I feel bad for US/ Canadian computer hardware shoppers

I never even browse. I go there with a task and come out with it completed.

Plus PCPartPicker helps me avoid the special deals nonsense.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Most the time when I'm looking for something on Newegg, NCIX, Amazon I know exactly when I'm looking for before I go on the site.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

The mail-in-rebates are the only thing that annoy me. I just do my research, and wait for it to go on sale.

Eh ehm I hate Newegg.

NCIX is the only one I buy from nowadays.

And then there's the "mail-in-rebate" system. "Hey, let's give our customers a special discount for not being lazy, but we know most of them will forget or are lazy and it will be free money for us in the end anyway!" -Newegg

Im sorry if you think that way but stores dont give the discount, retailers do so nobody keeps your money,

retailers offer discount on they products because they want people to register the sold product, thats why sometimes they extend the warranty on some products just to register on the web

Have you even been to an Australian e-tailer for tech? Those are the worst abominations I've ever seen! Don't feel bad for people in North America, your sorry should be with our Aussie friends who not only have terrible layouts on their tech sites, but limited choices and high prices.

Thanks for the sympathy  :) Now...who want's to go shopping over there for me?  :P

I do think the deals can be a little shady and I find the rebate system weird..
but the prices and range of items available can't be argued with! 

If Norway is anything like Finland, you pay a 30-50% premium over the US prices AND you only have 2/3rds (if that) of the products available.

What really sucks is accessories and peripherals. The US has cheap 1 dollar cables etc. while in Finland you may have a hard time finding anything. 

So, yeah, I'd take a slightly worse UI over paying as much as we do any day.

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

I'm not from us or canada but I can navigate it easily.

heck tried Philippines stupid garbage sites?

they just blow all the available crap on your face where the top ones are the recent post. you have to browse through everything.

Live your life like a dream.

Newegg has great filtering IMO.

Amazon and NCIXs have a little bit to be desired but not terrible by any means.

I'll take an extra ~20 seconds to find something and save plenty of money in comparison to other places in the world any day.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

B**** please. The US have websites like NCIX where it's not TO overpriced. In The meanwhile, what do we have in Britain, f***ing PC world filled with nooby staff who don't even know what PC stands for. Lucky America an Canadia xD

At least we still have amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk. And that small pc shop on my street.

If you want bad computing supplies websites look no further than the old MSY website in Australia.

It was so bad there was a website called MSY but Readable so you could actually sell what was available and its price.

Finally! Someone who understands my woes.

You forgot the 12% sales tax, even from etailers. Yes we do indeed get shat on a big deal.

Ncix website is garbage. There are so many duplicate products, random questionable entries with absurdly high prices and no description/pictures. Only box products show up in search, tray products show up as a heap of horsesh*t at the bottom of the page. Memory express is always out of stock.

Ebuyer UK is 10 times worse then new egg and ncix but thats IMO

Feel bad for us? Hehe, everything is available to us. Some countries don't even sell PC parts..

Cheese

So it just struck me as I was looking to buy a GPU for a friend who lives in the US how atrocious your etailers' websites are. They are built to confuse, with no way to sort by price (and even if you can, they'll still be sorted by manufacturer first) - how do you people live with this shit? In Norway, you can go to any retailer and, assuming you have knowledge about what you're buying, walk out of there after 5 minutes with what is empirically and objectively the best deal in the entire store.

Newegg and NCIX both are set up to try and make people buy crap products, I.E. 3 categories of "recommended!" or "top sellers!" or "featured items!" and hell, even "combo deals!".

And more often than not, whatever is recommended, featured, "top sellers" (irony quotes as they are lying) is stuff from Powercolour or other bottom-rung brands, or even OOP generations.

And then there's the "mail-in-rebate" system. "Hey, let's give our customers a special discount for not being lazy, but we know most of them will forget or are lazy and it will be free money for us in the end anyway!" -Newegg

Now I know the true meaning of the word "wild west".

Amazon will have no problem demolishing this industry left and right in the end, simply by being only slightly less scummy. Slightly.

You know what we call sites like these in Europe? Illegal!

EDIT: Oh oh, and here's another American gem! "See price in cart". SEE PRICE IN CART?!?

