Is it possible to remove writtings on plastic, or should I use stickers?

MS-DOS

I mean for instance this monitor

ASUS-TUF-Gaming-VG279QM-J-Review-02.jpg

I would like to remove that "TUF GAMING" thing there on the base. I find it distracting, and it looks off my office, to have gaming stuff there. I like the specs tho so I don't want to stop buying it just for that. Is there a product to remove that type of writting? or do I just put a sticker on top? I was looking for a clean ASUS logo but I cannot find anything that isn't some dodgy aliexpress stuff.

Just now, MS-DOS said:

I mean for instance this monitor

ASUS-TUF-Gaming-VG279QM-J-Review-02.jpg

I would like to remove that "TUF GAMING" thing there on the base. I find it distracting, and it looks off my office, to have gaming stuff there. I like the specs tho so I don't want to stop buying it just for that. Is there a product to remove that type of writting? or do I just put a sticker on top? I was looking for a clean ASUS logo but I cannot find anything that isn't some dodgy aliexpress stuff.

sticker. No way apart from a nail and a lot of patience. And even then it 1. would look worse 2. would be tirelessly long 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

• Sand it down with sand paper.
  • Use media blasting.
  • Sand it down and paint over it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It might even be laser engraved looking at the color... you could try aceton but it may also change the color and surface structure of the plastic

1 minute ago, _Omega_ said:

It might even be laser engraved looking at the color... you could try aceton but it may also change the color and surface structure of the plastic

I would NOT recommend acetone. This looks to be ABS and acetone will damage ABS almost instantly.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If it was just magic marker, isopropyl alcohol would take it off.

That's probably silk-screened on from the factory. I don't know of a way to remove it without causing damage to the plastic or simply covering it up. If you try any solvents, test them on a spot that won't be seen (like the bottom) to make sure they don't attack the plastic. (Most petroleum based solvents will to some degree.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I would NOT recommend acetone. This looks to be ABS and acetone will damage ABS almost instantly.

Looks like I will screw up the plastic in the process.

Anyone knows where to buy decent stickers by any chance? I thought it would be easy to find an ASUS sticker with a black background.

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

well thats true but if it is actually laser edged into the ABS, the only possibility would be to remove some of it thus acetone would be an option, with the downside that it would change the surface finish of the ABS and therefore the cooler as well. 

16 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

Anyone knows where to buy decent stickers by any chance?

You can buy stickers nearly everywhere.

Like these cat stickers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098HH48VX/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

you could try masking the area surrounding the text you'd like to remove and use a matched matte black spray paint to cover it. If you're clean with your masking and use a good paint it could look pretty good. I don't know what paints you'd want however.

Using a sticker seems pretty distracting, and painting over it seems like a lot of work for something that's not going to match 100%. I'd just use a matte black masking tape.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I rewrapped My desk with vinyl, you probably could get a small sheet and wrap that base to cover it