Arctic Liquid Freezer II, which header to use?

maka0

Hello

Just curious as to what what header to use? I never really gave it much thought. I know that the AIO fans wires run through the tubing down to the pump and use the one wire to control the fans/pump.

I currently have mine in CPU FAN. My motherboard has these other options CPU_OPT, CPU_FAN1, AIO_PUMP.

Also would anyone know if the pump RPM on the Arctic Liquid Freezer II are at a static speed or does it ramp up and down with the radiator fans?

CPU Fan is correct.  

Any of them would power your AIO just fine, but if you don't use the CPU Fan port the motherboard will usually put out an error code warning you that you may not have a CPU fan. 

5 hours ago, Amberiana said:

CPU Fan is correct.  

Any of them would power your AIO just fine, but if you don't use the CPU Fan port the motherboard will usually put out an error code warning you that you may not have a CPU fan. 

Most motherboards will accept a Aio pump as cpu cooling 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

3 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Most motherboards will accept a Aio pump as cpu cooling 

That is good to know.  

My only experience is with the ROG STRIX Z790 E.  and the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.  

I initially plugged it into the AIO header and it worked, but the bios was not convinced I had a cpu cooler installed.