Faulty port GPU (Maxsun RX580)

TheFriedBread
Go to solution Solved by 8tg,

A port being physically damaged isnt too hard to replace if you have the tools to do it. But thats if its just the port, if this happens with all the display output options the gpu is damaged in some other way and thats a significantly more difficult repair, if the repair is possible at all. Inconsistent function and artifcating would commonly be vram module failure which is repairable but is only economical to do so if you personally own and know how to use BGA soldering tools, because otherwise its a very expensive repair.

I have a Maxsun RX580 4gb. I cleaned it using alcohol and thorougly cleaning it, let it dry before using it again. but suddenly it artifacts, and shows no display after crashing.
I restarted it and it posts but no display. I panicked got stressed out because I dont have fund for it and bought next best thing i could afford.
After scalping for new gpu i tried putting it back and it works. but display disappear after a while, then it works again. today its now displaying again.

I wanted to sell it as defected in good price, (it was a relatively clean besides the port not working.
someone wanted it for like, 20 usd for a faulty port.
I just wanted to know now if i can have it fixed so i can give it to my friend at least.
I am hobbyist in computer tech and poking stuff in pcb is relatively new for me.
Thanks for reponse

if your asking about it then no you cant fix it. can some one els fix it maybe but not worth the cost. can try a different port on the gpu?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

if your asking about it then no you cant fix it. can some one els fix it maybe but not worth the cost. can try a different port on the gpu?

I tried, but all port only works when HDMI works.

I think it was a port problem but i think it was between the GPU and the output. but it wont post if it was gpu issue is it?
i got interested because it still works fine.

A port being physically damaged isnt too hard to replace if you have the tools to do it. But thats if its just the port, if this happens with all the display output options the gpu is damaged in some other way and thats a significantly more difficult repair, if the repair is possible at all. Inconsistent function and artifcating would commonly be vram module failure which is repairable but is only economical to do so if you personally own and know how to use BGA soldering tools, because otherwise its a very expensive repair.

9 hours ago, 8tg said:

Thanks, I never thought of the VRMs. I got interested in replacing the ports, but with its current situation where all ports does not work when it down show; its more of a value from experienced hands now. I sold it for 20 bucks, hope he can fix it as well and make another kid happy.