Why is EVERYONE buying this monitor???

Plouffe

Wanna know why everyone on Amazon is buying the Sceptre E248W-19203RT? We did too, so we bought one! Is it any good? Guess we're just going to have to find out.

Sceptre 24" 248W-19203R Monitor: https://geni.us/MTb2Cz

Koorui 22" 22N1 Monitor: https://geni.us/gggm74S

Koorui 24" 24E4 Gaming Monitor: https://geni.us/UEhfR9

Viotek 24" GFV24CB Gaming Monitor: https://geni.us/7CrZqZC

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

At this point I'm not sure what "VA" is, but I think I'm happy with my Asus VG248 I got for 95 USD.

VA means Vertical Alignment, it's a type of Liquid Crystal Display arrangement that benefits in color contrast and suffers from horrendous unusable smearing and ghosting 90% of the time

I'm not salty

Can't wait for the "Why is EVERYONE buying this laptop???" edition featuring the amazon review champion: the Acer Aspire 5, with nearly 40k reviews (and I can see why - it's a very good laptop for $400)

Or the current sales champion, an entry-level SKU of the Lenovo Ideapad 3 (i3-1115G4 / 8 GB / 256 GB NVMe / 15.6" HD). He's gonna love the screen on this one /s

every hunge dollar monitor i've bought at my workplace died after 1-2 years. 
I guess theyre ok for a second screen or something but damn bros please reconsider your budget if you cant afford a good main. 
The things you touch and feel should be a high priority up to a minimum threshold in quality. 

I guess i'll post a suggestion. 
I've bought 5 of these, they are great https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BF4CZSV
24in, 1080p, dp, 75hz, name ish brand, 125usd. what more do ya want 
they use the same ish panels as higher end dells and asus proarts, just with a kinda crap everything else. 

seems they left the tv market for north america.

onlny item now for display are monitors. on amazon.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

7 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

That's just a bad purchasing decision. I have a Acer K242HQL for about 4 years that was about 100$ and it still works as good as ever and there's still monitors like it around for example the KB242HYL which is basically the same but improved.

8 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

I guess theyre ok for a second screen or something but damn bros please reconsider your budget if you cant afford a good main. 
The things you touch and feel should be a high priority up to a minimum threshold in quality. 

I guess i'll post a suggestion. 
I've bought 5 of these, they are great https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BF4CZSV
24in, 1080p, dp, 75hz, name ish brand, 125usd. what more do ya want 
they use the same ish panels as higher end dells and asus proarts, just with a kinda crap everything else. 

Oh man, This looks like the HP my dad used to have. They have pretty nice looking pixels.

LZM0moU_1.jpg

the PC in the fractal case, with the fan bolted to the side;

have they done a video on that one?

I mean the prices are pretty good, but I still feel move worth to find a good 2nd hand monitor or one that has been refurbished by a reputable vendor that has better features for the same price as these ones recommended here. 

But that is just my personal experience on the matter.

What case is that in the video? My roomate has a ginormo GPU and wants a SFF case and that one looks amazing! the handle and exterior fan are so cool!

1. Koorui 24" 24E4

2. Viotek 24" GFV24CB

These two monitors are priced exactly the same for me. So which one should I go for?

On 2/3/2023 at 12:26 AM, Plouffe said:

Sometimes the best monitor to buy is an obscure model that gets ignored and not everyone buys -which also helps its price laying low -  (also I bet that now this monitor on the video will be more expensive cause of the exposure you gave to it and also would be cheaper if not that many people had bought it but what can you do I mean I am not criticizing you for talking about good deals that eventually get worse/more expensive exactly because you showcased them )

I for example totally out of luck (ok and a little instinct too I always had an eye for good deals/value and can distinguish actual quality from fake quality purported as actual quality only cuz of marketing and an inflated pricetag) bought a monitor that looked like a production line office monitor that has some good "guts" that more expensive "gaming monitors" have but for a much more decent price since it is probably leftovers from a big corporate deal or whatnot. 

I am talking about the HP X32 monitor it's a ~250-300 euro 32" 165hz freesync premium/G-sync compatible 1ms GtG vesa  400 HDR 1440p thin bezel 10 bit(FRC 8+2)  IPS monitor.

I have practically not heard anyone talking about it nor do I know any other person that has it in fact in my country they didnt even sell it (and usually you can find all the monitors that you can find in other EU countries) 

It's not the best by a long shot (e.g it has no nano led backlight but rather has zones so if the screen is mostly black the mouse or whatever creates a hallow effect- subtle if you dont focus on it but rather focus on the movie or even non existent if you focus on not dying on the game you play - and that's coming from a guy that gives attention to detail in such things I wouldnt be surprised if many people dont notice it at all in general)

But it has decent (again not perfect like some monitors 3 to 4 times the cost) HDR since it can get decently dark and has 400 nits which for true HDR may be low but like for most "HDR claiming" monitors especially the cheap ones its very high since the other ones hover around 250-300 nits and the difference in brightness is clearly perceivable + I have it on a room with not much sunlight coming in which makes it even brighter!

It is a fantastic gaming and general media consumption monitor (also no complains about text/office work its good for that too but it needs some fine tuning in the menu to get there) with good colors for the price and I love that it doesnt have RGB btw but some children may find this as a negative...

The only negative which luckily wasnt a negative for my setup since it worked just fine is maybe the stand which is like 1 position in terms of height it can also tilt but not much.

I bought this monitor for my new PC setup as a temporary measure/placeholder to save some money cause PC hardware prices are ridiculous but while I was disappointed about the performance of my hardware (given the price i paid for it so I paid nearly 3K euro and the PC in many things isnt that much faster or better than my previous setup which was top of the line but like cheaper by about 1 to 1.5K euro and 4 years ago so half a decade almost let that sink in ) I was happy about the monitor!

To the point that now I really do not see my self buying a better €700 monitor let alone those 1K-2K ones!

It really must be able to make me coffee, for me to consider spending considerable more money than I did on the HP X32 monitor!

Again I am not saying it is equal/identical to a $1K monitor what I say is that the difference in my general experience (media consumption light office work heavy browsing/pdf reading and gaming) although existing isnt that much noticeable/disappointing to justify paying much more money on top of the X32's pricetag . 

While on the same time the X32's difference compared to monitors that are equally priced or cheaper than it, is clearly noticeable! 

It is so good I probably just will get an other 2 to replace my older smaller monitors.
I think this monitor is the definition of a sweetspot.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:38 PM, xnamkcor said:

At this point I'm not sure what "VA" is, but I think I'm happy with my Asus VG248 I got for 95 USD.

Well, now I have a Samsung U28E510 I got for 100 dollars.

My only regret is how bad scaling is in Windows and the lack of real scaling options in applications.

DSC9466.JPG