Open back headphone for music and gaming recommendations

poorlydrawntv

So my trusty Cooler Master MH751 is starting to show its age, and a few days ago the swivel mechanism snapped and the right ear cup is now dangling, although i can still use it. I'm planning an upgrade right now and i'm eyeing open back headphones since i've never tried them out before

Are there any open back headphones recommendations for both gaming and music listening? I have AKG K612, Sennheiser Epos GSP500, Sennheiser HD559, and Audio-Technica ATH-GDL3. My budget is around $100-$200. My friend actually recommended me the GSP500 and he said it's not bad

Thanks in advance 

Edited by poorlydrawntv
Added Audio-Technica ATH-GDL3 to the list and some context

55 minutes ago, poorlydrawntv said:

I have AKG K612, Sennheiser Epos GSP500, Sennheiser HD559, and Audio-Technica ATH-GDL3. My budget is around $100-$200. My friend actually recommended me the GSP500 and he said it's not bad

You have, or you are considering those listed?

I don't have experience of any of them, but on paper K612 would be my pick but I already use K702 which is similar.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, porina said:

You have, or you are considering those listed?

I don't have experience of any of them, but on paper K612 would be my pick but I already use K702 which is similar.

I'm considering those listed, haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm leaning more towards K612 and GSP500 tho.

What's your experience with K702 since you said that it's similar with K612? Especially in the gaming side, can you hear footsteps and stuff clearly during match?

1 hour ago, poorlydrawntv said:

What's your experience with K702 since you said that it's similar with K612? Especially in the gaming side, can you hear footsteps and stuff clearly during match?

It's a good sound but I don't play that sort of game to answer that part.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Fidelio X2HR or Beyerdynamic Tygr. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

59 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Fidelio X2HR or Beyerdynamic Tygr. 

unfortunately both aren't availabe in my country

45 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Senn HD560S on sale are pretty good for the money.

i see that, but unfortunately due to exchange rate, even on sale the price is still out of my budget range

46 minutes ago, poorlydrawntv said:

i see that, but unfortunately due to exchange rate, even on sale the price is still out of my budget range

Not sure where you are or what currency you are referencing, but they are in that range in CAD/USD if you have some patience waiting for a sale. 

15 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Not sure where you are or what currency you are referencing, but they are in that range in CAD/USD if you have some patience waiting for a sale. 

i'm in indonesia, i thought changing the budget currency to USD would be better for understanding than keeping it in IDR

1 hour ago, poorlydrawntv said:

unfortunately both aren't availabe in my country

Where do you live, and what online retailers would you buy from with links so we can get an idea of what's available.  Also what's your budget?

35 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Where do you live, and what online retailers would you buy from with links so we can get an idea of what's available.  Also what's your budget?

indonesia, i usually buy from tokopedia.com and my budget is around 1.5 million IDR to 2 million IDR