How many of your "fired" LTT in the past?

Linus talks about how the viewers are his boss. 

I'm curious how many of you actually stopped watching or gave deliberate excessive dislikes to LMG in the past because of something and what it was that made you do that. IE "fired" LMG/LTT

I remember when LTT videos were all exclusively click bait titles and never saying what the video was. Then there was a Livestream or something where he gave a half corporate "okay we'll fix this" and then they changed the policy to "after 1 day we'll add what the video is actually about."

That was when I fired LTT. 

Now I think 90% of videos have the click bait/enticements titles and thumbnails, AND the hyphen at the end of the title that actually says what the video is on upload. This procedure happened a number of years ago, so LTT has been "re-hired" since. 

Spoiler

(Until they do too many "we don't plan" engineering where they try too hard to show how they don't plan.) 

Regular not planning *is* the vibe but over selling it, feels fake. They only did that once to my memory. Since then the "not planning" has been authentic. 

EDIT:

I am curious to if lmg would chime in on times they felt/knew/saw they were getting fired with elaboration. 

Aside from Colton copy striking the channel. That's something else. 

Twice, one when they start doing clickbait title and thumbnail, another one i forgot why.. long time ago. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I stopped watching their videos years ago, mainly because the camerwork gave me a headache (bouncing all around as if the camerman was drunk, piss poor focusing, etc) the click bat headlines and stupid facial expressions on the thumbnail was just an added bonus

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Maybe with the warranty stuff on that WAN Show, but I don't know for sure. I rarely like or dislike something.

I dislike the titles/thumbnails as well, but I can't blame them for doing it, I would do it as well in their shoes.

fr me there videos are hit and miss. half are great the other half are pretty shit. i like the wan sho tho

53 minutes ago, fpo said:

I'm curious how many of you actually stopped watching

2019 camera work as @Radium_Angel puts it, a camera angle vomit. The COVID lockdown sets the camera to more fixed position as there are less shooters stand by which is where i start to peep around again and then later on theyre moving back to the fixed position in mid 2021 for a lot more videos especially those that expects more views like hardware launches, i started rewatching it. But yeah, mobile camera videos still have that claustrophobic vibe of an electronic conference, i really wish they continue with more fixed/distanced route, or atleast make close shots more personalized and tactile by using a more narrow cut rather than fixed to the source.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

An attack helicopter joke in the credits for a video.  It was used for someone on probation.  Part because it's transphobic part because they didn't get the origin of the meme in that. (Heli's being inanimate VS a person having some different genetic or neurological wiring.  It's more like being a Hackintosh.) 

I simply cannot take their videos seriously enough to care enough to "fire" them. If its not interesting or entertaining I won't watch it. 

Beyond that I don't think about it on that level that apparently some do, I've got far more important things to care about.

I just… watch whatever video looks interesting. If it’s a topic I don’t care about (budget PC builds, graphics cards) then I don’t watch it.

Don’t overcomplicate things and make it seem like LTT is our friend.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I was subscribed for a short period until I realized most of their videos have no relevance to me.

Even if they are covering a topic I want to learn about like Apple VR there are plenty of better channels I can get that info from.

The last video I clicked on was the Intel factory tour which ended being a total disappointment.

I originally subbed to LTT for tech review/news type stuff, originally all of his titles and thumbnails were accurate and to the point, but at some point when he got bigger, clickbaity titles and silly thumbnails became the norm and i unsubscribed.  I think the channel kinda morphed into a silly tech themed comedy/entertainment type thing and i have zero interest in that.  I watch Dave2D for my tech news/reviews now because he's pretty much what Linus was at the start. 

12 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

An attack helicopter joke in the credits for a video.  It was used for someone on probation.  Part because it's transphobic part because they didn't get the origin of the meme in that. (Heli's being inanimate VS a person having some different genetic or neurological wiring.  It's more like being a Hackintosh.) 

I second this, that was a little far. 

I've never turned to LTT content expecting in-depth technical reviews, I go to review websites for that, it's more of lighthearted entertainment for me. I do watch TechLinked, since the triweekly show is a fantastic summary of tech goings-on, but the main channel I don't quite take seriously (and haven't for years).

I mostly just watch the WAN show now for background noise on a Friday evening of gaming.  A lot of times I have to nope out if Luke is laughing too much because it blows out my eardrums with headphones.  It's so unnecessary.

On 6/7/2023 at 1:14 PM, saintlouisbagels said:

Don’t overcomplicate things and make it seem like LTT is our friend.

I know they're not my friend. 

I have no interest in meeting Linus or Luke except to get a tour of their buildings. Like behind the scenes for the movie industry. 

I made this thread because I really like watching the LMG videos and know that both LMG and the audience don't always agree on things. I was curious if anything has changed or been protested that I didn't notice. 

I watch 90% of ltt's main videos. I watch 60% of tech linked. I watch 90% of lmg clips. I watch all of Mac address. I watch the occasional short circuit. I also watch 25~50% of channel super fun. 

It's not everyone's thing but I like LTT stuff. But yeah, I just see them like actors in a movie or a politician. Not someone I'm going to invite to my video gaming regularly nor my weekend relaxation. I have nothing to discuss with them. I just like seeing them talk and listening to what they say even if I disagree. 

I simply watch what content seems mildly interesting. Sometimes when I'm working on stuff I let LMG clips play in the background b/c the WAN show is good background noise and occasionally it covers something interesting.

When I was younger I probably experienced a parasocial relationship w/ them, but that was back in the days when they were in the house-office.
Now I simply do not care. So I guess you could say I "fired" them when that ended.
I watched the Ryzen 7000 non-x video a couple times because I thought it was well put together and featured good information.

It's slightly educational entertainment, and so (as mentioned above) I just watch if something seems interesting.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The backpack warranty and the piracy thing. The way Linus responded to criticism was what turned me away. Also wasn't helped by the clickbait, and the frequent misinformations in videos.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

28 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

The backpack warranty and the piracy thing. The way Linus responded to criticism was what turned me away. Also wasn't helped by the clickbait, and the frequent misinformations in videos.

What was the piracy incident? 

7 hours ago, fpo said:

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

9 hours ago, fpo said:

tl;dr

Linus considers ad-blocking to be piracy because are you stealing (consuming) content for free without paying the necessary fee. In this case the fee is watching advertisements because YouTube/Google is a company that makes its money off advertisements. Hosting video isn't free. Advertisement moneys keeps the lights on.

Obviously, people did not like the idea of being called a pirate and took it way out of proportion. Lots of anger. Lots of people using dictionary definition to defend themselves. etc. etc. They completely missed the spirit of what Linus was trying to say. He also does not say that being pirate is bad. He wants people to acknowledge the impact that they have on a creator/service when they pirate. There's ethical piracy like downloading ROMs of old video games that are impossible to find and play legally, and there's unethical piracy like downloading Game of Thrones. Just be conscious of your decisions. Linus openly admits to pirating movies because he doesn't want to rip the copies he owns. Why do the work when someone has already done it for you?

For a very recent example: People are pirating Tears of the Kingdom because it runs better on an emulator. But it is ethical or non-ethical piracy if you've already given Nintendo your money for a craptastic legal experience of the game?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I am a frequent watcher and also a frequent critical commenter and disliker of videos. I think that it's turned into a bouncing giant yellow text clown show at a circus where Linus is the wacky ringleader. I like some of it, I tolerate some of the rest of it, otherwise I watch for 5 seconds and don't watch the rest of it. 

Even if you like LTT videos, relying on them for accurate and appropriately framed reviews in terms of CPUs and GPUs is a huge mistake. The graphs they use are way too simple, they don't test enough configurations and comparisons, they don't outline testing methods, sometimes they don't even list the specs of the bench they used. The labs thing is super sketchy with zero background on how they arrived at the results or who performed them. It's useless. 

I don't know on what planet people want to watch a 78th "Linus upgrades his TV" video over a case review, which is objectively more interesting, maybe I'm just getting old. Making money is the main goal, obviously, and it has degraded content quality over the years. The WAN show is still good as long as Linus doesn't talk about the fabric in the string on the backpack that they sourced from 25 different vendors and couldn't quite get the color right. Give it a break. 

• 1 month later...

I still watch pretty regularly, but calling us adblock users "pirates" is uncalled for.
I am a floatplane subscriber, so i suppose maybe i shouldn't add to this much lol

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

Have disiked the clickbait titles and thumbnails big time. Although I have never subbed to the channels at all since I would rather my subscription feed just be music and not normal videos. So, what I do is place all the LTT channels in a boommark folder and open them all at once to check for the new videos every few days and watch the wan show. 

Have found lately there are more and more videos that are uninteresting. Over the top modifications like the huge fan for cooling felt so pointless and the EV car videos are a snooze fest since they are all exactly the same.

Every channel is going to have hit and miss videos which is fine, so I just watch the ones that seem interesting.

There was a period where the quality of videos dropped so low i just could not watch it anymore, funnily enough around the time they went to RED cameras, camera work was nauseating, and audio quality was sometimes unbearable. But it was not really a coucious choice, just that the videos were not pleasant to watch

Never? The main channel is tech-focused infotainment, and I'm not bothered by corny sponsor segues or "cLiCkBaIt ThUmBnAiLs".

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I haven't. Tho I don't watch every video either. But those I do watch I don't watch because they are factual information or anything its because they are fun.

Of the latest video work makeshift water-cooling I just watched the first few min and realized it's boring. Don't watch the AliExpress/wish things at all.

But I find for example the upgrading internet, Lab showcases, upgrading the server fun to watch. Or even the big powerful fan video was fun.

Also listen to Wan show after the fact in the background while doing other things.

Not a single thing makes me ban them totally. I agree with his ad blocking talk but even tho I disagree with the warranty stuff it doesn't stop me from watching the videos I like.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking