I thought my GPU Fried

Joe Bennett

So I replaced it, but I still cant boot my computer. It was crashing a lot on my vega 64 whenever I was gaming, and then it wouldn’t reboot, so I bought a 3060ti, and the problem remained. I thought windows got fucked up, so I installed windows on a thumb drive and it still isn’t working. I’m getting multiple blue screens of death, I’ll post a few. Any ideas that hopefully dont end in me building a new pc?

Ryzen 1900x, asrock mobo, 64gb ram

and now a gtx 1660ti. 

IMG_6932.jpeg

IMG_6933.jpeg

IMG_6934.jpeg

That top picture is not a BSOD, that means that the OS detected corruption. I would be suspicious of the storage. And yes, I looked at your video as well, it's just a random native driver. 

1 minute ago, Joe Bennett said:

Tried on another monitor 

IMG_6937.jpeg

What did you try on this computer? Reinstalling the OS? If yes, that further makes the storage suspect. 

1 minute ago, Bjoolz said:

That top picture is not a BSOD, that means that the OS detected corruption. I would be suspicious of the storage. And yes, I looked at your video as well, it's just a random native driver. 

I have an ssd, hd, and a usb, all separate bootable drives. none of them are booting. 

1 minute ago, Bjoolz said:

What did you try on this computer? Reinstalling the OS? If yes, that further makes the storage suspect. 

Haven’t gotten far enough to reinstall os. 

3 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

33 minutes ago, Joe Bennett said:

I installed windows on a thumb drive

Did you install the OS on the USB drive or from the USB drive?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

13 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Did you install the OS on the USB drive or from the USB drive?

On a usb drive. From my wife’s computer 

Also I just unplugged both the ssd, and the hd, and now im only running the flash drive, and still no luck 

18 minutes ago, Joe Bennett said:

I have an ssd, hd, and a usb, all separate bootable drives. none of them are booting. 

Haven’t gotten far enough to reinstall os. 

You have multiple OS installs on these drives?

And I noticed now that on the BSOD picture it said that you tried a different monitor, not computer as I thought. This is Win7 or older, so is it the same PC, just a different storage drive?

If yes, that pushes the suspect over to RAM. The crashing could have corrupted the Win10 install. PFN_List_Corrupt is common with RAM (Basically a memory error), but RAM and storage can look a lot like each other because of the page file that houses low priority data from RAM. 

Remove all RAM except one stick. If it crashes, try a different stick. That yellow/red screen with vertical stripes don't look like RAM at all though. Not that it looks like storage either, but lately I have seen some really wacky crash screens with a bad NVMe SSD. And just to re-iterate, if multiple drives crashes it's almost certainly not a storage issue beyond corruption (Unless there are multiple issues which I basically ignore as a possibility unless proven otherwise).

If it's not RAM either, we are moving into the more guesstimating area. Because of that yellow/red screen, the corruption and memory BSOD, I would lean towards motherboard. Could be PSU even. Basically looking at what all of these things have in common (As in what they connect to). 

What I would do, remove anything you don't need just to boot. All RAM except one stick, just the storage drive with the OS (Or even no storage and just the USB), GPU, CPU. That's it. Hopefully that gives us something interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Bennett said:

Also I just unplugged both the ssd, and the hd, and now im only running the flash drive, and still no luck 

Sounds like CPU or RAM

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

9 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

You have multiple OS installs on these drives?

And I noticed now that on the BSOD picture it said that you tried a different monitor, not computer as I thought. This is Win7 or older, so is it the same PC, just a different storage drive?

If yes, that pushes the suspect over to RAM. The crashing could have corrupted the Win10 install. PFN_List_Corrupt is common with RAM (Basically a memory error), but RAM and storage can look a lot like each other because of the page file that houses low priority data from RAM. 

Remove all RAM except one stick. If it crashes, try a different stick. That yellow/red screen with vertical stripes don't look like RAM at all though. Not that it looks like storage either, but lately I have seen some really wacky crash screens with a bad NVMe SSD. And just to re-iterate, if multiple drives crashes it's almost certainly not a storage issue beyond corruption (Unless there are multiple issues which I basically ignore as a possibility unless proven otherwise).

If it's not RAM either, we are moving into the more guesstimating area. Because of that yellow/red screen, the corruption and memory BSOD, I would lean towards motherboard. Could be PSU even. Basically looking at what all of these things have in common (As in what they connect to). 

What I would do, remove anything you don't need just to boot. All RAM except one stick, just the storage drive with the OS (Or even no storage and just the USB), GPU, CPU. That's it. Hopefully that gives us something interesting. 

I have eight sticks of 8gb ddr4 3000mhz ram, and I attempted to boot with only one stick, but to no avail. I did that before your suggestion, and I didn’t try each stick by itself, so I can try it tonight. i’ve also attempted the boot with the hard drive and SSD unplugged. And with all USBs unplugged. Nothing has worked so far, but I have no problem getting into bios usually. Although I do but interesting to sometimes I get to the option screen, when I press F2 or F11 the screen just seems to be frozen. Really worried I’m gonna have to end up rebuilding this whole PC with all new parts just to figure out what went wrong.