Emulators - Do You Use Them?

Jogostar

Hello Folks!

Just a little "survey".

Why do you use them?

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

MAME is an important one, the one i use the most by far, the one i use the most. You should make it so that you can check multiple things on the last question. :)

For my arcade machine. i can have more games that way :) (and im cheap as hell)

MAME is an important one, the one i use the most by far, the one i use the most. You should make it so that you can check multiple things on the last question. :)

forgot about that. thanks. :)

Hell to the yes :lol:

I have a plan brooding in the back of my head to build an arcade machine with a lovely console and seating position with old school controllers built in. Looking at MAME for that.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Hell to the yes :lol:

I have a plan brooding in the back of my head to build an arcade machine with a lovely console and seating position with old school controllers built in. Looking at MAME for that.

I always wanted to make a SNES with a Raspberry Pi.

I use dosbox to play many of my old games.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

You didn't have an option for all of the above! D:

I have a huge library of NES, SNES, Genesis, MegaDrive, ColecoVision, CPS1, CPS2, NeoGeo/ CD, Lynx, 2600, 7800, C64, TurboGrafx-16, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, CD32, DreamCast, GameCube and different Coin-Op systems... All these games from different regions take up around 14TB of my storage space.

Edit: Forgot to mention hand held gaming devices: GameBoy, Game&Watch, GameBoyColor, GameBoyAdvane, NintendoDS, Nintendo3DS, Game Gear, Nomad, NeoGeo Pocket, NeoGeo Pocket Color, NeoGeo X and the WonderSwan!

I always wanted to make a SNES with a Raspberry Pi

Ideally I'd have a machine that plays stuff from NES days up to the Playstation 2 days, Gonna have to work on that a bit though.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I have a huge library of NES, SNES, Genesis, MegaDrive, ColecoVision, CPS1, CPS2, NeoGeo/ CD, Lynx, 2600, 7800, C64, TurboGrafx-16, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, CD32, DreamCast, GameCube and different Coin-Op systems... All these games from different regions take up around 14TB of my storage space.

that's why there is the "other" option.

cuz i'm lzy as fuk.

You are truly a magnificent bastard o3o

PS2 and Wii are the main consoles I emulate, though games like Ratchet and Clank Gladiator has some serious texturing issues that cannot be fixed without causing seriously higher system requirements.

Bit depressing, but aside from that it's smooth sailing.

You are truly a magnificent bastard o3o

Counting all the games I have, not counting different region or different language version ~ I have a collection of 9813 games if I count all the versions ~ it will bloat up to 22114 games.

I love my arcade and retro games and I have some of the rarest games not found on the internet any more :P

PSX is iffy and PS2 just needs more oompf IIRC, that's where I'm, sitting at.

I have owned pretty much all the Pokemon titles to SS and HG, but now that I have sold all my consoles, I use emulators from time to time to keep myself entertained during boring lessons at school.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I use PCSX2 for Final Fantasy 12 because it's impractical for me to have my PS2 around, I own both the console and the game so I don't see anything wrong with it.

I'm a purist, so if I can't play the original game on it's original console, I'm not interested. :)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Own all the games I play even the old Genesis game. Play NHL 94 still. 

Bought the Metroid Trilogy at Best Buy for Dolphin, but I still haven't got around to playing it. Every time I think about it, I would get sucked in to playing online with friends and then I got Dark Souls 2. This damn game...I think it is going to take me a month from start to finish for Dark Souls 2. I never played the first one, and I had no idea what I was in for lol.  

I actually used my mouse keyboard for Mario Galaxies 1/2 though. I bought the lightbar to use my Wii controller with, but Mouse/keyboard actually worked really well in that game. I just bound the spin to my G500 mouse button. Metroid? We will see. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

you missed the genesis in your system list.

Also missed the atari 2600.

also the dreamcast.

And the saturn.

And the nomad.

And the original and color gameboy.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

PCSX2 for PS2 using the dx11 and dx9 plugins actually can give you WAY better graphics on some games that on the actual ps2. One thing i love about using it. 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

There are no Xbox emulators. Makes me think someone is lying ;)

I use emulators to play my Wii and Gamecube games. It's truly the only way to play them as you can render the game at 4x native resolution (not up-scaling) with all the extra benefits of AA, AF, and sweetfx. It's the only emulator set up that greatly improves upon the original hardware.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

i play super mario world in a snes emulator.

i dont own the game.beacuse basicly i dont know how to get it

you missed the genesis in your system list.

Also missed the atari 2600.

also the dreamcast.

And the saturn.

And the nomad.

And the original and color gameboy.

you did see the "other" option right?

There are no Xbox emulators. Makes me think someone is lying ;)

I use emulators to play my Wii and Gamecube games. It's truly the only way to play them as you can render the game at 4x native resolution (not up-scaling) with all the extra benefits of AA, AF, and sweetfx. It's the only emulator set up that greatly improves upon the original hardware.

I don't know about you but I have found some Xbox emulators:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/