Noctua released redux and industrialPPC lines of fans

Ssoele

Personal experience of owning fans. The noise, price & performance of these super hyped fans fails to live up to it.

They are indeed not magic fans, the fact that you were disappointed only means your expectations were too high.

i personally like the color they have now :)

:ph34r:

I'm going to order these immediately! I might not use the brown anti vibration rubbers though... I'm probably replacing them with black o-rings or something similar.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

Just saw this post as I was deciding what fans to put in next build. It's a sign!! :D 

but they announced it at computex last year

no they didn't. They said "Maybe some time in the future" and then they never commented on it again.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Hehe, the black industrial fan 3000RPM is mine! Give it here Noctua! There is no better gift for Haswell-E CPU, other than staying at low temps :) 4.1mmH2O of static pressure and such high air flow...LOL that's sweet!

...and also bleeding eardrums. at 40db, it's approximately 15db over a "standard" heatsink fan. That's a gigantic difference. You might as well go the full hog and get one of those Delta 6200rpm fans that pushes 35mm/h20 while you're at it. Cooling would be immense! 

It seems everyone is missing the point of these fans. They are niche-fillers. If you want Noctua silence and performance that they are reputed for, you HAVE to get their performance fans. Which are all unchanged at beige & brown. These news fans are, by the standards of the performance/traditional noctua fans, simply not as good. There's no reason to get these new fans now, when far more competitive fans have been around for a long time - unless you CRAVE the "noctua" name or they happen to be priced well at a retailer. 

As far as i'm concerned, Noctua want to keep their trademark color scheme, but retain their reputation AND increase sales. The only way they could have their cake & eat it too was to introduce more products and different products entirely, not redefine the products that define the company.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

I thought noctua had an colour scheme worth keeping hold of.

I would of done the redux with the fan the lighter brown and the outer part the darker brown.

And those redux look like someone has just greyscaled the picture of the originals

...and also bleeding eardrums. at 40db, it's approximately 15db over a "standard" heatsink fan. That's a gigantic difference. You might as well go the full hog and get one of those Delta 6200rpm fans that pushes 35mm/h20 while you're at it. Cooling would be immense! 

It seems everyone is missing the point of these fans. They are niche-fillers. If you want Noctua silence and performance that they are reputed for, you HAVE to get their performance fans. Which are all unchanged at beige & brown. These news fans are, by the standards of the performance/traditional noctua fans, simply not as good. There's no reason to get these new fans now, when far more competitive fans have been around for a long time - unless you CRAVE the "noctua" name or they happen to be priced well at a retailer. 

As far as i'm concerned, Noctua want to keep their trademark color scheme, but retain their reputation AND increase sales. The only way they could have their cake & eat it too was to introduce more products and different products entirely, not redefine the products that define the company.

:D Hehe, it doesn't mean that I will have them 100% at all times. Besides, I think I might actually get the 2000RPM ones since they have better protection (IP67). Well 31 dB (A) is i guess OK no? 4mmH2O is enough for 80mm thick radiator.  ;)

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Personal experience of owning fans. The noise, price & performance of these super hyped fans fails to live up to it.

Clearly you have never tried gentle typhoons.

I was waiting for this moment since computex.. This is a great day! going to get them at the moment they are available in my country!

Hold your horses guys.

The black fans run between 2000 and 3000 RPM. They are designed to be "quiet" in comparison to a server farm, which is a bloody loud environment. They will likely be very audible through headphones. There is no reason why you would want those fans in a personal computer, especially one that is less than a metre or two from your head - you'll have a headache within an hour of turning it on.

No, they have a version with max RPM of 3000RPM and one with 2000RPM max. The 2000RPM PWM can get to as low as 500RPM.. They are going to be perfect for my PC!!!!

I don't know why people think they are ugly.  I think both of the new fan lines are gorgeous! I think the black with brown looks awesome too! Now I just need ASUS to make some Black and Brown motherboards. ;)  My only problem is that I now have to shell out another couple hundred dollars to fill up my case with the new fans.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

I don't know why people think they are ugly.  I think both of the new fan lines are gorgeous! I think the black with brown looks awesome too! Now I just need ASUS to make some Black and Brown motherboards. ;)  My only problem is that I now have to shell out another couple hundred dollars to fill up my case with the new fans.

