I cant change my refresh rate from 120hz to 240hz

Deni_I
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,
5 minutes ago, Deni_I said:

I am using a laptop Lenovo Legion 7 and it has a 144hz monitor. Does that mean that if I use external monitor that I will be stuck at 120hz without DP ? 

Yeah, HDMI 2.0 does not have enough bandwidth for that resolution and refresh rate

I have a samsung odyssey g65 monitor and it supports 240hz. For some reason I cant change the refresh rate from 120hz to 240hz. Ive tried to change it in windows settings and nvdia control panel as well. Im using a laptop and it has 144hz monitor. Ive even bought a new hdmi cable and still nothing. Does anyone know how to fix it ? 

Screenshot (372).png

Perhaps another cable (DP)?

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Perhaps another cable (DP)?

Sadly I dont have a DP on my laptop

does your laptops gpu support that rate/resolution via it's external monitor connection

Just now, emosun said:

does your laptops gpu support that rate/resolution via it's external monitor connection

That I dont know. How do I find out ? btw I have Lenovo Legion 7 2020 or 2021 not sure 

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

HDMI 2.0 doesn't support 1440p 240 Hz, you need to use DisplayPort or get a graphics card with HDMI 2.1.

I am using a laptop Lenovo Legion 7 and it has a 144hz monitor. Does that mean that if I use external monitor that I will be stuck at 120hz without DP ? 

5 minutes ago, Deni_I said:

Yeah, HDMI 2.0 does not have enough bandwidth for that resolution and refresh rate

16 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Thats a bummer. Thank you for the help.