WARNING - Bots on LTT videos are becoming more difficult to discern from genuine users

Vishera

There is a recent trend of bots that copy comments from genuine users and then post them as if they were their own,

Usually with an image of an attractive woman often in revealing clothing in the profile picture.

Their profiles usually contain a malicious link or other shady stuff.

An example for it:

image.thumb.png.a08e4684d5716e47dca29be9c30e8b8f.png

Their profile contains a link to a fake dating website that will try to "login" to the fake dating website through your Google account but instead will give the malicious actors access to your Google account.

I don't know what they do next since i don't have a Google account i am willing to sacrifice,

I guess that one of the uses for those Google accounts is to use them for their network of YouTube bots.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, DigitalGoat said:

You would think a bot could at least spell check the source comments. 🙂

They just copy paste comments, they don't modify them in any way.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

17 minutes ago, Vishera said:

There is a recent trend of bots that copy comments from genuine users and then post them as if they were their own,

Usually with an image of an attractive woman often in revealing clothing in the profile picture.

Their profiles usually contain a malicious link or other shady stuff.

An example for it:

image.thumb.png.a08e4684d5716e47dca29be9c30e8b8f.png

Their profile contains a link to a fake dating website that will try to "login" to the fake dating website through your Google account but instead will give the malicious actors access to your Google account.

I don't know what they do next since i don't have a Google account i am willing to sacrifice,

I guess that one of the uses for those Google accounts is to use them for their network of YouTube bots.

Feel like it just copies comments like every bikini "hotgirlsvlogs" channel

i) Why you are on Light Theme

It is very common on every channel so Youtube needs to do some think about it it isn't a LMG only problem Btw These comments do get deleted in Ltt videos.

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

Why you are on Light Theme

Why are you on Dark Theme?

Just because you like/do something it doesn't mean that others should like/do it as well.

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

Btw These comments do get deleted in Ltt videos.

Not this kind of comments.

At first glance they look legit so it goes past LTT comment moderation and YouTube as a whole. 

2 hours ago, Vishera said:

This isn't a new tactic. This has been very common on Youtube for at least a year (probably longer but I only really noticed it when everybody was complaining about all the scam giveaway accounts).

What is disappointing is that the comment has 2.4k likes and over a dozen replies while the original comment they copied has only 10 likes and no comments. It could be that they're using bot accounts to like the comment to boost it to the top, but a lot of those are probably coming from real people who just don't realise it's a spam account.

All you can really do is report the comment/account and hope it gets taken down.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

This isn't a new tactic. This has been very common on Youtube for at least a year (probably longer but I only really noticed it when everybody was complaining about all the scam giveaway accounts).

What is disappointing is that the comment has 2.4k likes and over a dozen replies while the original comment they copied has only 10 likes and no comments. It could be that they're using bot accounts to like the comment to boost it to the top, but a lot of those are probably coming from real people who just don't realise it's a spam account.

All you can really do is report the comment/account and hope it gets taken down.

They are definitely using a botnet to generate fake likes and replies, that's how they work. All the fake accounts feed into each other, which you could probably actually use to determine if the account is fake.

9 minutes ago, iggy12345 said:

If you really wanted to, you could always create a bot of your own to report the spam bots 😉

I made one once for a different site https://github.com/aaron-jencks/ifunny_bot_detector

It worked really well until I got shadow banned for reporting bots too quickly

ThioJoe did something similar for Youtube comments about a year ago. Probably won't work for these types of comments without some tweaks. Shouldn't be too hard to have it find any comments that match and let you review them.

https://github.com/ThioJoe/YT-Spammer-Purge

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

ThioJoe did something similar for Youtube comments about a year ago. Probably won't work for these types of comments without some tweaks. Shouldn't be too hard to have it find any comments that match and let you review them.

https://github.com/ThioJoe/YT-Spammer-Purge

It would definitely work, just look for any username that fits a template, check to see if they copied their comment from another user and if it satisfies both of those, then report it

So, Tuesday in the internet? This has been common thing since Skype was the best video messaging software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

Yea, pretty much that.

The change really has to ultimately happen on Google's end, but it's similar to what Twitter was doing though.  There is less of a want to eliminate bots because it allows them to claim so many active users and drive "user interaction".  There's also the issue that they are such a big company any changes required to help eliminate this take months to get through the bureaucracies.

On Google's side though, it shouldn't be too difficult to spot some of these things....but again, the whole "Tesla" channels, or "Mr Beast Giveaway" channels haven't gone away and they have been the plague of YouTube for years now (and it's something YouTube could literally spot really easily) and nothing has been done, so I'm not really holding my breath.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Is that some sort of long term plan to "grow" bot accounts and then whey have a histroy of interaction and commenting they can be unleashed or traded or something?

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

2 hours ago, DeerDK said:

Is that some sort of long term plan to "grow" bot accounts and then whey have a histroy of interaction and commenting they can be unleashed or traded or something?

Seems like it,

I discovered a lot of hacked accounts when i dug into a different bot account that was scamming people on YouTube

4 minutes ago, iggy12345 said:

We talking YouTube Bot NFTs here? That actually sounds interesting

The bot in my example was used for phishing users, but there are multiple uses to this behavior of the bot.

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

The bot in my example was used for phishing users

While I obviously don't support phishing users, I would support a bot trading platform

Like you could deploy bots onto remote systems, or raspberry pis, and then trade the ssh keys like in a tcg, that'd be cool

with Youtube's huge dev budget, and algorithm experience, you'd think they would be able to make a system that is able to check if a comment was copied from a video then pasted into another comment super quickly, or an algorithm to check comments for an absurd number of likes in a short period of time, and at LEAST flag it for review... Or they could at minimum, put a captcha before commenting, which might stop some of these bots for a bit.

Who am I kidding, youtube ADDING features??? Let's remove the search bar!!! Perhaps even  the ability to watch videos!

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

1 minute ago, iggy12345 said:

While I obviously don't support phishing users, I would support a bot trading platform

while incredibly doubtful, google COULD set up a fake trading site and just ban every account listed lmao. 

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

but in your example they really don't.  if you can read? it pretty much says hiimahotbotgirlandimgoingtoscamu64646 "hotbikinigirlpic"

copying stuff also isn't new.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer