Video noise/grain while running over HDMI

Hello!

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ 1000 that I run (via HDMI) into my AverMedia LGX at 1080p50.

The problem is that while I'm doing it this way there is tons of extra noise/grain in the video (whereas if I record to the SD card, the recording turns out a lot better (seems like some extra processing goes on after pressing record)).

I've been through all the settings a few times but can't seem to find a way for the camera to already be applying that final processing during the preview so it'd also be visible via HDMI. I just wanted to ask if anybody has any idea how to fix this (I tried NVIDIA's denoising & so on but those solutions smooth everything out too much); and to hear if this is a very normal problem with cameras? (the fact that the HDMI output is worse than actually recording on camera because of less processing going on).

Thank you to anyone that takes time to read this & I wish you a nice day!

Sample: 

You can see a lot of noise on the shirt for instance, which wouldn't really be present if it was recorded to the SD card instead of outputting to OBS...

image.thumb.png.c61d2030e0e9d3ffc0cf959fb3126373.png

Is this the live preview in OBS or a screencapture of a local recording? Recording to SD will net you a considerably higher bitrate than what you would use to stream or record locally. I would also consider giving your camera some more light, it might not look like it to humans but your room might be kind of dark which wouldn't help the situation, cameras are nowhere near as good as eyes 😛

If you are streaming and therefore probably shrinking your camera down to a smaller size, you might not end up noticing it honestly. 

Jam on through to the other side

5 hours ago, bhop_monster_jam said:

Is this the live preview in OBS or a screencapture of a local recording? Recording to SD will net you a considerably higher bitrate than what you would use to stream or record locally. I would also consider giving your camera some more light, it might not look like it to humans but your room might be kind of dark which wouldn't help the situation, cameras are nowhere near as good as eyes 😛

If you are streaming and therefore probably shrinking your camera down to a smaller size, you might not end up noticing it honestly. 

It's a screens. of a very high bitrate local recording; as far as lights go I have 2 big studio lights in front of me & the camera actually does perfectly fine when recording by itself... but this way it seems that extra processing step to take care of the noise isn't done (For instance if I have it hooked up like this, there will be a lot of noise...BUT if I press record on the camera in the exact same situation & then take the footage off the SD card, the footage will be perfect without much noise at all...and then there's this xD)