Good gaming mice around 20 bucks?

Mark Kaine

Can i get some recommendations what brands are reputable or model suggestions? 

Should be wired (Bluetooth is ok *if* lag is minimal,  ~8 ms max i guess)

Also some side buttons,  thats why i need a "gaming mouse")

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

around 20 bucks?

G102/203 pretty much wins by default if you cant find Razer Viper Mini. Honorable mention goes to MM710 and MM711 by Cooler Master but click latency of them varies by firmware. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

What do you actually mean by gaming mouse ?

the term is so wide as many mice have 4 buttons and are perfectly capable others have a plethora of buttons whilst other mice have basic marcos etc and again some have so many options you need a manual.

I would say just stick to a brand as logitech with the regular left right click and then the two side buttons that you can program with ease.

If you are playing PVP i would suggest you stick with a wired mouse considering your budget.

Wireless mice from a good brand with minimal latency you pay for and 20 bucks is not going to get you very far.

personally I would say just try to save a bit more so your options are not so limited.

SorryClaire above me has given you two decent options anything else is purely down to how far you extend your budget.

I would also add that saving up and getting a decent mouse today will last you many years in general use cases. 

6 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

What do you actually mean by gaming mouse ?

the term is so wide as many mice have 4 buttons

yeah 4 buttons on the side (or 2) precise (but i feel even 10 euro mice are precise)  no macros or anything (actually didn't think of that, complete no go i hope those suggested dont have this)

18 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

G102/203 pretty much wins by default if you cant find Razer Viper Mini. Honorable mention goes to MM710 and MM711 by Cooler Master but click latency of them varies by firmware. 

Thanks, also forgot to mention 1000dpi minimum,  ideally 3000 with option to switch to lower dpi, im gonna check those mice out  (seriously my logitech B170 is 1000dpi,  doesn't feel laggy at all, but it's a bit slow movement wise and also has no extra buttons) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Im not even familiar with how gaming mice normally are so when i hear that word my mind thinks of bloody a60-a90 because dragclick/doubleclick mouse

these days the mice with the two side buttons as done by Logitech have gotten to where you no longer need a macro.

the buttons are simply now at a point where one can open game settings and choose a function. 

For example on my mouse i have left as fire right as zoom and then the two side buttons as I play Warframe quite a lot i selected the front button as slide and in almost all games I play the second side button is crouch as I simply find it to be so convenient. I simply squeeze the mouse so to speak with my thumb.

The scroll wheel takes care of things like scrolling thru weapon and radial menus if open etc.

All of the above can be done pretty much on any 4 button mouse with a scroll wheel.

Also with mouse scroll wheels check settings in a game as often people over look that the forward and backward motions can both be set to do different things.

On 5/25/2023 at 6:36 AM, SorryClaire said:

So i got the g203 "lightsync", i *forgot* that wireless would be better for my setup, but i hope i can get used to having to drag that cable around all the time, but otherwise i really like it so far, 8000dpi, baby!

The LEDs are way too bright though o.o

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

The LEDs are way too bright though

It is yeah, i had to turn it down from the beginning too.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

It is yeah, i had to turn it down from the beginning too.

Also notice that my old logitech b170 (Bluetooth)  *was* laggy... it just wasn't all the time, i thought its "just windows" but now I'm thinking it was probably the Bluetooth...

Any idea if wireless "gaming mice" are better in that regard? 

(really i only have a very small "desk" and the cable is fighting with the keyboard all the time, its kinda annoying lol 😆

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Any idea if wireless "gaming mice" are better in that regard? 

Hey, sorry for the late response.

Yeah it would be because its completely separate proprietary 2.4ghz standard. In fact its been shown many times that right now, wireless mice are at parity in click and tracking latency. The current achilles heel besides right to repair these things are also the response time between it fully waking up and asleep, especially those with cheaper, last generation Microcontroller Unit. From waking up, they can be a hit or miss in latency consistency, but hey for the most part you shouldnt worry about it mid tracking where being wireless is a HUGE benefit thanks to the lack of cable drag.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 7:01 AM, SorryClaire said:

Hey, sorry for the late response.

Yeah it would be because its completely separate proprietary 2.4ghz standard. In fact its been shown many times that right now, wireless mice are at parity in click and tracking latency. The current achilles heel besides right to repair these things are also the response time between it fully waking up and asleep, especially those with cheaper, last generation Microcontroller Unit. From waking up, they can be a hit or miss in latency consistency, but hey for the most part you shouldnt worry about it mid tracking where being wireless is a HUGE benefit thanks to the lack of cable drag.

Didn't see the reply, but makes sense... maybe i get one of those g503(?) because the cable *does* annoy me so much... and i already figured but this symmetrical form factor is bad for me,  the 203 also feels very slippery and the sidebuttons are too small and hard to reach - mind you i think its still an excellent mouse, but it doesn't suite me really...

Got THIS one and i like it a lot better (still not sure about the cable lol)

20230607_203351.thumb.jpg.62d14568441c826bf0d97344e0679213.jpg

€9.99, 4200 dpi, nicer leds imo (no software needed) and *huge* easy to use side buttons.  🤔

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity