Noctua released redux and industrialPPC lines of fans

Ssoele

Redux or server. Their moore budget friendly and cheaper. I doubt that noctua will ever make cheap fans.

Why do you need a alternative to their high end from them they are already great? This was a far smater move to segment their products.

I see this going nowhere and it's simply because you like their beige ones anyways, I doubt you'd understand. Agree to disagree bro. :)

The quality of the redux series is the same as the original, it just does not come with the LNA, extension cable, Y-splitter and rubber mounts.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=noctua_product_lines

According to the chart, redux also lacks some of the features the latest standard noctuas have.

I understand that i was wrong with the term "lesser quality", because both lines are being built by noctua.

However they had to drop some build solutions which would eventually improve overall quality (and price), so they are ultimately not quite the same fans just in different colors and accessories.

They're available today in Austria and Germany!

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I was waiting for this moment since computex.. This is a great day! going to get them at the moment they are available in my country!

When linus showed the black fans: youtube.com/watch?v=E7Y9dV0XX6s

It took them 12 months to release the black ones >.> You can order them from here http://www.alternate.de/Noctua/NF-F12-industrialPPC-2000-IP67-PWM-Geh%C3%A4usel%C3%BCfter/html/product/1142330?

@TheProfosist can you answer @VSG 's question, I can't remember what you said so I don't want to mis-quote you :c

Take your time.

here be the link(s) to the comments I was referencing

http://goo.gl/Fg9XiJ

I see this going nowhere and it's simply because you like their beige ones anyways, I doubt you'd understand. Agree to disagree bro. :)

Yes I like the beige, well really kinda "peachy", cause they bring some different color in. Also Black and X got old long ago in ~2007-2009 along with blue leds.

This is not simply because I "like their beige ones anyways". The grey is still two ton and different enough and it isnt beige, tan, or brown (more chocolate brown). They are likely going to make far more money and get their fan in many more people hands with multiple lines than they ever would by just making their current line black. Also doing that would kill basically all of the branding that they have built up over the years and would likely make them a sellout in enthusiasts eyes. Actually i believe there is already a thread on that on the forum. With the way the internet works it could actually hurt them. Just look at what happened to Microsoft when they changed how games worked to be the way everyone wanted.

You could always lower the server ones they are rumored to go down to 500rpm and current NF-F12 PWM only really go a bit lower than that. You could always do what most enthusiasts do when a part they really want to use doesnt fit the build correctly in some way, mod it. This surprisingly happens more than many people think it does and some of the mods might be so simple that many may over look them.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=noctua_product_lines

According to the chart, redux also lacks some of the features the latest standard noctuas have.

I understand that i was wrong with the term "lesser quality", because both lines are being built by noctua.

However they had to drop some build solutions which would eventually improve overall quality (and price), so they are ultimately not quite the same fans just in different colors and accessories.

yes its just their older models without the accessories essentially. Im actually kinda happy about this because back at computex the samples were ABS which would have been a big step down in build quality.

When linus showed the black fans: youtube.com/watch?v=E7Y9dV0XX6s

It took them 12 months to release the black ones >.> You can order them from here http://www.alternate.de/Noctua/NF-F12-industrialPPC-2000-IP67-PWM-Gehäuselüfter/html/product/1142330?

I seem you dont understand international product development. Nor what Noctua goes through when developing their products. A example would be the NH-D14 to the NH-D15.

I would definitely buy the NF-F12, just looks smexy. I like them cause they are pwm and my current fans which are the AP-123 are not :(. Makes me sad that one of them wont go lower than 900 rpm

I would definitely buy the NF-F12, just looks smexy. I like them cause they are pwm and my current fans which are the AP-123 are not :(. Makes me sad that one of them wont go lower than 900 rpm

has it been confirmed as PWM yet?

Wait,does the fact that Noctua didn't release a black fan make them...racist?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

And the 2000rpm PWM version goes from 450 to 2000, so you can run those quiet as well, contrary to the statement that they are going to be super loud because they are server fans. Just don't run them at 2000rpm.

great to hear and see. Standard NF-F12 PWM just get down to 450rpm if they do so those will probably be in my next build way way in the future. I would do it now but I cant imagine the cost and i kinda designed my current build around the originals.

I am actually looking at the 140mm redux versions for my server thats in a 750D as is doesnt need the extra stuff but would still get the quiet and quality for a fraction of the price. (6x NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM and 3x NF-P14r redux-1500 PWM)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nf-a14-industrialppc/1

omg i want one so bad, I want to replace all my case fans with these but they are $35 a piece.

They are server fans. I don't think you'll want those in your case unless it's a couple rooms away

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

brown corners hmmm

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

They are server fans. I don't think you'll want those in your case unless it's a couple rooms away

44 dba... I have 6 case fans if I were to swap the out for those I'd be listening to 69 dba... That's fucking loud, 

brown corners hmmm

you can most likely take those off

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

you can most likely take those off

yeah, i think you can them off.

brown corners hmmm

Those are just rubber vibration dampeners and can easily be removed.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Nobody said that you have to run them at the full 2000/3000RPM. That said, in terms of price I'd still go with the 'ugly' ones all day. Using blue lighting can help make them more ascetically pleasing. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Nobody said that you have to run them at the full 2000/3000RPM. That said, in terms of price I'd still go with the 'ugly' ones all day. Using blue lighting can help make them more ascetically pleasing.

using a solid (windowless) sidepanel and no lighting helps even more...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

using a solid (windowless) sidepanel and no lighting helps even more...

True, but seeing how I haven't seen a windowless build pass by in the last three months that doesn't seem to be an option for most people.

Running them slower would defeat the purpose of these fans and you might as well get their standard brown and beige fans.These are only of any use BECAUSE they run so fast.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Running them slower would defeat the purpose of these fans and you might as well get their standard brown and beige fans.These are only of any use BECAUSE they run so fast.

Yup, that and the price is the reason why I won't be spending money on these fans. Plus I have no significant quarrel with the color scheme of the standard ones.  I think it's a genius business model that Noctua is implementing tho.