New Linus tech tips logo

Bombastinator

Feels strangely 90’s to me.  Like it was hand done as a marker rendering. Especially the P. Maybe it’s just an old logo from back n th’ day or something. 

it reminds me of Phil Fogloio’s “Buck Godot  Zap Gun For Hire” for some reason

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Feels strangely 90’s to me.  Like it was hand done as a marker rendering. Especially the P. Maybe it’s just an old logo from back n th’ day or something. 

it reminds me of Phil Fogloio’s “Buck Godot  Zap Gun For Hire” for some reason

It's the logo from ten years ago. It's the LTT tenth anniversary.

11 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

I see, from your profile image, that you are a true connoisseur of classic logos.

Having seen the usual one for so long it's odd, but yet still familiar. 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

53 minutes ago, dlcarrier said:

I see, from your profile image, that you are a true connoisseur of classic logos.

Haha Nice catch. Indeed, logos and systems.

12 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Fprums*. LTT has been around for longer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Fprums*. LTT has been around for longer.

NCIX Tech tips was previous wasn't it? Linus Tech tips is ten years. At least that is my understanding. The two are not the sameRelated, but I look at it like a country gaining independence. LTT was liberated ten years ago.

16 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

NCIX Tech tips was previous wasn't it? Linus Tech tips is ten years. At least that is my understanding. The two are not the sameRelated, but I look at it like a country gaining independence. LTT was liberated ten years ago.

He made LTT while still working for NCIX, he made videos for NCIX dating back 7 years ago.

While the LTT channel has a 14 year old video

The 10 years is for the forums.

Though I can imagine that this was around the time he quit NCIX and went freelance for them, though I do not know the details for that.

4 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

NCIX and LTT have been separated channels from start. With LTT being Linus doing things he wanted without corporate pressure (as in to sell things). For example I watched LTT for about 9 months before forums went online. NCIX never had control over LTT. But after NCIX bankruptcy, Linus tried to buy rights to NCIX channel. IIRC, he left NCIX sometime in 2013.

But overall, celebration now is specifically for forums and as such, having established community.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

NCIX and LTT have been separated channels from start. With LTT being Linus doing things he wanted without corporate pressure (as in to sell things). For example I watched LTT for about 9 months before forums went online. NCIX never had control over LTT. But after NCIX bankruptcy, Linus tried to buy rights to NCIX channel. IIRC, he left NCIX sometime in 2013.

But overall, celebration now is specifically for forums and as such, having established community.

It's also the 10 year anniversary of Linus Media Group. Linus Media Group was founded in January 2013, same time that the forum went live.

https://web.archive.org/web/20151130212029/http://www.linusmediagroup.com/history/

Founded in January 2013, Linus Media Group operated primarily out of a garage with Linus Sebastian, Luke Lafreniere, Edzel Yago, and Brandon Lee - in true "startup" fashion fighting for their survival.

Linus Tech Tips did a video last week celebrating 10 years of LMG by reacting to some of their worst videos over the years.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

19 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Of course they were seperate, NCIX would probably been pretty pissed if he was making videos on his own under LTT as well as NCIX. Did LTT release videos WHILE he was still releasing for NCIX?

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Of course they were seperate, NCIX would probably been pretty pissed if he was making videos on his own under LTT as well as NCIX. Did LTT release videos WHILE he was still releasing for NCIX?

Why would they have been pissed on employees doing things on their free time? And yes. First camera person for LTT was NCIX camera person. Linus continued to make content for NCIX until 2015.

Though @Spotty

Points out validly that Linus resigning from NCIX to found LMG is also at the point and time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Why would they have been pissed on employees doing things on their free time?

Many companies have non-compete clauses. As far as I know, LTT itself has one. Linus has mentioned that he doesn't mind his employees making content, just as long as it is different enough from LTT to not cause competition. Early LTT was basically the same as NCIX tech tips. Pretty much direct competition.

43 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Many companies have non-compete clauses. As far as I know, LTT itself has one. Linus has mentioned that he doesn't mind his employees making content, just as long as it is different enough from LTT to not cause competition. Early LTT was basically the same as NCIX tech tips. Pretty much direct competition.

If NCIX would have been media company, which they weren't. Their main business was retail and OEM. YouTube was marketing method. With LMG, their main business is making YouTube content of tech.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It’s kind of comical how someone managed to incorporate so many design theory atrocities into one logo.

Not hating on it, it’s just funny. I’m sure they weren’t paying for professional design work 10 years ago.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20