Is this a virus Windows 10?

step40
Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

Poke around the WinZip settings to see if there's a way to disable the duplicate file finder. If you disable it and the messages go away, there's your answer.

(Or uninstall WinZip and install nag-free 7zip instead. It's not 2003 anymore. 😛)

If you're worried about viruses, a system scan with Malwarebytes never hurts.

Hello , i keep getting this message and i think it is virus.The problem is that it cannot be detected with malwarebytes and adwcleaner.I looked into all my installed programs and it is not caused by i program i have installed in the last months.I am not sure if it is a virus.Has anyone seen something like this?Thanks in advance

dsadasdas.PNG

Check you task manager for any programs that are running which look shady.  they will usually be either very high in Disk usage or CPU usage, or even worse, high in network usuage.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

5 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

Check you task manager for any programs that are running which look shady.  they will usually be either very high in Disk usage or CPU usage, or even worse, high in network usuage.

I just checked and everything is at 0.1 % - 0% .Nothing shows high Disk usage or Cpu usage

Do you have Winzip installed?

Also, please can you show us a list of everything in "startup" part of task manager - being CAREFUL to blank out any information that might be personal. 🙂

1 minute ago, whispous said:

Also, please can you show us a list of everything in "startup" part of task manager - being CAREFUL to blank out any information that might be personal. 🙂

I have winzip installed.Could winzip cause this? Here screenshot of task manager : 

dsadasx.PNG

35 minutes ago, whispous said:

I have winzip 27.0 installed and this is what i found.So the question is can winzip cause this message or is it a virus that just uses the winzip icon.I have not specified any files tho ,which is confusing

xsadasd.PNG

Poke around the WinZip settings to see if there's a way to disable the duplicate file finder. If you disable it and the messages go away, there's your answer.

(Or uninstall WinZip and install nag-free 7zip instead. It's not 2003 anymore. 😛)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Kinda stupid question but does winzip have like dashboard or something where i can find any settings related to winzip?I cannot find any files that are called Winzip on my pc but i can see that it is installed.I dont know how to open winzip ,if it is possible at all

2 minutes ago, step40 said:

Kinda stupid question but does winzip have like dashboard or something where i can find any settings related to winzip?I cannot find any files that are called Winzip on my pc but i can see that it is installed.I dont know how to open winzip ,if it is possible at all

https://kb.winzip.com/help/help_config.htm

https://kb.winzip.com/help/help_duplicateff.htm

Honestly, if this is your PC just uninstall WinZip. You don't need it the vast majority of the time. If you need to open .tar or .rar archives, install 7zip instead. It's open source and doesn't bug you with registration screens or "helpful" nonsense.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

https://kb.winzip.com/help/help_config.htm

https://kb.winzip.com/help/help_duplicateff.htm

Honestly, if this is your PC just uninstall WinZip. You don't need it the vast majority of the time. If you need to open .tar or .rar archives, install 7zip instead. It's open source and doesn't bug you with registration screens or "helpful" nonsense.

I uninstalled winzip i use 7zip anyways.Hopefully the message was from winzip and not a virus lol .This message comes every 2 weeks so we will see in 2 weeks if winzip was causing it.Thanks for the help