Komplett.no <3

i7-4770k,EVGA GTX 780, 16Gb Ram, Corsair H100i, Corsair 750D, Asus z87 Pro, 120Gb Samsung SSD, 3TB Western digital x2 and corsair rm1000

I'm not debating prices here. Just the usability of these etailers. OK, I'll grant you Newegg isn't as bad as NCIX (example) but there is a lot of shady stuff all over them. If you don't see that, it's because you don't have the point of reference. This is not some weird "so proud of my country" thing, it's a simple observation. Don't have to take it as a declaration of war or anything.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

So it just struck me as I was looking to buy a GPU for a friend who lives in the US how atrocious your etailers' websites are. They are built to confuse, with no way to sort by price (and even if you can, they'll still be sorted by manufacturer first) - how do you people live with this shit? In Norway, you can go to any retailer and, assuming you have knowledge about what you're buying, walk out of there after 5 minutes with what is empirically and objectively the best deal in the entire store.

Newegg and NCIX both are set up to try and make people buy crap products, I.E. 3 categories of "recommended!" or "top sellers!" or "featured items!" and hell, even "combo deals!".

And more often than not, whatever is recommended, featured, "top sellers" (irony quotes as they are lying) is stuff from Powercolour or other bottom-rung brands, or even OOP generations.

Amazon will have no problem demolishing this industry left and right in the end, simply by being only slightly less scummy. Slightly.

EDIT: Oh oh, and here's another American gem! "See price in cart". SEE PRICE IN CART?!?

You obviously have not shopped on amazon.com and i think you have some of this wrong. You can sort/filter your search results on newegg to "low - high", "featured Items" and so on as well as by price and manufacturer, NCIX on the other hand has always been sketchy but with their sales, i forgive them.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You forgot the 12% sales tax, even from etailers. Yes we do indeed get shat on a big deal.

I forgot about this. I particularly dislike the text not being shown in the price straight up. 

Although I like the fact that tax is so low. Here it's a .25. 

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

I'm just getting back into this stuff, but i know that before buying i researched this stuff, a lot.... And when i go to those sites, i know what to look for :D I just ignore those "deals"!

feel bad for austrailians 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

You obviously have not shopped on amazon.com and i think you have some of this wrong. You can sort/filter your search results on newegg to "low - high", "featured Items" and so on as well as by price and manufacturer, NCIX on the other hand has always been sketchy but with their sales, i forgive them.

I concur. Amazon.com is much sketchier than Newegg. Amazon.can is the same except with prices marked up 20% permanently.

at least it don't pay 30 to 40% more for everything

For a really high end PC I can have a holiday of several days to the USA with flight tickets and hotel and still save money vs buying here, only wonder if customs would like it if I carry several thousand dollars worth of hardware =/

The websites can be in the worst format ever existing I wouldn't care but they are good to me

I concur. Amazon.com is much sketchier than Newegg. Amazon.can is the same except with prices marked up 20% permanently.

I don't think you really concur with me because what i meant was that amazon.com is a US online e-tailer and they have many many ways to filter a search result and what OP was saying is that US e-tailers do not allow for this. As to amazon.com being "sketchier" than newegg.com, i would have to say that that is not so. In my fifteen years of shopping online, amazon.com has listed the cheapest prices than all other e-tailers that i have visited and i have visited most of them. I have visited newegg, tigherdirect, buy,com to name a few and amazon.com has a wider selection of products than the others and it is the cheaper prices and the customer support on amazon.com that makes me not shop any where else. The only online site that has cheaper prices is probably ebay but that is only if you get through with an auction or you buy used products. 

So that is what i meant about what i said about amazon.com, if i wasn't clear i am sorry.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I don't think you really concur with me because what i meant was that amazon.com is a US online e-tailer and they have many many ways to filter a search result and what OP was saying is that US e-tailers do not allow for this. As to amazon.com being "sketchier" than newegg.com, i would have to say that that is not so. In my fifteen years of shopping online, amazon.com has listed the cheapest prices than all other e-tailers that i have visited and i have visited most of them. I have visited newegg, tigherdirect, buy,com to name a few and amazon.com has a wider selection of products than the others and it is the cheaper prices and the customer support on amazon.com that makes me not shop any where else. The only online site that has cheaper prices is probably ebay but that is only if you get through with an auction or you buy used products. 

So that is what i meant about what i said about amazon.com, if i wasn't clear i am sorry.

Oh. sorry for misunderstanding you

Yeah, I also like buying stuff from Amazon but not computer parts because amazon.ca is always hella expensive (where a GTX 660 for $280 is acceptable and gets rave reviews for being "cheap") and sometimes the vendors here in amazon.ca are rather questionable