Y50/y40 Avalible for purchase!

spwath

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The finish on the top looks like somebody ran some course sandpaper across the lid of a plastic dustbin.

The thickness is impressive though, looks much more slender overall than some other 'gaming' laptops that I've seen, albeit they may house more power.

The finish on the top looks like somebody ran some course sandpaper across the lid of a plastic dustbin.

The thickness is impressive though, looks much more slender overall than some other 'gaming' laptops that I've seen, albeit they may house more power.

Means it can't get scratched! I like that look better than pure garbage glossy.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Meh IMO never buy a laptop if it's not from ASUS, MSI, or Sager.

Meh IMO never buy a laptop if it's not from ASUS, MSI, or Sager.

Nah lenovo has great gaming laptops wiht y510p

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Nah lenovo has great gaming laptops wiht y510p

Y510P is okay, the specs are good but the actual laptop sucks if you watch some reviews. MSI, ASUS, and Sager have a wide selection of good for the money and great build quality gaming laptops.

Y510P is okay, the specs are good but the actual laptop sucks if you watch some reviews. MSI, ASUS, and Sager have a wide selection of good for the money and great build quality gaming laptops.

Whats wrong with the laptop? Great Amazon reviews.

I would trust lenovo.

Whats wrong with the laptop? Great Amazon reviews.

I would trust lenovo.

If I remember correctly, it's a brushed aluminum mess, and has a terrible keyboard with bad leds, can't remember everything though TBH. SLI low end cards are never a good idea, as they will result in terrible fps in non SLI games.

As I said, Sager, ASUS, and MSI all have way better options for the price.

Pretty. I still like the looks of the J750JZ better, but if I were to be travelling, I would totally get this thing.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I would pay $2k for the one with 512gb SSD if it had a 880m...

Yeha i wish they had more gpu options

Pretty. I still like the looks of the J750JZ better, but if I were to be travelling, I would totally get this thing.

Yeah seems nice for that

Yeha i wish they had more gpu options

Yeah seems nice for that

It's so unassuming looking most people would not assume that it would be that powerful, but it kinda is. The only thing that might give away that it has balls is the red backlight.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Isn't the 860m worst than even a 750ti? And that's supposed to drive 1080p? If you take that into consideration along with the price the thing goes from "meh" to "horrible"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Would love to get this except i picked up a y410p a few months back for like 850, so eh. If i replace the hard drive with an ssd id be happy. 

Isn't the 860m worst than even a 750ti? And that's supposed to drive 1080p? If you take that into consideration along with the price the thing goes from "meh" to "horrible"

Why would 860 be worse than 750ti?

too bulky for me

It's pretty thin

too bulky for me

You know,it actually has a battery.

And a GPU and a CPU to cool.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

These are pretty out of place in their Y series with a U processor and weaker graphics than the older 510/410p. They are also more expensive than the 510/410p counterparts so I am not really sure why anyone would be considering these as a light gaming laptop solution.