ltx in murica?

ds5018

I will say and I am probably making a guess where I'm really wrong but outside just the fact that it changes what can be done as part of the event(no office tours). I believe holding a convention in a foreign country makes things a lot more complicated as there can be laws about hiring local staff different paperwork will need to be filed, everything that LMG wants to bring to the convention will have to be declared and go through customs.

Basically I think it's unlikely to happen because it's a pain to do and it's not like Vancouver is far away from the USA anyways.

Its simpler logistically for attendees to go to Canada than for LTX going to the US. Just saying.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

There was a guy a year or two ago who suggested they hold it in Jacksonville. I like the way he thought. Swamp tours, airboat races, gator rasslin' tournaments, a meet-n-greet with Blake Bortles and all the rattlesnake meat you can catch without getting killed.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

it's not like Vancouver is far away from the USA anyways.

While this is true, Vancouver is a long way away if you're on the East Coast or that edge of the Midwest.

As nice as LTX in the US would be, it's just better on LMG's end to host it in Vancouver.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

While this is true, Vancouver is a long way away if you're on the East Coast or that edge of the Midwest.

As nice as LTX in the US would be, it's just better on LMG's end to host it in Vancouver.

LTX TORONTO CONFIRMED

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

8 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

I will say and I am probably making a guess where I'm really wrong but outside just the fact that it changes what can be done as part of the event(no office tours). I believe holding a convention in a foreign country makes things a lot more complicated as there can be laws about hiring local staff different paperwork will need to be filed, everything that LMG wants to bring to the convention will have to be declared and go through customs.

Basically I think it's unlikely to happen because it's a pain to do and it's not like Vancouver is far away from the USA anyways.

you are correct.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

7 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ya but it is no different than having LTX on the West Coast US. It is also far away from the east or edge of midwest.

Logically San Francisco or Los Angeles would make more sense because where most of the tech youtubers and streamers are located (GamersNexus, Jayz2cents, Bitwit, Pauls Hardware, Austin Evans and the list goes on) and a heavier fan base also in the area for tech and gaming (Silicon Valley is next door and every single streamer under the sun). The problem is the East has very little to offer the tech space especially when compared to the West. Hopefully it changes one day.

Ya it is most likely true. It also accommodates most of the tech youtuber and streamer scene since they all live in the same time zone and Vancouver is extremely close (2 hrs 39 mins from LAX to Vancouver).

I'm going to be serious here: An LTX not located within the same metropolitan area as the LMG offices would just be a LAN party in a warehouse.  It's Linus Tech Expo, without the 'Linus Tech' part, it's just 'Expo'.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

On 12/10/2022 at 8:17 AM, ds5018 said:

hey i was wondering if the was ever a plan to do ltx in the us of a? @LinusTech

🤔. That sounds very very expensive.   The entire team would need to fly cross border and organize remotely...   But who knows in 10 years what's possible.

On 12/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, DaedalusRunner said:

GamersNexus

GamersNexus is located in North Carolina, the east coast of the United States.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"