We owe you an explanation...

James
33 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

SponsorBlock skips it for me, so...

Fair enough I guess

I’ve noticed that the amount of games being tested for hardware over the past few months has stayed relatively narrow and stagnant. If this is MarkBench at work or just me, I do not know. To effectively get a grasp on a cpu’s performance, I think more applications need to be tested. I get that time is limited and doing testing by hand is tedious, but I think it helps by not just running in-game benchmarks. Especially with the Ryzen 7000X3D chips, many in the Flight Simulator community are looking towards how that game will perform. Testing more applications, not just the ones that MarkBench can do (or games with included benchmarks) will make the conclusions much more sound. 

Did you do any testing on linux? I'm specifically wondering if the scheduling optimizations work. Great review otherwise. I for one decided not to buy the x-variant due to the high TDP so the efficiency of these cores are welcome.

4 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

SponsorBlock skips it for me, so...

you really don't have an extra 30 seconds to spare?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Honestly, 7950X3D and 7900X3D are completely pointless products, since they are basically 8 cores and 6 cores respectively so why not just release 7800X3D that's been pushed to the limit, you can even ask premium for it on the basis that it's the fastest gaming cpu. Then you can release 7600X3D as the budget option for the masses.

18 hours ago, Streetguru said:

you really don't have an extra 30 seconds to spare?

For what? Something I don't care about anyway? All I did was set up sponsor block ONCE, and now it requires no input on my part (thanks to the wonderful random people that supply the skip segments).

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

• 3 weeks later...

In today's video der8auer talks about variance between multiple units of the same SKU. 

Have you ever considered that the first 7950X3D you got maybe wasn't bad, it just wasn't meant to be sent to reviewers? Are there any guarantees reviewers don't get hand picked "golden sample" chips to make the CPUs look better on release? Do you ever anonymously buy retail chips after launch and compare them to the review sample you received directly from the manufacturer, to see if there is any trickery going on?