The issue I have is that Noctua has NOT listened to people wanting a color change on their existing fans. Instead, they re-release old, low rpm fans with no bells and whistles in the Redux line and then introduce server grade high RPM fans in the Industrial line. Their primary cooling line is still in the same old color scheme.

The issue I have is that Noctua has NOT listened to people wanting a color change on their existing fans. Instead, they re-release old, low rpm fans with no bells and whistles in the Redux line and then introduce server grade high RPM fans in the Industrial line. Their primary cooling line is still in the same old color scheme.

Noctua is listening to their costumers feedback, but are not following it blindly. They have set themselves a course and are sticking to it, they are not giving in to the criticism. Where you can see the improvements thanks to costumer feedback is the connectors on their accessories are now black instead of white, they've updated their anti-vibration mounts to be a lot easier to use, ... .

Noctua is listening to their costumers feedback, but are not following it blindly. They have set themselves a course and are sticking to it, they are not giving in to the criticism. Where you can see the improvements thanks to costumer feedback is the connectors on their accessories are now black instead of white, they've updated their anti-vibration mounts to be a lot easier to use, ... .

The most feedback they get are the colors, which they are not listening, gladly Noctua isn't the only high end fan manufacturer.

Mmm, take off those brown anti vibration pads and you've got nice pure black fans.

You mean laike every otjer black fan ever?

If the industrial fans scale through PWM linear they should be better than the original NF-F12s at a lower rpm, and if that's the case i'm sold :D

Same same!

Noctua fans? Prepare for dissapointment when they fall short of all the hype that they get.

Buy noiseblocker or enermax for real silence

If you want silent just get low rpm variants of any decent fan. The 2k rpm pwm eloop is not quieter than the noctua. Also the are tons of options if you just want quiet. Throw build quality and specs into the mix and you severly limit yourself to a handful a brands if that.

Hyped this fainling to live up to hyped expectation, haw is that not surprising?

If you want silent just get low rpm variants of any decent fan. The 2k rpm pwm eloop is not quieter than the noctua. Also the are tons of options if you just want quiet. Throw build quality and specs into the mix and you severly limit yourself to a handful a brands if that.

Except it is according to these tests >.>

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

They did listen since most of the people that complain about the color wouldnt or couldnt shell out for them anyway which is why there is the redux line.

Noctua is listening to their costumers feedback, but are not following it blindly. They have set themselves a course and are sticking to it, they are not giving in to the criticism. Where you can see the improvements thanks to costumer feedback is the connectors on their accessories are now black instead of white, they've updated their anti-vibration mounts to be a lot easier to use, ... .

I would agree its im proving but some people dont see that as enough and aparently wanted them to revamp their current line as well, even though some of those are newlyishly released models and the nh-d15 just launched.

The most feedback they get are the colors, which they are not listening, gladly Noctua isn't the only high end fan manufacturer.

how are they not listening again? Are the new models mainly brown?

Except it is according to these tests >.>

And ive already voiced my concerns with those tests, probably multiple times. Ive also discussed alternatives to noucta as well as why I choose to use their brand.

how are they not listening again? Are the new models mainly brown?

You mean the "cheap" Redux? <_< New models, not an alternative to their high end ones which are brown.

@TheProfosist can you answer @VSG 's question, I can't remember what you said so I don't want to mis-quote you :c

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

What are your concerns with those tests, if you don't mind voicing them one more time?

@TheProfosist can you answer @VSG 's question, I can't remember what you said so I don't want to mis-quote you :c

Will do when I get off work or possibly tomorrow.

You mean the "cheap" Redux? <_< New models, not an alternative to their high end ones which are brown.

Redux or server. Their moore budget friendly and cheaper. I doubt that noctua will ever make cheap fans.

Why do you need a alternative to their high end from them they are already great? This was a far smater move to segment their products.