I feel bad for US/ Canadian computer hardware shoppers

Oh. sorry for misunderstanding you

Yeah, I also like buying stuff from Amazon but not computer parts because amazon.ca is always hella expensive (where a GTX 660 for $280 is acceptable and gets rave reviews for being "cheap") and sometimes the vendors here in amazon.ca are rather questionable

I only shop on the amazon.com in the US. A EVGA 660 is $189.99....http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SUPERCLOCKED-Graphics-02G-P4-2662-KR/dp/B00966IREK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399326892&sr=8-1&keywords=660

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Scan's Layout can be confusing, but NCIX and NewEgg are really easy to navigate.

NCIX's website is probably one of the worst websites I have been on that is actively worked on by a team of people.

So it just struck me as I was looking to buy a GPU for a friend who lives in the US how atrocious your etailers' websites are. They are built to confuse, with no way to sort by price (and even if you can, they'll still be sorted by manufacturer first) - how do you people live with this shit? In Norway, you can go to any retailer and, assuming you have knowledge about what you're buying, walk out of there after 5 minutes with what is empirically and objectively the best deal in the entire store.

Newegg and NCIX both are set up to try and make people buy crap products, I.E. 3 categories of "recommended!" or "top sellers!" or "featured items!" and hell, even "combo deals!".

And more often than not, whatever is recommended, featured, "top sellers" (irony quotes as they are lying) is stuff from Powercolour or other bottom-rung brands, or even OOP generations.

And then there's the "mail-in-rebate" system. "Hey, let's give our customers a special discount for not being lazy, but we know most of them will forget or are lazy and it will be free money for us in the end anyway!" -Newegg

Now I know the true meaning of the word "wild west".

Amazon will have no problem demolishing this industry left and right in the end, simply by being only slightly less scummy. Slightly.

You know what we call sites like these in Europe? Illegal!

EDIT: Oh oh, and here's another American gem! "See price in cart". SEE PRICE IN CART?!?

Lolwut? got to Canada Computers. The website has it's quirks but I can quickly sort by price and other things. I wish it had more options though.

Komplett.dk, komplett.se and komplett.no are properly the easiest sites to navigate.

That is also why they are the biggest online hardware retailer in Scandinavian. Plus their support is amazing :-)

Newegg/ncix is also pretty good,

even though i don't use them, because i live in Denmark.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I feel bad for everyone outside the US for the prices they have to pay for electronics.

Really,30-40% on top of the product's price.It's lame,especially when $2000 becomes $3000.

What? :D

99% of times here in europe hardware is cheaper, maybe including vat in the prices confuse you?

Curing shitposts by shitposts

lol once you go on the site you know what you want no- one maybe 5% of people actually pay attention to the stuff on those sites like featured items or i think you may like this or best deals so its not a problem and its not illegal to advertise something on your own website plus i like how our products are cheaper not priced through the roof like most EU countries

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV