Advice on where to get PC parts in Europe

Thnl

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games, 3D Rendering

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi everyone, I moved to the Netherlands a while ago  and I've been struggling to find shops that sell  PC parts. Does anyone know the best place to get PC parts in the Netherlands?

A good idea is to check your nearest Amazon as well. They have cheaper parts compared to most of the local stores here, tho it's good to cross check.

Good luck!

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

11 minutes ago, Thnl said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi everyone, I moved to the Netherlands a while ago  and I've been struggling to find shops that sell  PC parts. Does anyone know the best place to get PC parts in the Netherlands?

Your best start would be something like https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

This site compares many other sites.
And the best is to use a Dutch webshop then you will have all the waranty benefits* from this country.

But besides that:
Megekko
Alternate
SIComputers
BOL.com

Are very reputable.
And there is also Amazon.NL

(ps. most websites have their own English translation btw, in case you cant directly from your browser)

1 year minimum (altho on most electronics its 2 year) waranty on stuff.
And when you buy online you have 7-14 days to return it with FULL refund (incl shipping) with no reason given.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Caseking.de 

I get all of my parts from them after Brexit. They have pretty much everything you would ever need from low end to high end parts to build your next dream setup. 

I'm located in Ireland if that matters. My last order was delivered in just 2 days from Germany.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

5 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Caseking.de 

I get all of my parts from them after Brexit. They have pretty much everything you would ever need from low end to high end parts to build your next dream setup. 

I'm located in Ireland if that matters. My last order was delivered in just 2 days from Germany.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but yeah for us Dutch thats really not worth it.
Pricing is about 10%-20% higher and THEN there's also an increase in shipping cost.

(higher compared to buying locally)

edit, rechecked, but pricing is about the same. some is more expensive other things are cheaper, my bad.

16 minutes ago, Thnl said:

megekko seems to be best price, ordered from there since they ship to belgium too

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but yeah for us Dutch thats really not worth it.
Pricing is about 10%-20% higher and THEN there's also an increase in shipping cost.

Is it some kind of national dispute between countries or am I missing something?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

10 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Your best start would be something like https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

This site compares many other sites.
And the best is to use a Dutch webshop then you will have all the waranty benefits* from this country.

But besides that:
Megekko
Alternate
SIComputers
BOL.com

Are very reputable.
And there is also Amazon.NL

(ps. most websites have their own English translation btw, in case you cant directly from your browser)

1 year minimum (altho on most electronics its 2 year) waranty on stuff.
And when you buy online you have 7-14 days to return it with FULL refund (incl shipping) with no reason given.

i wouldnt recomend bol.com

yea its renowned, but not good for prices

a 3070 ti stil costs 800 on here, u should checkl the other prices

its mad

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

3 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Is it some kind of national dispute between countries or am I missing something?

Not that i know of?!
Why would you think so?
I was just mistaken by the pricing had not checked enough items to come to an somewhat average.

2 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

i wouldnt recomend bol.com

yea its renowned, but not good for prices

a 3070 ti stil costs 800 on here, u should checkl the other prices

its mad

Cant say i see that.
But indeed do pay attention at bol.com even tho my recomendation stays.
Make sure you know its different sellers operating on that website.

See red rectangle in picture showing being sold by not bol.com.

Screenshot_630.png

20 minutes ago, Thnl said:

Use PCPartpicker you can localize it in NL

And there's always Amazon 😉 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

3 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Not that i know of?!
Why would you think so?
I was just mistaken by the pricing had not checked enough items to come to an somewhat average.

Cant say i see that.
But indeed do pay attention at bol.com even tho my recomendation stays.
Make sure you know its different sellers operating on that website.

See red rectangle in picture showing being sold by not bol.com.

Screenshot_630.png

still too much tho

u can get a 6950xt for 50 bucks more

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Use PCPartpicker you can localize it in NL

And there's always Amazon 😉 

tweakers does belgium and netherlands only, id figure thats the best

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

1 hour ago, Thnl said:

Physical shops will be hard to find, if they even still exist at all. Online is where it's at here in NL. For general stuff like cases and components I shop at Azerty, Alternate or Megekko (typically in that order of preference as well). For watercooling stuff I go to Highflow.

59 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

SIComputers

Have they improved over the years? I've had and heard a mostly poor experience with them years ago (things like stuff that wasn't in stock listed as in stock/immediate shipping, shipment being very slow compared to the promised delivery time, not getting in contact or updates where my shipment is).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, tikker said:

Have they improved over the years? I've had and heard a mostly poor experience with them years ago (things like stuff that wasn't in stock listed as in stock/immediate shipping, shipment being very slow compared to the promised delivery time, not getting in contact or updates where my shipment is).

I cannot say with my sample size of 1. 😄
But that all went fine. (About half a year ago
)