RGB and aRGB working together on Asrock B450 Steel Legend?

Budget DIY
Go to solution Solved by andrewmp6,
1 hour ago, Budget DIY said:

I'm sure I'll be able to connect the hardware. But will I be able to sync both RGB and aRGB fans. That's the question. (the software side I suppose)

The motherboard rgb software will handle it just fine.Or your other options are openrgb or signalrgb

I've got 3x an aRGB fan, and 4x an RGB fan. I want to/need to use 6 fans in my case. The motherboard has headers for both aRGB and RGB. But I remember there being some compatibility issues. (can't remember where I've read about it)

Can I use both these fan types, and have the Asrock RGB software control both? Ofcourse correctly connected. And can they still be synced? (white breathing)

dont no i guess you have to try it...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

12 minutes ago, andrewmp6 said:

rgb is 4 pin and argb is 3 pin,You can buy spiltters for both if needed.

I'm sure I'll be able to connect the hardware. But will I be able to sync both RGB and aRGB fans. That's the question. (the software side I suppose)

if it works anything like Aura;  solid colors are ok and in sync, rainbow= RGB will change to the color first in the rainbow the ARGB is going to change to.

1 hour ago, Budget DIY said:

The motherboard rgb software will handle it just fine.Or your other options are openrgb or signalrgb

Looked really hard at the front of my case. Turns out 3x 120 mm fans in the front don't look right. Too tall, too slim. The case always came with 2x 140 mm fans in front, which I didn't get. (bought the case used) So I've pulled my wallet out, to buy 2x 140 aRGB fans, to match the 3x 120 AiO fans on top. For the rear I'll be using the stock non-RGB 140 mm fan. (and maybe replace the red LED's for white ones)

1057209_113566925_computerbehuizingen-co

*PS: already replaced the red LED's in the front I/O and that red light above the 5.25" bays, with white ones. Rear fan has 4x a red LED in the ring, which I should be able to replace. More affordable then getting a replacement fan for it.