Is the 2080 ti still relevant / would work well with new-ish CPUs?

Epsilon_Operative

I was wondering if the 2080 ti is any good anymore, and if it could be paired with something like a 11th gen intel CPU or a Ryzen 5000 series CPU.

No completely unusable, you may as well just give it to someone else 🙂

Of  course its fine, Hardware like that is good for years, until it cant do what you ask of it to do. From what it is designed to do, it will be more then enough.  1080tis are still doing just fine for most people. 

still chilling with my titan XP and 8700K. very satisfied

11 minutes ago, Epsilon_Operative said:

if it could be paired with something like a 11th gen intel CPU or a Ryzen 5000 series CPU

an appropriate pairing

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

depends on price,  its on par with a 3070. As said above those high end cards don't just become irrelevant over night 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

It depends on what you want to do. If its just 1080P gaming, this combo is quite good, but a better GPU will of course be better.

I currently use a 2080 and a 5800X3D to play 1440P Games and i can`t complain, but a new, shiny GPU starts to look compelling.

1 minute ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

It depends on what you want to do. If its just 1080P gaming, this combo is quite good, but a better GPU will of course be better.

I currently use a 2080 and a 5800X3D to play 1440P Games and i can`t complain, but a new, shiny GPU starts to look compelling.

Do you have any sort of bottlenecking/general issues between your GPU and CPU, or does it work fine?

1 minute ago, Epsilon_Operative said:

Do you have any sort of bottlenecking/general issues between your GPU and CPU, or does it work fine?

if anything they have a gpu bottleneck, which is "fine" you really want to avoid a cpu bottleneck because then the card wont get new frames to render fast enough. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

if anything they have a gpu bottleneck, which is "fine" you really want to avoid a cpu bottleneck because then the card wont get new frames to render fast enough. 

This is really interesting/helpful, thanks a lot!

You're looking at 3070-class performance, give or take depending on feature and VRAM usage. Now if you're asking whether or not the 3070 is a slow card...

Seriously though, that card still has plenty of fight left in it. If you're asking whether or not you should buy one, that's more a question of price than anything else.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

29 minutes ago, Epsilon_Operative said:

When i play Fortnite on 1440P low settings, just the viewing distance maxxed out, its significantly better than the a little overclocked 3600 i had before, but in sightseeing games, there isn`t much of a difference. On the other hand, with another GPU, the 5800X3D should be abled to deliver significantly more frames. So i basically went from sometimes CPU bottlenecked to almost never CPU bottlenecked.

1 hour ago, Epsilon_Operative said:

I was wondering if the 2080 ti is any good anymore, and if it could be paired with something like a 11th gen intel CPU or a Ryzen 5000 series CPU.

My gtx 1660 works perfectly fine.

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Sometimes I think I should have picked up a used 2080ti for less than I spent on my 3060ti. Probably would have been comparable performance.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

29 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Sometimes I think I should have picked up a used 2080ti for less than I spent on my 3060ti. Probably would have been comparable performance.

But its using 50W less power and with a guarantee, so there are other considerations than performance alone.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7