Ubisoft is Ass but that's news to no one

Weigty

Today i had a power surge while playing unranked on r6 seige and lost internet connection; by the time i was allowed to reconnect the game was over and i was slapped with a 2 day abandon penalty. I know these things can be appealed so I go to Ubisoft proper and go to log in, mind you it's been a while since i've used this account so it took a few times for me to get my password correct. I finally get into my account and was in there for less than a minute before I was kicked out and was kicked back to the login screen and was told my account has been blocked from login because of too many failed attempts. I go to support to get... support, account support. The account support page gives a few options including account recovery chat. But in order to get put into a chat for password recovery or general account recovery for this specific situation that I had. you have to login with your f*cking  account information through the same portal in which you are blocked. I then said screw it and went through the password change process, and was still barred from login. 

On 1/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, johnt said:

My condolences. It's just 2 days...

Agreed. It’s just the principle of the matter. Their account services are a cluster 

Several accounts are secured in this way. It's good for security to be so tight. Some banks are more lax and that drives my up the wall. 

Do you have two factor authentication? If not, it's probably worth it since it might be more likely to trust your login. 

I ran into a similar issue with Origin. I forgot my login credentials, went to the support page, found a page on the issue where it says "please contact us to recover the account". But to contact them or even to show the contact e-mail adress you had to be logged in.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

• 6 months later...

Another reason to clearly avoid Ubisoft and all the B$ that comes with them and thier games.

Ryzen 9 5900X | ALFII 280 | X570 MEG ACE | 32GB Patriot 3733-CL16-20-20-38 | Msi Tri-X 4080 | S-Blaster Z | Sabrent Rocket4 plus-g, Crucial P1, WD Green | Fractal ION 850W 80+ Gold | Define R6 | LG 34GN850 | L-tech K120 & Razer D-adder Mini |