Reducing desktop power consumption

Hey guys,
I just measured the amount of power, that my pc draws from the wall while sitting at idle at the desktop. Its about 110W. My CPU is a 5900x and my GPU a gtx 1070. I run a custom water cooling loop. Is there a way to reduce the idle power consumption?
I am running the windows balanced power setting for ryzen, which came with the chipset driver. 

Thanks for your help

17 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Hey guys,
I just measured the amount of power, that my pc draws from the wall while sitting at idle at the desktop. Its about 110W. My CPU is a 5900x and my GPU a gtx 1070. I run a custom water cooling loop. Is there a way to reduce the idle power consumption?
I am running the windows balanced power setting for ryzen, which came with the chipset driver. 

Thanks for your help

Only thing I can suggest is looking into undervolting your CPU in the bios. Generally CPUs draw more voltage than they actually need, with it being possible to lower that to some degree without affect performance.

Also as far as power profile goes, if you're going to be doing any gaming or productive tasks, it's strongly recommended to use high power profiles for that.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Your loop is whats consuming power as a pump is quite a bit of wattage

A 1070 is not the most efficient card

5900x can go in eco mode.

But basically a typical custom loop pump goes between 14-25w.

Then if you have lots of fans that some wattage each

rgb isnt little either

And then the components that make the pc work.

I just looked into HWINFO64 and it claims, that the CPU is drawing about 80W at "idle", so its the bulk of the problem

I am using curve optimizer. Is there any improvement with clasical undervolting?

Have you tried enabling ECO mode for your cpu in your bios? I'm not sure if that helps while idling though (might only reduce power draw under load) but it's worth a shot. It's really easy to do as well. It's a setting somewhere around the overclocking options.

I tried enabling eco mode, but that doesnt really make a difference. Even with all autostart programs killed, the PC still draws 100W from the wall on the desktop.