How does Linus have such a bad track record with racial slurs?!

Seriously! Latest WAN 1:28:35 he just outright without stopping once SAYS a racial slur. I know not everyone knows every slur but as car as the C word goes it's pretty fuckin common, Luke doesnt even react. Have these guys just been completely socially insular as far as race goes their ENTIRE lives? This along with the "Hard R" incident are outright absurd. You could make the argument "Oh well, it's the name of something from a TV show so it doesnt count" but when the point of the name is that its created by a racist character who wants an excuse to say a racial slur that argument kinda gets tossed out the window. I suppose the whole crux of this post is; just how isolated from racial inequality and the words used to dehumanize certain groups of people can one be?

/rant

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Please Americans.

If you talk about stuff actually write what you are talking about. Using code language only makes you look stupid and hard to understand and using words is not wrong it is the context you use them in that makes them wrong or right. 

What C word are we talking about? 

Charlie? 

Cunt? 

Coconut?

I have no idea (but I would guess Charlie). 

How else do you refer to that character? A long akward description every time? It's South Park. Each episode is designed to piss off entire demographics. The show literally makes fun of people who can't deal with it or walk away. 

I'm sure Linus has a bar he wouldn't go past and I'm also sure the double g hard r is well above that line. If there are any people of african descent reading this, I'd like to know how raccoon stacks up agaist the real n word. Because my current perception is it's lower. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

1 minute ago, eClipseKitten said:

if you use the small amount of grey matter in your skull youll also hear how he just mispronounced "continuity" accidentally saying what your upset about. speaking is difficult, especially in a language that makes no sense. cut a guy some slack?

this is just patently false. he directly mentions a characters alter ego which spans multiple episodes (that = continuity if you didnt know :)), goes on to mention continuity (something that plays a part in said alter ego) and then goes on to talk about the tegridy farms continuity. continuity was what he was saying he did not enjoy within the show which goes for both the storylines he mentioned. 

7 hours ago, LloydLynx said:

How else do you refer to that character? A long akward description every time? It's South Park. Each episode is designed to piss off entire demographics. The show literally makes fun of people who can't deal with it or walk away. 

I'm sure Linus has a bar he wouldn't go past and I'm also sure the double g hard r is well above that line. If there are any people of african descent reading this, I'd like to know how raccoon stacks up agaist the real n word. Because my current perception is it's lower. 

literally "Cartmans alter ego" if thats too long and awkward for you < removed by moderation >. also "Random black person come and save us all by saying that a racial slur is ok to say!" hahaha jesus, you think one person can reasonably speak for an entire demographic? the c word is a racial slur created to dehumanize black people and thus holds alot of weight in a society that is slowly coming to terms with racial injustice being a bad thing.  < removed by moderation >

Edited by LogicalDrm

5 minutes ago, doldrumCalamity said:

this is just patently false. he directly mentions a characters alter ego which spans multiple episodes (that = continuity if you didnt know :)), goes on to mention continuity (something that plays a part in said alter ego) and then goes on to talk about the tegridy farms continuity. continuity was what he was saying he did not enjoy within the show which goes for both the storylines he mentioned. 

ok yeah my bad i did only watch the like 2 seconds on your timestamp to hear what he said. so it sounded more like a mispronounced word than a character name. i never heard this word used as a slur before, ig just some things dont reach very far? i donno, though doesnt cartman have other alter egos n such, ive also not watched much south park i dont have the time for it. you gotta add more context yo like very unclear what you were talking about, but again i also shouldve just watched more of the general relative section of video to understand better. 

3 minutes ago, eClipseKitten said:

ok yeah my bad i did only watch the like 2 seconds on your timestamp to hear what he said. so it sounded more like a mispronounced word than a character name. i never heard this word used as a slur before, ig just some things dont reach very far? i donno, though doesnt cartman have other alter egos n such, ive also not watched much south park i dont have the time for it. you gotta add more context yo like very unclear what you were talking about, but again i also shouldve just watched more of the general relative section of video to understand better. 

sure cartman has other alter egos but to my knowledge none of them share a name with a slur. and i understand that "cartmans alter ego" isnt clear enough so "cartmans super hero alter ego" should do just fine in literally any use case.

Don't you have any bigger problems? Seriously, if that's the case i'll gladly trade places. Like come on, why are people always ready to take out the pitch fork for literally no reason? Luke probably didn't even react because like Linus he didn't know it's a word some people get mad for.

Since i didn't know what this discussion is about i googled what "coon" actually means. And primarily it's just a word for "racoon". And this seems to be the context in which Cartman's alter ego uses it when looking at his costume.

And the other use is to be offensive against black people.

Since there are 2 uses for that word we have to look at the context to see how Linus used the word and here your argument falls apart. The context had nothing to do with black people. It's just you wanting to get mad at someone.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

"Track record"?

This is quite the emotive phrase. Do you have examples? If today's was him saying the name of a character, I struggle to feel it is valid to include it in a list of wrongs.

*** Thread locked ***

Criticism is fine, but you need to have some common decency to do it in responsible manner. Attacks towards fellow members is not the way to go. Attacks towards others will always lessen the impact of your original criticism.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv