T-Mobile freshens their breath

Summary

Mint mobile announced it in a mass customer email that they're being acquired by T-mobile. Mint says they don't have plans to change prices but promise better service and customer experience following this.

Quotes

"We believe bringing together these two innovative brands will supercharge our mission to provide you with the most affordable premium wireless service."

Mint Mobile Owner, Ryan Reynolds, and

T-Mobile CEO, Mike Sievert.

My thoughts

I've had them for almost a year. Still have yet for a need to call customer support cause it's not bad tbh.

Sources

https://www.mintmobile.com/unicorn/ (yes that is the link thanks Ryan for making the mods question me)

I attached the official announcement email to cause it's kinda hard to link.Screenshot_20230315-093137.thumb.png.d991c4517393d062bec1fb5074aab8f5.png

Since they already used the T-Mobile network I guess they'll just become a subsidiary instead of a separate company. Provided they don't also merge customer data into T-Mobiles "secure" network then I don't see any issues really.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

So would this mean Ryan still maintains ownership of Mint? And if not, does he wipe his hands clean of the company or does he still have say in how the company runs? The video made it seem like he's still part of Mint, which I generally view as a positive thing. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

So would this mean Ryan still maintains ownership of Mint? And if not, does he wipe his hands clean of the company or does he still have say in how the company runs? The video made it seem like he's still part of Mint, which I generally view as a positive thing. 

I believe that he will be running mint still but T-Mobile will have a big hand in it to. Comes both positive and negative sides

53 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Since they already used the T-Mobile network I guess they'll just become a subsidiary instead of a separate company. Provided they don't also merge customer data into T-Mobiles "secure" network then I don't see any issues really.

I think they'll be integrating more technologies into mint more than anything. Besides I'd bet they'd keep those two databases separate for sorting and better tracking anyway

This move makes sense, T-Mobile seems to be on a move to better increase its service [and customer service]  by combining all of its contract services under the umbrella. I have to be careful on what and how I say this this since I have an invested biased view of T-mobile. I personally cant say much negative from my own experiences being a customer of tmobile for... 20 some years now, each time I had to call, the techs were very helpful and right to the issue.

@Bratstech do please find a news article to link in your OP to meet the guidelines 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

why compete when you can simply buyout the competition

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>