Trying to replace a broken cpu but motherboard has 2 2x2 pin sockets and 1 2x3 pin socket don't know what I need to do

So my power supply for my pc broke and I am trying to replace it. I am probably going with a modular power supply and will get whatever connectors are needed. I'm just curious as to what connectors are necessary i know ill need at least 1 Pcle 6 pin connector for my video card I just don't know what do for the rest of the motherboard

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

I'd say only plug cpu1, and please can you provide your motherboard name and manufacturer please

What system is it? Dell? That 6 pin power connector on the motherboard isn't standard. It looks like your system is using proprietary parts, you may not be able to replace the power supply with a standard ATX power supply.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Not enough info.

Obviously it's a proprietary connector ... no guarantee ATX CPU1 and CPU2 are same pinout as EPS 8 pin / CPU 4+4 (but probably is)

The 6 pin connector.. again, no guarantee is a 6pin pci-e connector or something standard, could  be custom pinout.

Search eBay and other places for adapter cables, you don't say who makes the system, what model it is, nothing so we can't help you. For example if it was made by HP and model Z230 i would try searching for "hp z230 power supply adapter cable" 

The label on the psu may give you a hint about what voltages are going through those connectors ex if label has only 12v and no 5v or 3.3v then you know it's only gonna be 12v ... but there could be 12v stand-by, should be a power_ok wire , and a power_on wire..

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

What system is it? Dell? That 6 pin power connector on the motherboard isn't standard. It looks like your system is using proprietary parts, you may not be able to replace the power supply with a standard ATX power supply.

You can get converters, theyre safe contrary to popular belief (I'm running one for dell in my pc it's been working fine for a very long time.) so op might be able to get one for their specific mobo

Yes its a dell motherboard i can't find the specific one anywhere here is the full picture of it though the pc is a Dell D28m

IMG_0359.JPG

The black cable with a white label on it is also coming from power supply... the connector on mobo has PWR_SW near it. (top right)

That one most likely will have those power_ok and power_on wires  and potentially -12v (for serial ports) and 5v / 12v stand-by