Noctua Poop Brown yay or nay?

TacoSenpai

Noctua Poop brown?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay?

• I wear my poop brown fans with pride
    • nah fam.

As the title suggests do you wear the noctua poop brown colored fans with pride and for posterity or go for the different colors?

27 minutes ago, TacoSenpai said:

As the title suggests do you wear the noctua poop brown colored fans with pride and for posterity or go for the different colors?

I personally hate it. I want them black, like my heart. (or perhaps a dark grey).

I don't mind the browns, but I don't go out of my way to use them either. Have iPPC (black frame brown corners) and Redux fans in my main rig, browns in my funny Dell chassis. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I love Noctua poop brown, it calls to me when I shop for fans. I recently found a BT controller with the same color scheme and it's my favorite 

Just now, Beenz4Koni said:

I love Noctua poop brown, it calls to me when I shop for fans. I recently found a BT controller with the same color scheme and it's my favorite 

Noctua poop brown is love.  Noctua poop brown is life.

my case doesn't have any windows, so i don't care about looks.

on a more general note, it does look out of place unless everything is noctua

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I've got three Noctuas and three BeQuiets (all 120mm) running in my rig. The BeQuiets are SilentWings 3 PWM fans and are on the intake. The pump and CPU fans are all Noctuas. For an all-air-cooled rig, it's pretty quiet, and what little noise it makes is a pretty ignorable white-noise.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

2 hours ago, TechlessBro said:

Just buy delta fans and run them slow, they beat everything else.

plus you can ramp them up to 6000 rpm or more.

there is a reason servers use delta so widely.

Just because a fan is good at high rpm, doesn't mean it's also good at low rpm. That's where Noctua optimizes most of their fans. I've never had a fan that performed better on a radiator at sub 800 rpm than the NF-A12x25. I'm not saying they're the best without a doubt. But they're the best i personally tested so far.

I personally love Noctua fans. Never had one with QC issues, never had one fail and the support is top-tier. It's literally one of the only 2 companies i know which i never had a problem with or heard of widespread support issues. And that's worth a few bucks on it's own (imo).

LTT often asked the question: Would you be willing to pay more on a product if you know the extra money goes into good product support? If the answer is yes, buy Noctua fans. If the answer is no, buy something else. There are much cheaper fans that perform similar, but good luck with the likes of Thermaltake when it comes to support.

I still don't like the Noctua color sheme though. Yes, it may be iconic, but i much prefer the Chromax series for their blackout design. And i love the fact none of their products comes with LED's.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I don't like PCs that look like RGB parts aquariums, so I don't care what the fans look like as long as they're quiet and work well.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I'm pretty indifferent to their color scheme, I won't go too far out of my way to avoid it, but I also don't have much love for it.

On the other hand, I also ain't particularly fond of RGB, either.

Therefore, my current rig is using all NF-A14 iPPC-3000 for their superior performance compared to non-iPPC, with the brown corners swapped for black ones wherever the corners are visible to achieve a cleaner look. The only exception to that is the tiny NF-A4x20 sitting on the GPU's backplate, blowing air over the M.2 heatsink. That thing's sporting the usual Noctua color scheme. I don't really mind it, though it does stand out somewhat. Maybe someday I'll spray paint it black, who knows.

Stealth builds, it's fine. Anything with a window needs very careful hardware matching to look decent, imo.

Still not my cup of tea overall though.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

Yay.

I have a window on my case, it's acrylic. I sanded it. It now looks "frosted", no longer see through. I love my poop brown noctua fans in my case that I can't see. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I bought a PC case that doesn't have a window. I do not want to look into my case, I only want to do cable management as far as it's sensible for air-flow and nothing else.

Hence I could not care any less about the color of my fans, but boy do I love the Noctua performance 🙂