Does HP like to get SUED? || HP is blocking third-party printer ink again...... ||

darknessblade
On 3/14/2023 at 3:14 PM, LAwLz said:

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough. 

I understand why some jobs requires you to print stuff out. For example my office has several printers, and I understand that on a construction site it's convenient to have stuff printed out. What I don't understand is people who have printers at home. 

Depends on the situation. 

I have both digital and physics archives(documents). If I forget to digitally archive something, I still have the physical document to refer back to, which means I have to print stuff out. Also, even though this is occasional, in my area, it's a requirement(AFAIK) to have a physical copy of insurance and registration within a vehicle. I register my vehicles online, so that means I have to print out the registration, and I'd rather not rely on another person or organization in order to print it out. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

On 3/20/2023 at 10:16 PM, Kisai said:

I have a printer at home. I would *NEVER* buy a HP printer because I saw this writing on the wall well over a decade ago. 

My sister gave me an HP printer. Something a bit newer, but I don't remember the model. I went to buy some ink at Walmart, and it's so freakin expensive! It's no wonder people try to use third-party cartridges. I myself were offended by the prices to the point where I bought Walmart's own ink for the printer at a fraction of the price, and the quality is totally fine! It's ridiculous that HP charges so much for their ink that when people try to go third-party, the cartridges are totally rejected. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Frustrating how their enterprise gear like the EliteBook line have been one of the most serviceable lineups as an OEM for years. Meanwhile the consumer side is going hurdur and pulling this crap. Though I shouldn't be surprised with printers when prices for one new is less than 100 bucks with all the features a consumer could want. HP isn't the first and won't be the last.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, da na said:

someone told me the other day that Dell had gone bankrupt in the late 2000s. 

I cant recall if they actually had to file for bankruptcy however I do recall they went public. After they went public they did crappy, Michael Dell bought back all the shares and took it back private. Then they went public again I think. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The 4000-series was peak HP LaserJet. They're slow, but they just work. Forever.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 3/13/2023 at 3:56 AM, darknessblade said:

Does HP like to get sued or what?

Hey man, don't kink shame.