Planning water cooling in the Meshlicious

Hey,

I'm currently planning a water cooling loop in the Meshlicious and I've already got my eye on some of the parts I'm planning on using. This is my current parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lj3nW4

My current plan is to use the EKWB Velocity2 AM5 and a Coolstream 280 rad with a FLT80 D5 pump+res combo. I'm going to add my gpu in when I get it using the Bykski Aorus 3070 block.

I haven't considered fittings too much yet since I'm near a Micro Center and I should be able to pick up any that I might be missing.

Questions:

1. Should I be ordering directly from EKWB or through Amazon? They seem to be about the same price for my parts.

2. Should I consider using parts from a different brand?

3. Would a 280mm rad be able to cool these quietly or would it result in noticeable noise (if the pc is on the table next to me)

4. Should I be concerned about the clearance between my gpu block and the inside bit of my fans/radiator?

5. Are there any things I need to consider with my current plan?

How the hell did you pay that much for a 3070?

as for parts choices wouldnt bother with overpriced ek, prefer alternative cost effective brands like bykski, barrow, alphacool, etc. 

Btw is the gpu cooler loud or no? Cause if it isnt then why bother watercooling it? Just heats up the loop with no benifit

12 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

How the hell did you pay that much for a 3070?

as for parts choices wouldnt bother with overpriced ek, prefer alternative cost effective brands like bykski, barrow, alphacool, etc. 

Btw is the gpu cooler loud or no? Cause if it isnt then why bother watercooling it? Just heats up the loop with no benifit

It was launch and only one I could get my hands on (I had been using my computer for a few years without one and was struggling).

I know EK is a bit expensive but I like the aesthetic and from what I've seen, they're generally the most "trusted" water cooling brand.

As for the GPU, it doesn't get loud but I'm concerned about the clearance if I use the FLT80 res+pump combo. I could go with one of the pump+res+cpu block combos but I feel like if I'm going for watercooling, might as well do everything.

10 hours ago, Sychic said:

It was launch and only one I could get my hands on (I had been using my computer for a few years without one and was struggling).

I know EK is a bit expensive but I like the aesthetic and from what I've seen, they're generally the most "trusted" water cooling brand.

As for the GPU, it doesn't get loud but I'm concerned about the clearance if I use the FLT80 res+pump combo. I could go with one of the pump+res+cpu block combos but I feel like if I'm going for watercooling, might as well do everything.

I generally have a disdain for overpriced normal loops so dont think ill ever bother with one when i can just use a massive car radiator with the only exception being sff builds, makes absolutely no sense to overpay for branding so i also would not reccomend ek

If your goal is max quietness think youll wanna keep the loop exclusive to the cpu since the gpu already has a beefy cooler so just turn those fans down, and adding the gpu to the loop will only heat things up and make things louder cause the radiator fans gotta run faster to dissipate more heat

If you want aesthetics then id assume foregoing abit of quietness would be fine?

33 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I generally have a disdain for overpriced normal loops so dont think ill ever bother with one when i can just use a massive car radiator with the only exception being sff builds, makes absolutely no sense to overpay for branding so i also would not reccomend ek

If your goal is max quietness think youll wanna keep the loop exclusive to the cpu since the gpu already has a beefy cooler so just turn those fans down, and adding the gpu to the loop will only heat things up and make things louder cause the radiator fans gotta run faster to dissipate more heat

If you want aesthetics then id assume foregoing abit of quietness would be fine?

Hm I'll consider it. I think I can probably get away with mounting my radiator somewhere else than I originally planned which should allow for more than enough clearance for the gpu. It feels strange only water cooling the cpu though since I'm already going the custom loop option. Though I can always add it in later if I feel like it.

Budget isn't super important to me, but I appreciate you feeling for my wallet.

What's a reasonable price for fittings? I'm currently just listing everything in amazon just to unify what I need but it totals to anywhere between $200 and $275. Should I be looking into other brands and if so, do any carry anything similar to ek's satin titanium or black nickel? Any other matte metallic color would also be really nice but I could settle for any dark color. I tried looking into the brands recommended earlier but most either didn't carry any similar colors or their websites simply didn't work.

there are other brands besides EK like optimum, xspc, alphacool, corsair hydro, bitspower, hardwarelabs, heatkiller, aquacomputer...

check out sites like modmymods, performance-pcs, titanrig, dazmode (canada)

reviews i normally look thru https://www.techpowerup.com/review/?category=Watercooling or https://www.igorslab.de/en/cooling-reviews-en/

fittings i went with barrow & tubing i suggest epdm unless u already have experience with tube bending

i usually see folks with single 280 rad undervolt their cpu & gpu, if loop is only for cpu then yer good

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini