Good gaming headphones for $100

szewei

Hi I am looking for headphones for gaming, my budget is $100 but i would go a bit higher if its worth it

I done some research and I think these 3 are the best but I am open to suggestions

Kraken Pro

Vengeance 1500

Siberia v2

what kind of games do you play?

the Audio Technica isn't available in where i live :(

i mainly play FPS like BF3 and COD and Crysis but i occasionally  play dota 2 and some league of legends

If you don't mind open back Audio Technica ATH-AD700s are amazing but they do come in just over your budget.

The only reason i would by the siberia v2 is because they're comfortable as fuck.

They have an extension cable with it but it's really annoying.

Audio quality is not that good and the bass is almost not horrible and only works properly in one earcup.

i have checked on some forums and other people have the same problem.

It has a retractable mic so you can wear them in public without looking like an idiot.

I dont have this headset my freind has and i was trying it out considering if i should buy it or not ( i was a sound newbie dont judge me)

in the end i bought the Sennheiser 360 and im happy with it but it's obviously not in the same price range

Possibly Logitech G35s? I've seen them on Newegg/Amazon for less than a 100, I use the G930s atm having previously had a pair of Siberia v2s (lovely comfort, not so great sound even through my Xonar DG) if I'm right in thinking they're the same aside from the 35s being wired. 

how good are the logitech g35s? they look nice but are more higher priced

siberia v2>logitech g35>audio technica ? (going to a audio shop to look for the audio technica later)

i just saw a post about vengeeance 1500 how are they compared to theese

Audio Technica are the best of the bunch I don't know why they're listed as the worst for you. The only thing that the Audio Technica doesn't have is a mic.The audio quality is far higher though. I think that G35s are better than Siberia v2 in sound quality but the Siberia v2 are very comfortable. I own a pair of G35s but some people will say the earcups will break off in a small amount of time. I've owned them for a year and they haven't broke off.

Audio Technica ATH-AD700 is widely regarded as the best gaming headphones out there.  Don't get a headset made by a gaming company, the AD700s are a ton better.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

ATH-AD700 + Zelman mic... ath-m50s are a terrible choice.

ATH-AD700 + Zelman mic... ath-m50s are a terrible choice.

Or that Antlion Mod Mic that Linus featured.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

Or that Antlion Mod Mic that Linus featured.

that too^

The Siberia V2's I had were great for the price until they broke, and SteelSeries RMA process was great too. I had the version with the audio mixer and can honestly say that apart from using it with my xbox, I did not like that mixer - better to buy a separate 3.5mm extension and use onboard audio than the mixer's amp nastying things up.

However, I haven't tried the ATH-AD700s.... upgraded directly to HD 650s.  :rolleyes:

Anlion ModMic is pretty chill too.

You will defently get "much" better audio buying some high quality headphones instead of the "gaming headsets" you have named above.

I Agree with some of the other comments saying that the ath-ad700's are a good choice. they have a large soundstage so you will get a more realistic, natural and positional audio but they do "really" lack in bass, I've even seen reviews claiming they have "no bass". although I have not tried them myself, there is plenty of good reviews around the place. from what ive heard they have great audio for "gaming" but not so good audio for movies or music.

My personal recomendation would be the seennheiser hd558, if you can find them for a good price that is. I bought them here in Australia or $100 online, but they were refebished and that was a limited deal. They have the same large soundstage of the ath-ad700s but with more bass. They aren't bass heavy or anything like that, it's actually there though ( unlike the ath-ad700). They also have great reviews aswell, plenty there on the web for you to find. The 558s are the middle ground, they give you a well rounded sound with a big soundstage and will provide good quality audio for games, music , movies or just about anything.

If you don't want to spend so much I have also heard that the Samson sr850's provide a good well rounded audio solution for much less that the other two headphones ( cant remember exactly how much off the top of my head) they have that large sound stage that makes them good for gaming.

If you need a microphone, just get a zalman man clip on they are just as good as any headset mic anyway.

I would also suggest investing in a sound card. The asus xonar dg/dgx is about 20/30 $ and chages the audio experiance dramatically and will also give you some great features you don't get on onboard. Amount the best being Dolby headphone, it will create a virtualised surround sound experiance for more immersive play and better posional audio. Trust me,get a sound card!

And for what you were saying about "some of the headphones not being in your area, there are plenty of reputable audio stores thaT shipp internationally or locally depending on where you live for reasonable prices. I would suggest looking through amazon as well they have a reasonableness wide range of audio.

Hope my advice was helpful :) hope your happy with watever you chose.

I'm not sure where this thing about the ad700's having no bass came from but I've spent the last hour and a half juggling headphones between the ad700 and the m50 and there is only one track that I would give the edge to the m50 which is bangarang by skrillex but for the most part I don't really sense a loss in bass when switching headphones. for stringed bass I'd say the ad700 is better like bass guitars cellos and the like where you would get the deep thrum of the string plus the bass along with it. big room house and trance sound really pleasing on the ad700 as well especially with how large the soundstage is. 

I did notice a big difference between my flac and mp3 files. (of course) and depending on how sketchy that mp3 was it would really be lacking, also streaming internet radio was pretty lackluster in bass as well. I'm wondering if the bad reviews came from sources who had bad audio files. 

and of course the bass hits its spots in different areas between the 2 headphones but I think I found the song I like the best on the ad700 

excuse me, I'm going to go grab my e-reader and listen to this song on repeat outside with my ad700

thx for the reply guys so i'm gonna get the audio technicas this weekend. Really appreciate the help :)