A Headset For Gaming, Max. 200$

seppo

Hello, I'm looking for a gaming headset with a microphone. It should cost max. 200$, please suggest something. Astro A40 PC headset, and Steelseries 9H seem good enough. My previous headset was Steelseries Siberia V2.

Razer Tiamat is a great headset. I actual

Hello, I'm looking for a gaming headset with a microphone. It should cost max. 200$, please suggest something. Astro A40 PC headset, and Steelseries 9H seem good enough. My previous headset was Steelseries Siberia V2.

Razer Tiamat is a great headset. I actually have it now and it looks feels and sounds great

Are you listening to music or just gaming?

Spoiler

Are you listening to music or just gaming?

I mainly do gaming yes.

I mainly do gaming yes.

Mionix Nash 20 is excellent, FAR better than Razer. Try to stay away from Razer as they are pretty low end. The Nash 20 has a flat EQ which is more of a balanced sound other than most gaming headsets that have way too much bass. And dont fall for that USB virtual 7.1 gimmick, USB headsets arent very good and with your budget you can definately afford something way better. An alternate option is the Sennheiser HD558 paired with an Antlion Modmic 4.0 when it is released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYhEIJy2nXc

You can get very nice headphones for $200. If you let me know what country you're in, closed or open headphones, and if you want fun or analytical, I can give you some recommendations. 

This should probably go in Audio subforum but I can't really talk.

If you really want a "gaming" headset, Astro A40's are sold. There comfy and sound pretty good.

My advice would be to buy an AT2020 mic and some ATH-M50's for around 100 each. Then you get awesome Audio and mic quality.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

You can get very nice headphones for $200. If you let me know what country you're in, closed or open headphones, and if you want fun or analytical, I can give you some recommendations. 

I live in Finland, I prefer closed headphones and i don't quite catch the last question :S

I live in Finland, I prefer closed headphones and i don't quite catch the last question :S

Ah I do not know Europe/Finland prices very well but I can throw out some headphones and you can check the prices on them or you can give me a website I can browse through. 

Fun means that the signature is V curve where the bass and treble is more pronounced than the mids. Usually people prefer this for listening purposes because it is more "fun" but some people prefer a flat signature where it sounds "like the artist intended it to." Depends on what you prefer. 

Ah I do not know Europe/Finland prices very well but I can throw out some headphones and you can check the prices on them or you can give me a website I can browse through. 

Fun means that the signature is V curve where the bass and treble is more pronounced than the mids. Usually people prefer this for listening purposes because it is more "fun" but some people prefer a flat signature where it sounds "like the artist intended it to." Depends on what you prefer. 

Ah, okay i suppose fun headphones then :) and i can check out the prices myself, they are about as much as US dollars.

This should probably go in Audio subforum but I can't really talk.

Oh, yeah noticed that too, I'm pretty new to forums :S

Ah, okay i suppose fun headphones then :) and i can check out the prices myself, they are about as much as US dollars.

Berydynamic DT770 would probably be my choice. The 250 ohm can usually be run on most motherboards unless yours is particularly soft. Another option is Sony MDR-1R.

Edit: As for a mic, I would suggest zalman clip on for a cheap, good option, or modmic or samson meteor for something a bit better. 

Beyerdynamic DT990 (open) or DT770 (closed) can be bought from verkkokauppa.com for a pretty nice price. Throw in a Zalman ZM-Mic1 and you got yourself one killer combo. If you must have a headset, then look around for Sennheiser PC350 (closed) or PC360 (open).