Using Peltier or other coolers for a solid-state desktop

12 hours ago, Bestscrewdriverever said:

You trippin about dust

i have an air quality monitor and no amount of vacuuming or cleaning decreases the toc levels

opening a window with a fan makes a difference, but temperatures outside are often vastly different to room temperature throughout the year, so i can't keep it open all the time

i used to think it was because i was being lazy and not vacuuming often enough, but i'm beginning to think it's something else such as a mould possibility that has been ignored by the tenancy manager, which would explain a lot (people getting sick when staying here)

as i've said, it's not really a renter's market at the moment, and i didn't want to bring this up, but there's nothing i can do about it, and i'm worried mould spores are getting into my lungs, but also pc components

i'm not "trippin'" and i don't have a choice, anyway

2 hours ago, metallicace said:

i have an air quality monitor and no amount of vacuuming or cleaning decreases the toc levels

opening a window with a fan makes a difference, but temperatures outside are often vastly different to room temperature throughout the year, so i can't keep it open all the time

i used to think it was because i was being lazy and not vacuuming often enough, but i'm beginning to think it's something else such as a mould possibility that has been ignored by the tenancy manager, which would explain a lot (people getting sick when staying here)

as i've said, it's not really a renter's market at the moment, and i didn't want to bring this up, but there's nothing i can do about it, and i'm worried mould spores are getting into my lungs, but also pc components

i'm not "trippin'" and i don't have a choice, anyway

dust will make you sick so will mold but its your life i guess...

dust is fine if not disturbed but as soon a it get moved around or a gust of air its air born.

with out a proper hepafilter (tested) vacuum it wont matter if you vacuum it up or not.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

dust will make you sick so will mold

i'm doing everything i can to stop it from accumulating, but as i said, the source is in an inaccessible area

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

hepafilter (tested) vacuum

i have 2 air purifiers and 2 vacuums that are all hepa plus other additional filters, they help, but the only thing that reduces toc is opening a window with a fan

i'm not just doing nothing about it, i'm doing everything i can, and i didn't want to get into this discussion about tenancy managers ignoring my requests for inspections, repeatedly to the point i've given up, but here we are

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2023 at 4:12 PM, metallicace said:

tenancy managers ignoring my requests

as it turns out, there is apparently no mould, i was hallucinating (olfactory) due to my mental illness - i still sometimes smell it from time to time, even when outdoors, which is weird, but i have to live with it

although the tenancy manager constantly ignores some of my requests, they do respond, but they seem to be all talk and no action unless i beg them and then they force me to reimburse them for something they shouldn't be charging for, but hey, they provide a roof over my head, so they could probably do worse

as for the dust, it's still present, but not as bad as it used to be - i have removed a lot of clutter to make vacuuming easier, but there's still some clutter remaining that affects how well i vacuum, so i best get on top of that

i probably came off a bit rash in my response, so apologies if you were taken aback

On 3/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, metallicace said:

as it turns out, there is apparently no mould, i was hallucinating (olfactory) due to my mental illness - i still sometimes smell it from time to time, even when outdoors, which is weird, but i have to live with it

although the tenancy manager constantly ignores some of my requests, they do respond, but they seem to be all talk and no action unless i beg them and then they force me to reimburse them for something they shouldn't be charging for, but hey, they provide a roof over my head, so they could probably do worse

as for the dust, it's still present, but not as bad as it used to be - i have removed a lot of clutter to make vacuuming easier, but there's still some clutter remaining that affects how well i vacuum, so i best get on top of that

i probably came off a bit rash in my response, so apologies if you were taken aback

well you can probably higher someone to come to testing to see if its black mold. and there should be plenty of videos talk about it. but its mold but black hence the name.

if it is then there got to be somewhere you can go to take action ageist the owner to do something about it.  but if your not clean then it would be a hard sell so that probly the first step... my goal is to do the same...

there are vacuums that have hpa filters but are still not the best at it. but sounds like your not super sensitive to it like me?

dust wont bother you unless it air born. and you can make it so by torching it. or if a wind blows or something.

a vary hot summer 2 years ago and i turn on my fan and well since i dont dust it all went air born and i got sick.

but my dust problem is caused my dandruff witch i tryed to do something about and nothing works. probably longer air would work but im not doing that. i spent $100 on shampoos that do nothing, used a a hair net and not washed hari for moths still dose not work despite other people doing it. posably cold water might help but im already advoding the water so...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links