is it? looks like 8amps at 12v

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

13 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i think this is it? looks like 8amps at 12v

Oh an actual vapor compression chiller

thats still like 96w but doesnt seem that bad when you consider the heated water will be precooled by the radiators

Still pretty damn large though so i wonder how youd go about fitting that in a case

53 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Oh an actual vapor compression chiller

thats still like 96w but doesnt seem that bad when you consider the heated water will be precooled by the radiators

Still pretty damn large though so i wonder how youd go about fitting that in a case

5 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Its problably tec based

https://www.rigidhvac.com/mini-water-chiller