Emulators - Do You Use Them?

Jogostar

I haven't been able to get a ps2 emulator working and I feel like a idiot because of it lol.. what sites to you fellas use to get emulators?

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I haven't been able to get a ps2 emulator working and I feel like a idiot because of it lol.. what sites to you fellas use to get emulators?

I'm not sure if it's against CoC, but here:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/ps2/

@alpenwasser Is it ok to link emulators?

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Hm, good question, I'll need to ask TBH. Didn't Linus use a SNES emulator

for the afterparty a while back? Not sure anymore.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I run a Wii emulator, but I happen to own both a Wii and Wii u, as well as the games I am playing.

As for as the older consoles, I see no problem running them because you can't buy the games new anyway.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

you did see the "other" option right?

You did see where the 'other' option requested me listing what other meant to me right?

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

Okidoki, got a response: Emulators are fine, the legally murky

part is getting your hands on copyrighted software (games) to

run on them.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

My girlfriend bought me a controller to use with my android phone. I have been playing tonnes of emulators, but most importantly Goldeneye 64. So damn good.

Jogostar

you realise we have to answer every question?

what about the people who voted no?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I don't know about you but I have found some Xbox emulators:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/

Look into the details of those "emulators"

XEON: "This is an emulator for the X-BOX platform. Xeon runs only one commercial game and it is Halo NTSC version, it plays very roughly, the images are too slow to get in game, of course the emulator is still under development so let's expect more for this great emulator."

Cxbx: "This may not actually be an emulator to some people but everyone considers it one. Cxbx's goal is to convert a game from an Xbox executable to a native Windows executable. This may sound bold but it's already happening and in theory it's quite possible." With only 5 Playable titles, and 11 titles which can get to "ingame" status.

Dxbx: From the official site: "Dxbx, an Xbox1 High Level Emulator written in Delphi. Dxbx has it's own kernel, emulates controllers, sound and graphics, and offers a toolchain for Xbox executables, library and symbol-pattern files. It runs many SDK samples and a few games". Does not run any games. It is able to play the intro to a game or two.

The current Xbox emulation development is far from usable, enjoyable, or to the point a working solution. People would be much better off using the original hardware and modding it to run their backups. In fact, the Xbox runs other emulators amazingly well and is a great solution to playing "retro" games on a television for cheap.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I don't, but my friend has a gameboy emulator for his phone that he uses to play pokemon.

Jogostar

you realise we have to answer every question?

what about the people who voted no?

didn't know that. will fix it. thanks.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Yes, because

36180_gsdx_20140511143736.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Hello Folks!

Just a little "survey".

Why do you use them?

enjoy

i use to use emulators not anymore PC games just seem a lot better more immersive